Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

@Maya even if it takes forever? No one will win between fwuffy and crate?

Problem is it does take forever, Crate heals back the dmg you do to full HP.

Ohw, I get it. So he does have insane heal. Okay then. Time to make fluffy squishy. XD

1 Like

Btw, you want the lazy version (green/greenless doesn’t matter) if you want an easier time vs Crate.

1 Like

Warlord … I’ve played a long time with an EoR version … heavy dps, but it was finally not so tanky. I’ve heard that Retaliation is dead, but what if it is not so bad. What about this Drunken Retaliation Warlord build ?
Yersterday, thanks to Ysengard, i have put my interest on this Drunken Fwuffy … Checked what i have in store … okay let’s go for another build change (at first was a markovian’s friend, after a Beronath Reforged spinner… not so good, and always the same thing) …

Euh … Wait … !?!
This build is fu…g viable and very efficient !!!
At first, Callagadra gave me its Visage. Second step, meet Ravager at Barrowholm for a tea party … It was a joke, And so on for all the other Nemesis.

// Bulwerk Grimtool link //
(something seems to be bad in GTool, my Armor Rating is 5070)
Truely, it’s a lazy build to play … it’s not what i prefer, but so efficient ! Thanks Maya ! I’m testing with Aegis of Menhir, but i’m convinced that Judgement + Heart of Wrath is better to add something to do :slight_smile:
Because i haven’t got Zohlan’s Revenge and M. Dawnshard Pauldrons, i’ve decided to try 3 pieces of the Sentinel of the Three set. It’s still greatly working, however it’s not designed for Warlord. I have an Honour Relic. I Must test with Absolution !
Great build, a truely good farmer for endgame. Thanks Maya ! (i’m gonna thank you again when i finish the progression of my Pet Ritualist !)

PS : by the way i’m searching for a player who can craft for me M. Zohlan’s Revenge shield ! :slight_smile: … Want to test it with M. Dread Armor of Azragor, and why not with M. Dawnshard Pauldrons if get one.

2 Likes

Glad I could be of help :yum:

1 Like

@Kolonel XD

Ravager was a joke. :laughing:

That’s the version we’ve been using in HC for high SR. It works. Not the fastest killer but very reliable.

1 Like

Hi Maya,

since Break Morale and Shattering Smash both offer non-stacking flat phys RR, did you choose Break Morale only for the skill disruption? It this worth 11 skill points?

Also, did you try Okaloth’s Visage instead of Callagadra’s Visage? Without trying, this seems to be an obvious choice due to the RATA to Righteous Fever, even though it does not offer +1 to Soldier.

Break Morale is an active skill that hits in a good AoE while Shattering Smash is a Proc that hits infront of you. Also 8% less RR.

That is the reason why I have Break Morale.

As for Okaloth’s Visage, it should work as well. You will need to shift some stuff to Cap Resistances, but other than that, points can be taken from Counter Strike to fill in the Soldier side.

Alright, tested out with Okaloth. It took 1 more min to kill Cally. But given that it is easier to get Oky’s helm than Cally’s, added an extra GT link.

Actually, after a bit more testing, I don’t see much of a difference in SR/Crucible.
So given that killng Okaloth is a much easier task compared to taking out Callagadra, we are officially changing the helm.

The Cally build does seem to perform better (or atleast faster), though not by much. So, I am going to leave it in the second post of the thread just incase.

Thank you for testing. The result is interesting as I would have expected Okaloth’s Visage to deal more damage.

I will try out Break Morale myself. Everything AoE related seems like convenience to me, which might be replaced in favor of something worth more against single targets. But that is probably my personal preference.

If I may, in this context I have a question regarding game mechanics.

(i) I assume Break Morale’s skill disruption ‘silences’ enemies (i.e. not only the current animation is disrupted but since there is a duration of 6 seconds, enemy will not be able to do anything but to dish out there default attack). Right?

(ii) However, since there is a ‘Disruption Resist’, I guess this is not useful against bosses. But there is no resistance against things like -% damage and -% attack speed, right? I assume CC-resist only affects movement speed, not attack speed. Correct?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

i) I haven’t been able to test that since as you said, bosses are unaffected. They still cast their stuff like normally.

ii) Afaik, that is how it should work, yes.

