Drunken soldier going berserk and slaughtering 20+ citizens

I just had one of my heavy infantry soldiers go on a drunk rampage and randomly slaughtering more than 20 citizens in my settlement, with nobody being able to stop him.

Is that a bug or a feature?

Atm it’s a feature. :smile: Been complained about a lot so may get changed in future.

I don’t build a pub, ever. The beer is too valuable as a profit making venture.

Yeah you better change that with the next update! Or at least implement a town guard which takes care of such problems so they don’t get out of hand.
My suggestion would be, that the rampaging offender never actually kills, but only severely hurts its victims so they face some time out in the hospital.

Also the rate at which citizens get drunk and fall down could be toned down a little. Or at least limit that to their leisure time after work. Even though i am well aware that in medieval times, people and even children often began their day with a breakfast beer and didn’t really stop drinking alcoholic beverages until bed time. Wonder they got anything done at all! But maybe that’s why it was called the “dark ages”, because people constantly got blackout drunk or knocked each other unconscious in drunken brawls? :thinking:

Well, the happiness bonus they give is nice.
Also i usually have so many other much more valuable commodities for trade that beer rarely gets sold.

I literally don’t ever make breweries or pubs because of this

Right, so only water, milk and fruit juice for my townsfolk from now on then.

1 Like

Well, if you don’t use beer / pubs, your growth will stagnate.

I am guessing that there might be a game dynamic that libraries compensate pups somehow.

I had really bad brawls like this. So I took a guess and just built the same amount of libraries to pups, close proximity to each other, enough books (ratio two libraries, 1 book maker) and it seems to work (year 136, maybe 1 casualty due to fighting per year).

Might be coincidence, might be a solution.

Just an idea. Don’t go all pub-brawl on me and rip me a new one :wink:

im at almost 1500 citizens so…

Usually, the town guard and a jail cell/pillory would be the appropriate counter to drunken hooligans making trouble in the streets. Dunno how books could counter alcoholism, but that mechanic needs a change asap.
I’d understand if revelers get a bit rowdy after a few pints during festivities, but we don’t have any festivities in the game yet. Which would be a nice thing to have tbh. Just a few holidays throughout the year, celebrated when appropriate institutions and goods have been provided, leading to temporarily reduced productivity but greatly enhanced overall happiness.