Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

Tank is avilabled ) in the 1.1.8.0 made nice.

1 Like

Of all the things, this makes a comeback in 1.1.9.0ā€¦

Cally kill is 1 min slower, but everything else remains the same. No changes to the build :3

2 Likes

:thinking: looks like retal needs more petsā€¦ retaliation pets ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A small change to the build. Just a bit of change to devotions. Gave up Jackal to get full Ghoul along with its proc. Not sure why I didnā€™t go for it beforeā€¦ Actually I think I had it on at some point but then decided to swap it outā€¦ not sure why eitherā€¦ When it comes to non pet builds I donā€™t really remember such stuff.

But upside is that build is even tankier while downside is that the little bit of lost attack speed reduces kill speeds by a tiny amount. All in all, better than before.

This is great to hear, especially on hopefully the last patch. Iā€™ve never tried a retaliation build but will try this soon. I always loved getting to level 40 with other characters, equipping a few items from the Perdition set, and wondering why enemies got launched into the air. Thanks for keeping up with this Maya.

1 Like

Heya @Maya
This is my favvo farmer, is this the current build?
No offence, but Iā€™m to lazy/stupid to follow and understand all the Patchchangesā€¦

Ill sweeten this question with a birdsongā€¦ Ohā€¦ :astonished:

1 Like

It struck me that it might be good to subject a link to where Iā€™m at so farā€¦
So her goes:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn8z0GV

Looks like lot of fun proccing assassins mark with that OA :slight_smile: You could probably just get Ulzaad instead for its retaliation damage and armor proc.

Sounds like I missed something importantā€¦ (againā€¦) sighā€¦

Or get boar for the trample proc (no idea if possible, but anything else than assassin mark will be better because it will be used)

1 Like

This is just like me and carsā€¦ I just donā€™t get itā€¦ This is one of the few areas ill admit Iā€™m stupidā€¦
Despite starting my gaming-life in the -70:sā€¦
To many parameters and counterparameters and gear that shift everything to ā€œsomething completely differentā€ (Monthy Phytonā€¦)ā€¦
I guess the truth here is, Iā€™m getting old, but havenā€™t really submitted to the factā€¦
ā€¦
But still I have so much fun in GD! So I just go out do some mayhem and feel goodā€¦
And thatā€™s all I care about nowā€¦ Feel good and do goodā€¦

Iā€™m old and stoopid in many areas. This is one of the builds I started before the last patch. I havenā€™t played since, but keep checking back to see if some new awesome build has been created and Crate has sworn a blood oath to never balance the game again. Games have rules and if the rules keep changing, you donā€™t really have a game. Build crafters can go to you know where. This is an ARPG. I must have wasted over $50 on this game and only gotten about 15,000 hours worth of enjoyment out of it, across all platforms. The enjoyment came from believing that Iā€™ll have awesome characters after the rule changes were done. I wonā€™t be touching this game again until it is orphaned.

1 Like

Yeah no other ARPG have had patches with balance changes :slight_smile:

Yes, any decent game has had changes, but not many to this extent. It was my fault for not expecting a significant balance patch after 1.1.9.0. Iā€™ll wait until I think they are done as there are other games to play. I love Grim Dawn but it can wait for awhile instead of the uncertainty of moving forward with a character. I hate to go to Grim Tools after every patch. Iā€™d just rather play the game.

3 Likes

I just play new chars basically, and try to ā€œsaveā€ some of the ones that was not too affected by patch :slight_smile: I do not have any char that I have played much with, never get too attached to them

1 Like

Thatā€™s me, a ton of altā€™s, a zillion of new ideasā€¦ I am a creative genious on new ideas, butā€¦ I have never finished one. . Long before Iā€™m off to a new ā€œgood and amazing ideaā€¦ā€
The privelge of getting old is that you can start understand who you really areā€¦ But that is only for us few that have an interest in those thingsā€¦

ā€œNosce te ipsumā€

Finally grasped that Ill have a hard time getting Assassins mark to proc due to low Offensive ability and itā€™s proc on critā€¦ A bit daft sometimesā€¦

Ill try to squeeze in Boar insteadā€¦ And see if it makes a differenceā€¦ 33% chance on my 62% blockā€¦
Im not going to do the maths on thatā€¦
Thanks!

As I said no idea if you can get trample instead of assassins blade. But basically anything will be better than assassina blade unless you get like 2.9k oa

Build in the OP is the current build (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m2399AjZ). If you want, you can download the .zip file and copy paste it to your saved games folder to try it out :+1:

and yes, assassinā€™s blade needs more OA. I had it a long time ago, but changed devo setup entirely.

3 Likes