Doom bolt not showing two numbers?

Hey guys anyone know why doom bolt doesn’t show two numbers even when directly right clicking on an enemy? Sometimes I see it yes but not alot… basically always on a dummy. Crit and white number or two crits. On enemies only one number… I thought it was supposed to do double damage?

is your OA high enough for 100% hit chance?
apparently the secondary dmg can miss on its own i tihnk i was told last i encountered/asked about this
edit, nvm, last i tried this my OA was higher than 100% hit chance, and still lacked double dmg sometimes

2 Likes

I dont have 100 percent crit no. I mean on the dummy for example I will see 2 numbers (they both are sometimes white). On the enemies more times I see only 1 number …crit or not its 1 number. -_- lol so weird…

i didn’t mean crit chance, i just meant regular hit chance
but like i said in my edit, even that doesn’t explain it when it happens, since in my trials i had 100% hit chance against dummy DA

I had similar thoughts.
Maybe it is when target is moving as the second hit doesn’t have AoE and it probably strikes exactly same position as first hit?
Not sure though.

doesn’t explain it happening on target dummy tho :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So maybe there is some kind of internat/hidden cd for second hit?

When you get some or flat cdr that could desync them.

I think all of these replies make a lot of sense you guys 2 guys the last one if there’s a hitting cool down why does it happen randomly like I can I can get 1 number For like 10 enemies in a row And then the dummy I get 2 numbers almost every time On the dummy if I think I didn’t get to numbers it’s probably because I didn’t see the small white one I only Saw the big yellow one

I’d be curious to see what happens if you freeze them and then use doom bolt

Well it looks like no matter what I do the majority of the times I use doom bolt it is one number on the enemies. It works on the dummy but not double numbers on the enemies… I would say this needs to go in the bug thread idk??

Did you try not moving enemies / standing right next to you?
I always have 2 hits on a dummy as well.

Yes I tried that, I even tried when the enemy comes out of the ground… which hasnt moved yet but still one number lol :man_shrugging:

Anyone else have this?

are you 1shotting the enemies when it happens?

i think i noticed a trend when it occurs, seem to happen every time the first dmg hit is enough to kill an enemy outright

i was getting 1 dmg nr on aether crystals, doesn’t get more guaranteed static enemy than that
but then migrating to a later zone, i got 2 dmg numbers, swapping forth and back between ultimate and normal bolting aether crystals, i get 1 nr on normal when i obv 1shot the crystals, and i get 2 numbers on Ultimate where i’m guessing the 2nd hit is the one killing it

2 Likes

Oooooh I think you might be on to the reason! Why they dont show the full damage is still bad though I want to see my power! LOL thanks man I think this is why I tested it too on star guys I usually see two numbers so wow lol…