Does devotion proc scale with weapon damage of WPS?

For example if I bind assassin’s mark to chilling rounds, does the negative 32% physical resistance deal full effect?
I am worried that it becomes 27 or 28%, because chilling rounds deal only 85% weapon damage?

Nope because it’s effect is indepedent of the skill it’s attached too. That means you can attach Assassin Mark to skills with no weapon damage and it will apply its full debuff to the target.

2 Likes

It will have its full effect anyways. The only downside is that its proc rate might be not that great. In your example, with 20% crit chance and 20% chance for Chilling Rounds, you’ll have only 4% chance to trigger Assassin’s Mark per attack (as crit roll is calculated once per attack), which is pretty low…

1 Like

That’s not true as you have a chance to proc it for every projectile. 3 in case of 2h and 4 in case of DW iirc.
Turns about to be about 10% and 12% chance per attack respectively.

1 Like

Yes, my bad, forgot it’s a multiprojectile WPS.

1 Like

So it is only around 12% even though DW chilling rounds has 4 projectiles.

It looks like I will have to bind assassins mark to cadence for general purpose.

Then bind assassins mark to chilling rounds for callagadra fights only. I really like the way cadence procs the shifting sands.

Thank you everyone.

Well, you can bind AM to Storm Spread, it fires 8 projectiles, so it still gets a fairly high proc chance. And even with Chilling Rounds, proc rate wont be too low (unless your crit chance is 10% or lower), especially considering that WPS can hit multiple enemies due to pierce. Of course, the best way to find the best combination is running Crucible few times with neutral mutators and compare clearing times.

1 Like