DW Acid/Poison Blademaster needs polishing

Hey guys, I was playing around with a dual wield Poison/Acid Blademaster using 2 Mad Queen Claws. It is sort of a hybrid build between DoT and onhit damage (that’s why the cadence damage looks so low). Now with the right rolls I can achieve 100% physical to Acid/poison damage conversion (2x 18% from claws, 2x 10% from components, 34% pierce to acid from chest and 12% physical to acid from amulet). However I still have a good chunk of pierce damage and I don´t know why or how to convert it. Lifesteal is sitting at 10% + the 2 procs from the Claws make it no issue. This build actually has some nice area damage with Dreegs Infinite Gaze (tainted eruption) and shadow strike (scorpion sting) and with the mad queen procs. Resisance reduction is also quite nice with 25 from Manticore, 30 from Medal+Relic and 30% from Night’s Chill.

Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLv0GNG

Main Char Page with toggles+PB+Deadly Momentum

DoT ticks after a full skill rotation and a few hits:

Cadence damage breakdown (without Deadly Momentum):

Now a couple of Questions:

1. Why is there still such a big chunk of pierce and can I get rid of it?

2. This build has some energy problems in longer fights, any ideas how to solve that?

3. In general any advice how to make the build stronger (I’d still like to dual wield Mad Queen Claws to keep the style)?

4. Should I even go Blademaster or would another class combination fit better?

Any input is welcome Im still learning how to do my own builds :smiley:

You seem to misunderstand about resistance reduction.
“X reduced target’s resistance” doesn’t stack.
You may read about resistance reduction from here
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=251347#post251347

To remind you further more. Pestilence of the Dreegs has rolled bonus. (State in “prefix” in grimtool)
The dream bonus is “Plague of Shattered Souls” (-15% many resistance)

1. Your bonus dmg and cadence bonus on Pierce. If you have high % Piercing dmg.
    ***IMO, It’s from “Blades of Nadaan” node which increase armor piercing by 100%
  2. Kill it before you’re out of energy. Or need to have high energy bar enough to prolong your energy equal to energy potion cooldown
  3. May be more RR and dmg conversion. About stylish and costume, the expansion solve it.
  4. Blademaster is viable, but in hard way. Witchhunter is easier to play acid&poison because many items support it.

I don’t play blademaster, but I think this thread may helps.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51604

Tho, the owner post didn’t say much about concept or advice. You may ask him later :wink:

1. Why is there still such a big chunk of pierce and can I get rid of it? - You are converting only 68% phys dmg from cadence line to acid rest or to be more specific 90% of rest phys dmg is converted to pierce. That piece dmg cant be converted to acid cuz it has been converted once (from phys to pierce), game doesn’t support double conversion.

2. This build has some energy problems in longer fights, any ideas how to solve that? - For start you should change component in amulet to focusing prism and see how it goes

3. In general any advice how to make the build stronger (I’d still like to dual wield Mad Queen Claws to keep the style)? -For start change from cadence to shard, take SS and ABB+Lethal assault.

4. Should I even go Blademaster or would another class combination fit better? - WH is much better option imho

Thanks for the Feedback! I keep forgetting that %AP already counts as a conversion step:rolleyes:
I already thought about switching to shard so I guess I will try a shard WH and see how that goes.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E53m2d

A bit less attack speed but seems overall tankier and more damage.

How the hell do you get 3600 OA?

3600 OA is trivial to stack on poison Blademaster. Just by going poison route devotions you re gona grab a lot of %OA and flat OA, add to this Olreon rage, field comand , LA and wery OA generous gear and voila, youve got 3600 OA.

Yep. :slight_smile: You could push the OA even more close to 4000, but wouldn’t make much sense.

Basically what other guys said, its by far easiest setup for pumping OA, with a bit tweaking you can reach even 5k.
Stating that I have to add that acid/poison BM due to poor resistance reduction available is noting special and falls largely behind cold and even pierce setups.

Dont you mean 4k? Best I’ve done is 3.9k :cry:

No, I mean 5k, just changing gloves, rings and medal would net you about 300 flat and 9% OA. Different boots would add 4% and 60 flat. Also you can change devotions to take chariots and on end invest some attribute points in cunning and skill points in anatomy of murder and you are on 5k.

Eh, I was happy with my highest OA character (2500 something) until I read your replies guys! :stuck_out_tongue: