Do you want more expansions of Grim Dawn?

They’ve hinted pretty blatantly that the Taken is going to become an Ascendant like Ulgrim when/if the next expansion comes out. I don’t see how that happens without another 10 or 20 levels at the very least.

From the way I see it:

More loot = +
More powerful characters =+
More devotion points = +
Becoming a Demigod = ++
potentially having to grind a bit to clear new content = don’t care either way

More stuffs wins 5-0. Case closed. :slight_smile:

Game sales over 1m, plus all the kickstarter money they got, plus all the little extras that so many of us have contributed over the years to help make this awesome project happen. AoM sales over 100k, not sure if it’s 101k or 250k by now though.

Of Course Yes, but I agree with level cap, 100 is enough. New items, masteries, environment, lore…

What the slith! I mistakenly voted for yes.:furious: How do I undo cuz I really want Zantai’s 100% focus on the hello kitty city project instead.

I haven’t voted because frankly I don’t know which is the best way to go. :undecided: While I’d love to see more GD gaming, adding yet another expansion may be too much. It’s already long to play through and given Crate’s tendency to give us way more content than they originally planned it may be an expansion too far. Might be better to make it as GD2 giving us a continuation of the storyline, but with completely new masteries to try out (no carryover of the old ones) and giving them the option of then expanding that game.

There’s also the question of how long the current engine can be used/updated. Although a lot of work has been done on it over the years it must have a finite lifetime so the devs have to decide whether to continue to use it or move over to a more modern engine that will be viable for longer. Either will mean a lot of work needs to be done or redone.

JinVarrel, we’ve known right from the beginning of development that the game could handle up to L200. But the devs said early on they didn’t envisage ever going that high since it would just mean you could max out every skill in every mastery in a class. They want you to have to make choices and use your skill points wisely. That said I think having another expansion without some increase in the levelling wouldn’t please very many players. I think it would have to have 5 or maybe 10 more, depending on the expansion’s size with devotions upped to 60. That’s assuming Crate gave us something similar in size to the current expansion.

the perfect timing to communicate whether to have an expac or not is this January. I am positive we will have one since Crate listens to its players. And also They should have already made so much money by then to guarantee us an expac.:stuck_out_tongue:

If only people will stop lurking and be active be a man and vote. Let our voice be heard. Majority want the expac!

As an economist I am bit unsure what I really want for a new expansion.

Sure, I´m the gamer. More is better but I don´t really need more levels. Devotions/Devotion Points Yes, more leveling…not really.

On the other hand the expansion has to sale and what could be included that not only a few people would buy it?

Some ideas:

• 2- 3 Acts that ends the story
  • 1- 2 Rogue Dungeons
  • 1 - 3 New Factions (and Nemesis)
  • 1 - 2 New Masteries (unsure about that)
  • Long Questlines for Masteries that grant Attribute/Skillpoints! Perhaps even a faction based on Mastery. Would be an incentive to play more than 1 toon for me.
  • Sure thing: New Items/Sets. Not that I need them but these kind of games are based on Loot-Hunting.

6 Cents in the morning.

Maybe ascended progression might be slightly different from regular levelling. On the path to ascension you could unlock powerfull passives/skills/ skill trasmuters to further customize your build.

I doubt many are lurking. There have already been several threads on this subject with possibly one having a poll as well so I think the fans’ views are pretty clear - they do want more GD either as an expansion or GD2.

But as Medierra said back in November 2016 he doesn’t feel the company should have all its eggs in one basket - hence new projects that aren’t GD related and others that are. Also people get burnt out working on the same thing year after year and it makes sense for the team to be able to switch to other stuff since it uses their skills more efficiently too. In the early days some people were working part time because there simply wasn’t enough work on GD at that point in time for them to be 100% committed. With other projects Crate can use the team fully by swopping them around depending on what project needs them when.

Same as what has been said already - I’ll gladly take more of everything, but I’d rather the level cap stay at 100. No higher level versions of gear either, having the best stuff drop at 94 is just fine. That’s not to say I wouldn’t purchase an xpac that did raise the level cap and move the goalposts even further, but it’d be a little annoying.

As for another expansion making the game too long…I’m not sure that’s too much of a concern anymore, or at least not as much as it once was (for me, anyway). In my experience, the addition of XP potions let me finish off an AoM character even faster than I could finish one in vanilla, despite all the extra content we have to get through these days. A third xpac might be a bit much though, but I kinda doubt that’s even on the cards.

Thousands times YES for story focused expansion which can close at least some of the storylines (Korvaak final boss makes sense & you fight it having the Aetherials top champion on your side who turns out to be Anesteria…).
Invasion and human butchery stops, Aetherials are allowed to live on some place in Cairn together with the humans - preparing for the upcoming return of CHton - in GD2.

Also while i love leveling i think lvl 100 is good point to stop. Instead have a Celestial tree of skills or sorts which takes a lot of XP to level and maybe other grindable stuff. Perhaps you unlock some ultra powerful skill transmuters or it will be an extra mini skill tree per mastery - options are endless.

Just give more now! :slight_smile:

Personally I’d love to see GD2 (newer engine maybe) and continue the story that way, rather than add to the length of GD.

^ This.

Between the two, I’d prefer a GD2 to a second GD1 xpac. But I think it’s fairly well established that a theoretical GD2 is a long ways off from being reality.

I’d rather prefer they just release big and small polishing patches while working on a new engine and G2… I understand it might take years though.

I hope other xpansion with level 200 and posibility to Mix 3 class

I have read a good deal of the in game story, and I can say there is definitely enough content there for even 2 more expansions.

There is Korvaak, Uroburuuk, Dravis, the Council of Five, the Aetherial you find near the end of the expansion, the Witch gods, and of course C’Thon himself, and other things I forgot.

Second expansion - maybe smaller one. Maybe just more items, and some environments could be enough. If they decide to not going this way then I hope for expansion in the form of additional items and nothing else.

IIRC Zantai (but dont kill me if not) said somewhere that there is also possibility for major update for GD Engine for GD 2. Which makes perfect sense.

Too many loose ends. I need more story most of all.

Very much yes for expansion. So many unexplored parts of the map!

I also support keeping 100 cap, but expanding on constellations, and perhaps a few more skill points?

And they can spend the rest of their energy on balance and tweaking of classes, and new cool looks for gear! expanding crafting could be fun too. so much stuff they can do w/o expanding level cap.

OOOOHHH. GD2, a GD with better engine? I’m salivating already. Where’s the kickstart?!?!

Lvl cap to 200 why not since in multiplayer lobby is 200, more devotion point/constellation, raised movement cap, a completly new third mastery that fit our 2 first basic choice . New thing to do in campaign not just explore the story and farm same place over and over .
Either in a expansion or GD2 . Didn’t voted .

I’d buy a 2nd expansion if it made the game a single playthrough and added nothing else :rolleyes: