Dragon's Dogma

Single game save per account kinda sucks :frowning:

I Started playing it for a bit, but havenā€™t touched it in a while.
Every once in a while Iā€™ll boot it up on Steam and see my pawn has bought in goodies and XP from other players :slight_smile:

You can have multi saves if you are somewhat competent with windows. You just need to backup the old one and make a new game, then you can switch back and forth whenever. I think the directory is in your installation folder but I donā€™t remember.

^ Iā€™m not sure, as its an older computer (like 10+ years), and so its not good.
I canā€™t even run Grim Dawn on it. I tried running Left 4 Dead too, and it was a choppy mess.
I really need to get a new PC, but I canā€™t afford it right now. Maybe next year or so.

Really good game!

On PS3 you can have numerous profiles, so you can rent your own pawns, best platform for the game imo.

I take it youā€™ve never played the PC version then.

Can you have multiple profiles on the PC version? If so then I guess that would be best.

No I havenā€™t played it on PC just both versions on PS3.

Yes, you can create multiple Steam accounts and use Family Sharing to swap between characters and use your own pawns.

Cool! Then I guess PC ftw :slight_smile:

just beat the main game for the first time a few days ago. I made a giant fighter and had loads of fun. Starting over with a smaller stature fellow and will try out the agility based classes a bit more. I didnā€™t try out New Game + or BBI, so I will have to come back to those, any recommendation on how to play through all the different content?

Definitely donā€™t skip BBI. Think of Gran Soren as your training ground and BBI as the main reason youā€™re leveling up.

As for playing a miniature character, you might want to consider the effects it will have on your stamina consumption and carry weight. Making an overly large or small character might be funny for a bit, but your height and weight have a drastic impact on gameplay and unless youā€™re already skilled for BBI, donā€™t expect to have an easy time with a loli or giant unless you know how to play them.

Check out the wiki guides for character creation so you donā€™t accidentally gimp your character. Also, every class has a handful of skills that truly shine and a whole lot of them that are completely worthless in BBI. It doesnā€™t take a min/maxed character to survive in BBI, but if you go in as a Jack of All Trades, then donā€™t expect to survive more than one or two hits from most enemies.

As for BBI itself, you can actually complete it at a laughably low level if you know what youā€™re doing. Throwblast and CoC have a static damage and are pretty overpowered, so donā€™t just ignore them if you find them. I was able to complete BBI at level 22 on the PS3 version but I think the world record is level 18 (or 15, canā€™t remember).

I still play this on PC every now and then and Iā€™ll usually speedrun a new character through the main game so I can rush BBI.

Oh, and donā€™t ignore the power of DFā€™d Rusty weapons. In the BBI, they will save your life more times than youā€™ll be able to count.

Yeah I realized pretty quick I was no good at climbing monsters. I had a main pawn strider for that. I also just focused on one leg with dragons maw, and sheltered assault on their head when they fell. I was also tanky as hell, almost all level ups were fighter/warrior. Only disappointment was that Harpies could still pick me up and fly away. I read somewhere that this couldnā€™t happen to heavies -_- (I was max weight. 390 lbs lol)
Iā€™ll start New Game+ with my fighter and head straight to BBI. (Iā€™m over level 50)

For your pawns, you need to pay attention to their inclinations. Oddly enough, inclinations play the biggest part of how a pawn acts, yet itā€™s barely even mentioned in-game.

Some people speculate that a tertiary inclination doesnā€™t exist, however, many of the PS3 veterans (myself included) say otherwise from experience. You want to pretty much avoid Guardian and Nexus pawns completely as they will become absolutely useless to you in battle. If you want your Strider to climb enemies, I would go for Strider/Challenger/Utilitarian. If your pawn has anything else for their main and secondary inclinations (Mitigator can usually be swapped with Challenger), then you should use the potions provided at the encampment outside Cassardis. They cost RC (Rift Crystals) to purchase, but you can honestly delve into BBI a little bit and grab some RC from chests and enemies. If your character is fast (light) enough, you can pretty much run past every single enemy, grab the first two Moonbeam gems and get access to some level 2 gear early on.

Edit: Thereā€™s a specific way to use the potions so you donā€™t waste your RC and time. Setting the inclinations properly can easily last you 50+ levels without seeing any deviation in their behavior but a few key points to remember when using pawns are: NEVER use the knowledge chair in any Inn. Ever. Donā€™t even go near that thing, otherwise you will screw up your pawn almost beyond repair (especially important at mid-late leveling). Secondly, never use the D-Pad commands (Help, Go, etc.). Every time you use a command, it changes their inclination and generally speaking, three of the four commands shifts your pawn toward Guardian and Nexus.

When you buy the potions, you want to buy them in order of Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and in stacks of 7, 5, and 3. Once you have the potions purchased, use them in REVERSE order. Meaning, use the three tertiary potions first, the five secondary second, then the seven primary last. This is because whatever inclination youā€™re setting first will get coded first, then anything after that will override what you just did and to a greater effect if you use more potions. This will effectively solidify your inclinations the way you want them and stop other bad inclinations from creeping in and rendering your pawn useless. Another aspect, albeit minor, to look out for is inclinations on hired pawns. Their actions also have an impact on your pawn and if you hire two Guardian/Nexus pawns along with your Strider/Mitigator pawn, you will see him start to shift toward Guardian/Nexus more rapidly than if you had two Challenger/Utilitarian pawns.

Any of you guys still playing this? I finally picked it up a little while ago.

I never finished it, I just drifted out of it

Guess my characters have a ton of gifts for me when I log back on :slight_smile:

I gave this game 30 hours of my time. Really tried to like it and streamed it where people told me to keep going. The battle system is interesting. Switching between ā€œclassesā€ to come up with a decent build is ok at best. Other then thatā€¦ the whole world is so empty and dull. The story is horribly weak.

I just placed this game in the folder ā€œnot even worth to resumeā€. The two good things do not outweigh the countless pointless/empty things going on.

Fair enough. The story/questline is certainly weak, and the gameworld does seem rather lifeless. Iā€™m happy with the combat system, but I donā€™t see myself playing through it more than once; I made a balanced build so I could try all vocations on one savefile. :slight_smile: Once I beat the last boss with all 9 Iā€™ll probably be done with it.

The pawns are kind of adorable though. Were you aware that WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS?