Do you want more expansions of Grim Dawn?

I would really love to have more content added to GD in the future, if thats smaller DLCs, another xpac or a GD with new/improved engine and more content called GD2.

I don’t like the idea of a completely new GD game with different story different maps, enemies, loot, masteries which will end up in an endless discussion why GD1 is better than GD2.

For another GD xpac/DLC I would love to see rifts spawning all over the world randomly (starting if you reach a certain amount of negative reputation for certain enemies or reaching a certain level requirement). This rifts are entrances to a random picked dungeons you can enter. Will be a nice addition to the existing stationary dungeons. And providing some variety in endgame farming.

If a major engine upgrade/ convertation to newer engine is possible it could be nice to have that as a GD2. The same GD maybe coupled with some more story content, more loot, more additional areas. Maybe even small randomized dungeons, if thats what a enhanced engine can do. This would be a great basement for the future of GD.

If there is a GD2 a single playthrough is easier to implement, as well as UI overhauls or some QoL changes (like search functions for components or devotions). Sticking with the current base game and expansion may put some restrictions on whats possible with limited ressources.

I want continue lore, new system , except i don’t want new area/ new mastery/ loot because it will become something like Path of Exile.

new system without a new mastery or new items seems kinda weird, so you are reworking what we already have ?

Pretty much the opposite of any expansion ever, so not something I would ever expect (or consider a good idea)

Another question is: do the devs want more expansion? :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Grim Dawn, so of course I want more expansions in the future, but it’s too early now. I have played around 100-150 hours after Ashes of Malmouth released and I still have so much to do.

I didn’t vote yet, I wanted the option “yes, by the end of 2018/early 2019”.

If another expansion is released, the game will become so massive that Elite difficulty must go away.

Not interested in a GD2.

I think it would be totally awesome if they made a smaller expansion.
No new acts, no new levels.
Just a new mastery, a couple new roguelike dungeons and all the items to go with it.

definitely Grim Dawn is one of the best game for me. Of cos i want more expansion :stuck_out_tongue:

well of course i do, extending the lore would be great.

I’d like to see a kind of open-world/adventure mode kind of like Diablo 3… The thing when you keep adding more content/acts is awesome but it becomes very tedious when you have to play through it in the exact same linear order multiple times per character / difficulty especially as the game becomes longer.

_ a final mastery
_ maybe reintroduce bows: their bonuses should show they are hunting tools, for the poors (inefective with an unexpensive weapon) or a fantasy luxury for aristocracy (some might be deadly as they can have spent the much necessary time to train with)
_ a brand new already grown up character system (like in TQ Ragnarok)
_ yeah a better ending of story…
_ tweak the engine so music is not cut when we change window
_ …

Full on mastery like AoM probably not.

Perhaps something that fleshes out what we already have with a few side areas/dungeons for either secrets/challenges or expanding lore/side story that we’ve seen already.

Level cap stays but add more MI’s / Legendary items that can support more build diversity - but in some way there needs to be something put into place to mitigate the massive amount of RNG that the loot drops have in Grim Dawn (mastery’s increase this rng by a lot).

Switching the whole pet damage itemization to pets based on player stats would also be good - since that adds to the rng issue of itemization in Grim Dawn imo.

Steam: Grim Dawn made it to top 100 games who made the most gross revenue this year and landed on Bronze Category…

hopefully this edges us closer to another shot at an expansion! :rolleyes:

Over 15,000 simultaneous players too. :slight_smile:

I would love to see a second expansion with higher difficulty and lots of stuff to grind to be able to keep up with the new bosses.

Im up for more expansions but not more lvls and maybe 1 more mastery
No… for GD2 sounds like a better idea indeed but im sure it eill take like 3-4 more years to complete cause after all GD1 has not the best optimization for 10 years engine. More devotion points? yes plz

In regards to the level cap argument I think everyones mad all their ultimate gear would instantly be crap.

My highest character is 86. Bump it to 120. I kinda don’t wanna hit a point where i stop getting exp.
pretty sure if i hit 119 i’ll just switch to my lower builds.

Ha!!

It’d be great if the devs focus on explaining exactly why Chthon isn’t an antagonist to these people in Grim Dawn II: The Afterparty:rolleyes:

On the topic of another expac

1. AoM is pretty friggin big already and as much as I love this game I don’t think I’d would enjoy yet another long chapter. It’d be especially overwhelming for new players
    So a small addition to the lore is what I’d prefer

2. Level Cap should remain the way it is, same for devotion cap imo

3. New items is always welcome imo

4. New Mastery? Unsure about this one, it’d be big headache to incorporate yet another mastery imo. Wouldn’t mind a Slingshot Mastery :rolleyes:

5. Personally I’d prefer the Act Boss to be affiliated with neither the aetherials nor the chthonians. Send us somewhere to retrieve something and make us fight the thing guarding it or maybe something else; I don’t care what the reason is I just don’t want to fight anymore corpses or hentai fiends as Act Bosses
    In a different thread a few expressed interest in Undead faction playing the part of major faction. I’d like something that

6. New faction with option to be hostile and friendly (former Bloodsworn anyone?), repair quests and more rescue quests

7. New Harbor getting more side quests

8. Takes place in a snowy area

Level Cap increase to 120

New Shield Mastery

New Legendaries

A new NPC called “Fat Lady” that when she is just about to exhale, we can press a button and have her fall in a pit.

She will never sing for Grim Dawn :wink:

• Level cap: the same.

• More devotions with more skills.

• Devotion points: the same.

• 3 skills added in each mastery.

• 3 new masteries. Suggestions:
    ----- Barbarian, melee focused with physical, cold and vitality damages.
    ----- Spellsword, melee focused with fire, lightning and cold damages.
    ----- Dark Mage, ranged focused with chaos, aether and acid damages.

• More Legendary and Mythical gear, covering all the masteries and all the combinations of damage types.

• More quests, not needing a storyline. Some sort of Diablo 3 adventure mode, but make something really good. This “endgame mode” will focus in random spawns of bosses and heroes. Some quests will need more defenses, some will need more damage, in a way that you will always have a hard time in some of them. Each big group of those quests will award you with a new skill point, in a total of 10.
    Edit: Maybe you have to perform X quests to restore each city/encampment. Divided into collecting random materials, defeating Uber bosses, reaching goals (defeat 100 aetherials in X time), things like these. You will be able to create a flag for the resistence and this flag or banner will decorate the reconstructed encampments. Then you will rescue people into rifts to bolden the numbers of the resistance. Then you will face some quests to protect those encampments. Once you perform all the quests for all the encampments and earn all of your 10 skill points, your character will gain the title of hero and will have one statue in each encampment.

• More illusions. Maybe quest related. See item above.

• More factions?

Also, I would pay for illusion packs.

I want a new medievil game for Nintendo switch. I’d also like an hd remake of golden eye. Earth worm Jim 3, Heritic 2, Shadow Warriors 2, an hd remake it new Tenchu game. A proper tony hawk game, hd remake of deadly towers. A second xpac for Grim Dawn??.. couldn’t really tell you what the story is now, it’s just a loot finding game in my opinion story is last on the totem pole of who cares. That being said against my better knowledge and will power I came back, probably to lose interest around elite act 3 again cause it gets boring play it 3 times every character. So at this point no xpac just new characters.