Dream Illusions

So we have invisible helm and shoulder illusions. I’m not sure if it’s possible or how much work it would take due to different animations and attack speed and what not but what are the odds we could ever get invisible illusions for weapons? Or even shields so we can block with…image

For real I just wanna see dual wield characters throwing hands at 200% attack speed pummeling monsters to death.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea, especially because i want a Monk class so bad that Ive designed a few character builds modeled after monks, and am forced to use no weapons, shields, or off-hand items in order for it to feel truly monkish.

With Illusions making these items invisible, it would feel so much more flavorful.

If there will never be a Monk class, please let there at least be the possibility of invisible weapons, shields, and off-hands.

It would pretty neat to have but I know the chances are slim. There would have to be new animations for some of the wps and that’s more work than what should probably go into a loyalty pack. Although if it was ever implemented Nightblade’s line of wps would be your monk class :+1:

1 Like

It’s on my brain now. How far did you manage to get with an unarmed build and would you mind sharing the grimtools? That sounds like a fun challenge.

1 Like

I am under the impression that using an illusion for the weapon doesn’t affect the animations. Game only seems to allow illusions of the same weapon class

That’s a valid point and I could see that working for one handed melee and that would be it without altering anything. Two handed melee would look a little funky without changing any animations.

It was one of the most fun experiences i ever had in this game. Unfortunately, i didnt get far without at least needing to rely on a shield, which didnt feel too out of character for a Monk build since shields were a lot more defense based at the time i created this build (prior to AoM release). His name is Might Guy, modeled after the character from Naruto. Cadence Battlemage.

I posted the up to date version in another thread a while ago- he has changed a great deal since his inception. FG was a game changer since lots of the the mobility skills can be used without melee weapons, and enabled him to reach level 79. Not sure how to copy the link into this post but let me see if i can figure it out.

Post with might guy grimtools link

The link doesnt appear to be working, ill have to make it again i guess. Will do later when i get home from work.

I was able to view it on mobile except the devotions. I’m interested in trying this out though for sure. Thanks for linking your build.

If someone was able to beat the game without ever picking a class surely it must be possible without using a weapon.

Continuing the discussion from Dream Illusions:

Where theres a will, theres a way. One of the greatest strengths of this game.

I cant recall all of them from memory but I think its Tortoise, Crab, Dryad, Ghoul, Messenger of War, Vire, the Stone Matron, Ulzaad.

His playstyle is very unique and follows true to the Anime, with his only real weapon being his hand to hand combat. As he takes damage, many of the abilities that make up his “8 inner gates” configuration with trigger and “open the gates” (buff the hell out of him). The elements of this configuration are as follows;

Might Guy’s 8 Inner Gates Configuration;

TRIGGERED DEVOTION ABILITIES;
Turtle Shell (Tortoise): Survivability
-Bound to Field Command
Arcane Barrier (Crab): Survivability
-Bound to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
Ghoulish Hunger (Ghoul): Survivability and attack speed boost
-Bound to Overguard
Messenger of War (Messenger of War): Movement speed and some retaliation
-Bound to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection
Fist of Vire (Vire, the Stone Matron): Nice attack
-Bound to Presence of Might
Ulzaad’s Decree (Ulzaad, Herald of Korvaak): damage boost
-Bound to Markovian’s Advantage

TRIGGERED CLASS SKILLS;
Arcane Will (Arcanist passive): Damage boost
Fighting Spirit (Soldier passive): Damage boost
Will of Menhir (Soldier passive): Survivability

TOGGLED CLASS SKILLS;
Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange (Arcanist): Added power and Energy Regen
Maiven’s Sphere of Protection (Arcanist): Survivability
Field Command (Soldier): Survivability and OA

TOGGLED ITEM SKILLS;
Presence of Might (Rare Craftable Component): Survivability

ACTIVATED CLASS SKILLS;
Mirror of Ereocretes (Arcanist): Temporary Invupnerability at the height of the 8 inner gates. This essentially represents the final gate, because once it wears off you need to run away and recover while the cooldowns roll out.
Overguard (Soldier): Survivability

ACTIVATED ITEM SKILLS;
Mana Infusion (Sacred Talisman Relic): Primary damage magnifier.

CONSUMABLES;
Aether Cluster: Used for temporary damage reduction while damage boosts are active