Dropped game cuz of savior`s merit

Hello. I want to play with different builds, test various strategies. I quickly realised, that most experiments must be done on ultimate, with free devotion and skill points. I created character, quickly finished normal difficulty then jumped to elite, bought Savior Merit.
Then created new character with intention to make another build which I will try during ultimate, and GUESS WHAT, after I used Savior Merit I got NO devotions points, NO skill points, so all my time was wasted, all my ideas get screwed.
I dont want to grind levels, or hop from altar to altar on different difficulties, I finished game once and I dont want to waste time on leveling again, so whats the point in that item? Just to get bags?

Huuuuge dissapointment. And there is no GD defiler, no working trainers, no way to give my character 55 devotion points. I can live with leveling from 1 to 100 on ultimate, but I want all 55 devotion points from the start, what da heck devs? Uninstalled until new dlc, im done with it.

try gd stash, should help your desire

feel like you missed the entire point of what Merit is for and what devs “suggest” to do if all you care about is end build test
as gregory said →

^this is what you want and what’s “intended” for the things you wish, (cheat engine works too i’m told btw), or use the save editor to create builds direct from Grimtools links

devs want you to play the game, and Merits is intended as QoL skip help, not to bring you from 0-100 with everything “cleared”/all skill points and devos, Merit does exactly what it’s supposed to do, and give alt chars a bit of boost potential.

if you somehow magically expected merits to serve another or different purpose then that’s on you/you misunderstood something somehow

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you bought the Merit Token in Elite you got a Champion’s one, not a Savior’s. Champion will allow a character to skip up to Elite.

Merit Tokens grant you the skill/attribute points you get from completing some quests on lower difficulties in the game which have those as part of their rewards; they don’t give you all the skill/attribute points you could get from all quests on lower difficulties. You can see what quests give these here:

Skipping up to Elite you would have gotten 2 skill and 2 attribute points from the Normal quests.

Merit Tokens DO NOT give any devotion points; you still need to get these from cleansing shrines in the game though with the riftgates all open on Normal you can jump around the world and cleanse those that are near to riftgates quite easily and then go back into Elite to finish off any remaining ones you need.

As said if you want to give yourself all the skill, atttribute and devotion points possible then use GDStash to do so. There is also a blank L100 character you can download here to use if you want.

I don’t know what it includes in it, but you could play around with it in GDStash to make it how you want it to be then save it and you have a blank character ready for as much testing as you want to do.

I can’t see how waiting for the next expansion would change anything since the way Merit Tokens work will be exactly the same. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time” ©

Apparently, you’re not enjoying the time you’re spending on the game. You should probably go play one of them idle mobile games or something.

thank you guys for help. GD Savefile editor helps a lot. I just have no desire to jump to lower difficulties searching for 55 altars you know, thats why I created this topic.

just in case you weren’t aware, it really doesn’t take long to manually devo jump to get all 55 shrines once you’ve used a merit to unlock teleports
i know it’s not as fast as GDstash/save editor if the goal is purely theorycraft or end testing, but it takes like, idono, 10mins? or something in terms of making a “legit” char vanilla (devo points wise, wont solve the XY time necessary to level for all 200 skill points ofc)

an hour minimum

Does somebody know what command adds devotion points in gd savefile editor?

https://odie.github.io/gd-edit-docs/commands/#command-respec