Double conversion (A>B+B>A)

Hi everyone,

I just found this item:

How would this work (fire>phys and phys>fire)?
Given that I have no other conversions going on.

Damage that has been converted once cannot be converted again.

Any Fire damage you have gets partially turned into Physical and stays that way.

Any Physical damage you have gets partially turned into Fire and stays that way.

^what he said.
In other words, you don’t want this scenario because a part of your damage is converted to the “original” type which is mostly lost damage.

So… this weapon basically does 16% fire to physical?

The conversions don’t combine together, they are separate and should be looked at as separate.

K.
But. How much phy and fire do I have in the end…?

Let’s assume you deal x phys damage and y fire damage.
Now, equipping this weapon will take 0.27y and convert it to phys. And it will take 0.11x and convert it to fire.
In the end you will have 0.73y plus 0.11x from conversion phys>fire and 0.89x plus 0.27y from conversion fire>phys.

With assumption of flat values of 100 and 100 for both phys and fire, with +0% modifiers to both-
it will be 84 fire and 116 phys.

Of course to both those new converted values only the target modifiers apply.

Assuming you have 100 phys and 100 fire it’s 89+27 = 116 phys and 73+11 = 84 fire.

Which is exactly the 16% fire to phys I stated before.

Kind of, yes.

EDIT1: Those would however differ if the values were different.
Say we have 200 phys and 50 fire. It would then take 22 (11%) phys and change it to fire, and it woud take 13.5 (27%) fire to change to phys.
This would result in 191.5 phys and 58.5 fire. Which does not equal 16% fire to phys anymore.

That’s what I believe Evil_Baka meant when he (?) said they should be always considered separately.

1 Like

This. Realistically, you won’t have exactly the same Physical and Fire flat damage values on your weapon.