Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

Build performance is the same, so faceroll away :rofl:

1 Like

Hi!
Iā€™m currently building this retaliation build trying to follow ur build, but how did u start it?

And how did u get these items? Iā€™m finding pretty hard to get items and blueprints since i only play in Veteran Hardcore mode.
Any advices?

Thanks

1 Like

First of all welcome to the forums.

You can follow Malawiglennā€™s build while leveling: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYdijhrH_1F85nEa_2ZW98UNrOK-hfie/view?usp=drive_open

As for items, it is just random drops mostly :frowning:

Thanks Sir/Miss.

I have almost 300 hours but just now found this Forum :frowning:
Guess iā€™m just unlucky then, cuz my friends all drop a lot of BPs, but not me!

Thank you again, gonna try to follow Malawiglennā€™s build.

1 Like

I would follow my forcewave warlord guide instead, its much faster than spin2win

or that yes :stuck_out_tongue:

Link it so that I can add it to the OP :yum:

1 Like

hi guys im not great with computers. what do i do with the save file? extract it all into my grim dawn files?

First find out the folder containing your character saves. Then copy/paste the save folder in there along with the folders for the rest of your chars.

If using steam, I have no idea how Cloud Saving will interact with this, but Iā€™d recommend turning it off, just in case.

1 Like

Hey, Maya. Just a quick shout out to you to say thanks for all your guides in the past. I have done several of the pet builds from you. Top notch stuff. My best friend and I are soon going to be doing this Retaliation Warlord build - both of us doing the same build. I do not see any real problem except for maybe both of us having War Cry? Would you recommend maybe one of us picking up something else instead, or just maybe more points in existing skills for more damage?

1 Like

Ty for the kind words and glad to be of help.

As for retaliation warlords, I fear I may not be the best person to answer that since it has been a few patches since I played one. The constant nerfs to retaliation left a not so pleasant taste for me. Those are still strong though. But I decided to just stick with pets instead, so havenā€™t caught up with all the changes to retal based stuff.

On the topic of this particular build, it should still be strong enough, but I am not sure I would recommend it for multiplayer. It is based on the concept of maximum laziness and so gives up many things offensively to achieve that. I would instead recommend posting a new thread and asking the community for help regarding whether they can come up with a build that will suit your needs.

So how much DA is needed for campaign?
Is 3000 still the magic number not to get crit?
Mobs still need to hit you?

Mobs will always hit you since you canā€™t reduce the chance to hit below 60%. No idea on how much you need for story since I never did it on this char :yum:

Maya, love your builds. I donā€™t know if you still play but I appreciate your Carnival document and it really helped me get into GD. I have been playing for about a month and really enjoying it. Regarding retaliation and devotions, I canā€™t quite figure out what your ā€œlatestā€ one is? There is the one posted in the original post, but I wasnā€™t sure if you update that post or not. That one is https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GL8B5V . That one has full scales and partial ghoul. Then there is the one posted 1 jun '19 you marked Fwuffy Cally https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRQpr9V which has lion, no scales, 2 scythe and full ghoul.

Since our OA is low, is the health-on-attack of ghoul as good as the health-on-being-hit of scales? How important, in general, do you find Ghoul for survival of the celestials?

Thanks!

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the forums and thank you for your kind words. I still play, but mostly limit myself to meme builds (pet based) atm and I am kind of waiting until a major patch to see if there are any I would like to post here :blush:

The one with full Ghoul is an older version that I no longer use and is kept there more as a reference. Scales proved to be much better for our current setup, since as you noted, OA is low. I also changed helm and relic for maximum laziness :yum:

is there any guide for this build? im starting and i want a lazy build but meele xD

i donā€™t know which skill should i start or what. is this build good with aoe or just single target?

1 Like

There was Malawiglennā€™s Guide, but then he deleted it. And my expertise is primarily with pet builds with this made out of pure curiosity, so I canā€™t really help here.

You can however follow any Warlord based guide (forcewave/EoR/etc) and then respec to this if you want to. However, Iā€™d recommend downloading the save file given in the original post and then copy pasting where your GD saves are located (might need to make sure Steam cloud saving is off first) to simply try out the full build :slight_smile:

Thanks for the build :smiley:

Iā€™ve been playing a build loosely based on this. A bit more active as it doesnā€™t have to be fully lazy (just controller viable), and also with some adaptations as itā€™s my second high lever char and I donā€™t have most of the gear you use. So Iā€™m probably much weaker than the full build, but still having a blast so far. Level 89 and near Fort Ikon on Ultimate HC.

Btw, I just leveled with retaliation as damage all the way through. Donā€™t think Iā€™d recommend doing so in general, it was certainly not a speedrun leveling process. Itā€™s doable though.

One question: is the Reckoning Relic worth considering? I feel like Iā€™m tanky enough already for the content Iā€™ve been doing (3k DA, 21k Health), so was thinking of getting that relic for a bit more damage. Or is the defense of Citadel just too good to pass on? Iā€™m not really sure how much harder things get from here on, but so far the only thing that has put me in danger was ā€œZaria, The Carverā€, who nearly killed me a bunch of times (but as I learned afterwards, that was mostly because of his chaos RR, as Iā€™m barely res capped).

1 Like

Good to hear that the build was helpful :blush:

Citadel was mostly for Facetanking Callagadra. You should do fine with Reckoning instead. Infact in practice, there shouldnā€™t be much of a difference to the defensive capabilities while the extra RR, especially with the changes 1.1.8.0 brought, should prove rather Valuable.

1 Like

Alright then, Iā€™ll go with Reckoning. Thanks again :smiley:

EDIT: Got my Reckoning relic and managed to hit level 100. Things are going quite well so far, though I have like half the retaliation damage of the original build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dzKG0Z

1 Like