Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

Cheers, ill try the new devo setup…
Still farming all gear… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hihi :slight_smile: Been a while since I’ve been here, figured I would give your lazy retal a shot since I’m still on the hunt for the easiest/laziest builds to play. Your pet builds helped a lot with my borked hands but super tanky sounds even better >> don’t even have to rely on pets.

Is there any chance I could beg for your constellation order? I’m terrible at figuring those out. Also, were you able to do crate or is that pretty hard for this build? I’ve literally never done any of the super-content (or whatever it’s called) since even for lazy builds they tend to be kinda hard…figured I would ask.

Thanks for making lazy builds, they super help out for us poor handicapped gamers <3

1 Like

Welcome back :wave:

Constellations:

Purple > Anvil > Remove Purple
Red > Ghoul > Remove Red
Yellow > Stag
Eel > Hound > Crane
ShieldMaiden > Scales
Targo > Boar
Remove Crane > Obelisk > 1 point in Scythe (or wherever you want :yum:)

Crate was attempted a few times, but I have never been able to kill him. Mostly because the build’s super defensive nature and focusing more on Retal damage rather than “Retal added to Attack” makes the fight a bit too hard as the boss rarely attacks directly and heals a ton while summoning an undending amount of Crate pets which will eventually overwhelm your defenses.

I would still recommend Pets for Superbosses in general, mostly because even on a defensive setup, they still offer a good amount of DPS.

And glad to hear that my laziness is being of use image

1 Like

HI, I’m currently following this build and It’s amazing. I’m a little bit concern about which faction should I choose. Can I give me a recommandation?

1 Like

It does not matter. None of the final gear is from the Order of Death’s Vigil or Kymon’s Chosen. I went with Kymon’s Chosen as it is more customary for melee builds.

1 Like

I thought so too, thanks a lot for clarifying the information. <3

1 Like

Actually… the Augment Demonsbane Powder is from Kymon’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, on that note, need to side with Barrowholm for Ravager’s Eye augment.

1 Like

Haha, sorry for not noticing that detail… I just bought the game and someone recommend this build for me. I’m really enjoy grinding through things.

1 Like

Sorry for the misinformation BenVouir and thanks for the correction Maya. I play 5 characters and this is the only one which uses an augment from the Order or Kymon’s.

1 Like

i find in general it’s good to side with Kymon faction at some point in character’s playthrough, because unlike Vigil they actually have some potentially fairly useful and unique armour resist augments that might come in handy later - get revered and buy a stockpile of their augments “just in case” for a rainy day later, (regardless if going hostile/switching to Vigil later)
chaos/vit aug is the only of its kind and more than once have i ended up using the 18 fire augment even the 18 lightning aug ended up necessary once or twice
but i’ve never been in the same augment situation with Vigil - even tho i make sure to side with them on Ultimate just to get everything :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s ok. Still appreciate your help, I’ve found this community is one of the reasons why I want to stuck in this game.

1 Like

The GT link with Okaloth’s in the 1st post has no points in Smite. Is this just an oversight? I would think that the bonuses to Smite from Okaloth’s Visage would be one of the main reasons to use that helm.

1 Like

Hm… most probably was an oversight unless it was a recent change. I don’t really remember since the last time I bothered with Retal was many moons ago, before all the nerfs and struff.

But, thank you for mentioning it. Updating the GT link :blush:

EDIT:

Yup, the 22% Ret to atk was a recent change (though I probably did miss the 15% that was there before):
Okaloth's Visage - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (patch 1.1.9.0 to be exact)

I should read patch notes on non pet stuff more instead of just beating up Callagadra :sweat_smile:

Thanks Maya. I thought this was the case but sometimes asking these questions reveals a severe lack of understanding of game mechanics on my part. :grinning:

1 Like

Questions are always good for they let me use this in my replies more than half the time:

1 Like

probably worth to note, that even without the RATA mod from Okaloth, 1pt’ish smite is still good, since it still gives you aoe RATA via being an arc attack and combined with the “default” rata we get on Retribution

1 Like

Case in point, I did not know this. So, ty :+1:

1 Like

FANTASTIC BUILD ! killed callagdra ( no potions as u said ) and doing ravager runs atm ! you rock fwuffy . Btw callgadra helm amped my retal a lot !

laugh in his face :slight_smile: