Dual wield: Strange effect

Hi there,

I am a newbie to this great game and have a question which i didnt manage to answer it myself:

Maybe it is better explained with pictures…

In the first picture I am equipped with a single weapon which does cold damage as one can see

In the second picture there are the stats of this weapon and the stats of another weapon (has NO cold damage) which I am going to equip in the third picture

In the third picture one can see that by carrying both weapons at the same time, my cold damage has changed although the added weapon didnt have any cold damage.

Sorry for the large image. As a new member I can only post one image per post.

What is happening here? Can somebody please explain it to me (in words and formula maybe)?

That would be great!

You have Chilled Steel on the Fleshwarped weapon, that converts 10% physical to cold. So the more physical you have, the more it gets converted to cold.

But this 10% physical-to-cold conversion of Chilled Steel is only applied to the physical damage that comes from the mace and should have nothing to do with the axe, right?

So how come that if I equip the axe (which have no cold damage at all) as a second weapon I get additional cold damage?

EDIT: Or are these x% physical-to-someElemental conversion extras applied to your overall physical damage? I thought they convert x% of the physical damage only from the specific weapon.

Chilled Steel’s conversion is global, it will affect every source of physical damage.

Ok I edited too slow :slight_smile:
Ah okay thanks, tomorrow I will get rid of Chilled Steel and hope that by equipping the axe as a second weapon I will get no cold damage in addition.

But what about conversions that happen to be “normally” on weapons (not with the help of e.g. Chilled Steel)? Do they also apply globaly?

Yes, they do.