Thank you Maya

1 Like

Hello Maya,

Since i’ve transformed my warlord with your build, i made many tests and experiments (i’m out of iron :smiley: ) … cannot play anything else for 3 days.
I have found a player to craft Mythical Zolhan’s Revenge and test it … I went to my new test doomy … Ravager … and what i said is that i strongly prefer the combination with the 3 pieces of the Sentinel of the Three. Not even a Tonic of Mending used, while with Zolhan’s Revenge and Azragor, i have used a few. Not very much, it stays safe anyway.
In Sr 60-70, it was the same feeling that it is safer, and faster to kill waves and bosses with an hybrid combination of the 2 Stoneguard and Sentinel of the Three sets.
Because of the resist setup of the Sentinel of the Three items, i have been able to put 2 seal of blades augments, greater ADCtH and not a big loss of life. By the Way, i gain a Prismatic Diamond on Helm ; finally after testing, i prefer M. Colossal Grasp for the passive bonus and the skills than M. Blacksteel Gauntlets, though they are very good. Add the Legendary Rune of Dreeg’s Wound in place of Fallen Kings in the medal … my preference.
Tested Honor and Absolution … i prefer Honor but both of the relics works great.
I’ve taken Judgement for Heart of Wrath ; a nearly permanent add-damage. 1 point also invested in Ascension and Clarity of Purpose for an each 24s’ OA / Damage / Defensive boost.
For the Devotion path, as far as i have enough Vitality Resist and +5100 Armor, i have given up the one point in Typhos and Toad. Put one more point in Ulo for the petrify and freeze resist, and one point in the messenger of war to get +30% to all Retaliation Damages.
Here is my GT link for the build.
// GT Link for Bulwerk, Retal Warlord //
(as always, some value are not good, armor rating is 5162 with only Permanent buffs and all Resist are capped). I think Defensive stats are better than Zolhan’s Revenge option. There are surely things to be discussed with the skill’s choices, the non stacking RR skills. I wish i could have soft capped Break Moral and Safeguard … but we always have to make choices :wink:

After reading the last replies, I’ve also tried Okaloth’s Visage. I feel that Callagadra’s one is by far better because of the Resist, with its +1 all skills, and its +16% chance of +946% of all Retal damages. And … as far as the Callagadra’s Visage drops in Elite, it is not so hard to farm !

So why not a Sentinel for this build after all ? There are very good reasons to stay Warlord even with Acid Retal : especially with Menhir’s Bulwark and Counter Strike. And finally, my Physical Retaliation is not far from yours. Yes, i’ve lost the bonus of Zolhan’s Revenge … but Menhirs Will proceed so rarely with this build that i’m not so sad ! :slight_smile:

I will not pretend at all that it’s BiS … it is just my preference ; and it’s working greatly too !
Anyway, one more time, what a great build, that allows everyone to bring his preference but stays highly performant and safe. Thanks Maya.

2 Likes

oh my ! :heart_eyes:
what is that pumped dw slicing beastie (#nota)pet you’ve got there, and how/where do i get my hands on it?? :star_struck:

The main reason for going full physical was that it was made in a time when Warlords were at their prime. I was doing 3 min Callagadra kills without potions at the time. Over the patches, not much changed from the core concept. I just kept making it lazier and lazier, that is all.

Btw, have you fought Callagadra with that build yet? I am curious as to how long it takes. The Crate of Entertainment fight too, for that matter. I couldn’t kill Crate with my build, so definitely interested in that.

Also, glad to hear that it helped you come up with your own build. As a build maker, it is always a pleasure to welcome more people to the dar… I mean, Lazy side :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

dw? that is an S&B setup :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the pets, the big guys are from Guardian of Empyrion Oathkeeper skill, while the little ones are cosmetic pets that are random drops.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13732 provides the mini Dinosaur.

The other little guy is from an Shattered Realm only, random drop called the Void Orb. The wiki says it drops from Gazer Prime, the giant Gazer boss from the gazer level in SR, but I can neither confirm nor deny that since I never had it drop for me and GDStashed it instead.

1 Like

oh my, yaiks, took me a tearful amount of runs just to get the Celestial Orb to drop, and with gazer prime being a random event on top, and then not guaranteed to drop it (happen to have killed him couple of times recently with no drop at least), means i’d probably be making teary oceans to get it legit o.0
but so far the Void Orb pet does seem to be the cutest, thoose beefy arms with slicers make it one fierce looking lil beastie :blush:

cheers for the info maya :+1:

1 Like

I can confirm that it drops it :slight_smile:

1 Like