Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

Ok… I don’t understand non-pet builds…

We lost like 200+ OA (almost 400 with all buffs up), but Cally kill time remains unaffected. I don’t care about Crucible and SR times don’t matter. So build updated to even more defensive version.

Also took out Ghoul Proc. Rip, you will be missed.

A new fwuffy retal warlord build! respecs and follows da fwuffy I like this new build much better, you got Jackal, full Ulcaman Scales. The three dangling points in Ghoul seem debatable, but for 3 points…I don’t see what the vastly superior option would be, so why bother? if the health+health leech isn’t the best possible option its close enough.

Yeah I like this tweak a lot! adds more MS, completes a constellation with what’s basically a retaliation ability despite not having the word “retaliation” in the ability itself, lol :smiley:

Also, I have a good tip! if you zoom in, your guy moves a lot faster! its totally not an optical illusion! I am 99% sure it doesn’t actually make you move faster, but i swear its almost impossible for me to tell that I’m not.

1 Like

Other options for devotions are

• Completing Ghoul and taking out Jackal, which will leave you with 1 spare spoint.
  • 3 pts in Toad instead of Ghoul for extra Vit res overcap.
  • 3 pts in Lotus instead of Ghoul, Change Seal of Might to another Seal of Skies, change Mankind’s Vigil to another Demonbane Powder.

All of that seems pretty same, like Ulcama looks as good if not better! What I’m wondering about now is the points into Warcry’s flat RR. If you take those out and put them into Shattering Smash, you get the same amount of flat RR, and apparently flat RR doesn’t stack? So, the damage doubles on Smash, and it leaves you with 3 extra points, you can drop two into Celestial Presence to have 2 more RR total, and an extra point for whatever, I personally put it in Counterstrike, but its not my build so I can’t say if that’s the best place.

I’m also unsure if this is a good move, just because the Smash route has 2 more RR+more proc damage from Smash itself, it doesn’t make it an AOE on demand application of 30 phys. RR. Smash also doesn’t “disrupt enemy skills”. I don’t know what that is, but Break Morale apparently does that too.

I did think of taking out Warcry, but Ulcama is Single target & S.Smash is in a straight line. Both are also procs, so you don’t have direct control over them. That makes Warcy better for RR.

Disrupt skills is mostly good for the trash mobs that heal. It stops them from doing so, like a Silence. Helps out a bit, but since bosses are immune to the mechanic, not that good.

1 Like

You are right, I agree that Warcry is a superior platform for RR so its worth the investment. Another thing I wanted to run by you, in regards to OA, you said that with -200 less OA, that superboss out in the desert, Calladrga or whatever, the cleartime remains the same. I think maybe I have an idea about that? I could just be lacking in understanding.

See, for most builds, they have crit damage bonuses, and large base damage hits or large continuous dots. The critical multiplier has some meat to work with, so crits mean a lot. This is a retaliation build, though. I’m not sure if OA even applies to retaliation damage since you’re not attacking the enemy, its the enemy hitting themselves. Therefore, I think It could be possible that more flat retribution damage is better than OA for this build? I don’t have any data to support this, it just seems logical.

Well, there is a bit more to it…

See, we had crap OA to begin with. All it did was increase the hit chance to a bit more, like 5% more on Cally. And since you can’t go below 60% hit chance and most of the dmg as you noted comes from retaliation, the lack of OA doesn’t really have that much of a negative impact.

1 Like

I love this in-depth information, it is excellent! For all of my other builds I would stress about the lack of OA and making sure I have enough DA/health/resistances/safety nets so my head doesn’t get chopped off. It’s a great build you made! :smiley:

1 Like

I actviate passives on skill bar 2, then switch over to skill bar 1 for actives and rest of the run. Only time I switch back is if I get hit by grava or an arcane elite debuff.

Happy New Year to everybody in this forum! I would like to thank you for that awesome build! It might seem a bit passive but i’m having a lot of fun! I would like to ask a question, have you tried the Messenger of War constellation instead of jackal+ghoul or do you think that life leech is more important ?

1 Like

Glad to hear that you like it :smile:

Life leech helps us face tank Callagadra. If you are not interested in that, you can skip out on Ghoul/Jackal.

Also, welcome to the forum and happy new year! :blush:

1 Like

How difficult is gearing this toon? I have a ton of gear in the vault, but not a lot of the newer gear, mainly older.

Not any harder or easier than other endgame builds :stuck_out_tongue:

I figured.

I know some of your other builds have a starter set designed around faction or crafted gear for those who don’t have the elite gear and was hoping maybe something was planned for this =).

Not by me, but Malawiglenn has one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYdijhrH_1F85nEa_2ZW98UNrOK-hfie/view?usp=drive_open

It does use a different setup that you will have to change to Retaliation once you get the items.

1 Like

Btw, build can still facetank Cally :sunglasses:

there is one thing i dont understand. Why not take assassins blade?

Low OA for critting on stuff like superbosses

1 Like

Except for “Anasteria-Valdaran-Benn-Karroz” combination on Shard 75 :disappointed:. Anyway, amazing build ideas (especially Scales constellation, solves energy regen problems completely) and surprisingly decent damage for a retaliation one :+1:. This build helped me much in creating my own, thank you!

1 Like

How’s this build performing on current patch? I know the topic’s been active recently, but figured I’d ask if anyone has adjusted anything.

Looking for a tank I can faceroll celestials or stand around nonchalantly while playing with friends that just want to run glass cannon in SR, and Maya is my hero for perfectly lazy/fewest button pushing builds :smiley:

2 Likes