[DW Aether Ranged] DW-Pistols Ranged Cadence Aether Battlemage

All physique

The Setup Before you has 10 points in spirit for testing purposes but it’s not needed

Zero cunning as we have -cunning requirements for our pistols

This might be slightly off topic, but how would you guys rate Aether dmg vs Chaos dmg vs Fire dmg? which dmg is the most efficent? to which dmg monsters have least resistance? as of 1.o.o.8?

I got the aether pistols and this legendary +2 to arcanist aether rifle so might try it one day :slight_smile:

Btw, cool idea, though for me atm a little too item dependant :frowning:

-Firstly, let me make this absolutely clear. I have no intention of updating to 1.0.0.8.
I don’t know where they got the idea that we enjoy sitting here watching them nerf stuff.
Nor am i going to be complaining for them to revert things cause i quit the game (till the expansion :p). Because clearly if you’re build poster you can pretty much fuck-yourself.
I don’t mind nerfs but 1.0.0.8 is a straight up cheap-shot in my opinion.
I don’t care if the enemy damage is reduced if my own DPS is getting hit (Haunted Steel, they change a central item in 90% builds 1 year after final release?), my circuit-breakers have been lol’nerfed (no amount of DA and lesser physical damage would help the new CB timers in Crucible). What’s worse to me is ADCtH compensation has been added to restless remains (a caster item, fuck melee, am i right?).

And spending hours trying to rework something that i worked so hard to build to near-perfection isn’t really a hobby of mine.

I don’t have any intention to post anything now or even in the expansion, this was my last build.

-As for what you asked
For me it is

Fire>Chaos>Aether

More RR, More sources of damage, better devotion support. You get the idea :smiley:

Also many argue %damage to aetherials is abundant but i find RR to be more reliable which aether lacks

-Lol,
If it makes you feel better then you can make this work w/o this setup :wink:

-You just need to get the jacket otherwise you waste points in physique.

Thanx !

Im a complete noob. Year back i played with blademaster and she still does ok at clvl 82 farming for my demo to become a pyro.

Dual guns pyro will be ok in 1oo8?or i shall reinstall?

DW-Pyro should be good. If you want to go aether then i have provided some info in the guide

P.S

1.0.0.8 might have done somethings to Blast Shield, but i feel like lower health activation is a buff. Earlier it went-off a lot

Pyro is good i recommend the class combination

Stupid question from a noob player (3 weeks lol).

I like this build. But, how do you DW? I’m level seven, got the soldier selected, but my character wants only one pistol, refuses to take the second one.

Any chance you can do this build with a riffle?

In some games I’ve played, DW pistols means they fire one, then the other. In this game, do both pistols fire at the same time?

Thanks.

You can only dual wield pistols through items. There are a handful of items you can find that allow dual wield. He is using the Gunslingers jacket

you can get a list of all the items here http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items
just do a search for:
Dual Wield Ranged

Thanks appreciate it. Guess I’ll use a riffle till then.

Can this build be done with a rifle at the higher levels?

My Chest-piece allows me to do so

I am sorry i don’t have a good Rifle to test it out. But i think VOrtex of Souls would do

I actually started a Rifle Aether Battlemage a while back that’s vaguely similar to this build. I haven’t touched it for a few weeks now, but I planned it out to use well-rolled Fleshwarped Carbines with Aether Tendril attached to them for the phys -> aether conversion while leveling.

This worked well through the end of Normal difficulty which is where the toon currently is. For endgame I was considering switching to a melee setup with Temporal Arcblade instead since I thought the lack of conversion on Vortex of Souls would have too negative of an effect on our Cadence damage.

Just my 2 iron, hope this helps!

Yeah rifles are hard to build around. Thanks for the input on rifles

I would’ve said consider going DW-Pistols for end-game but seeing you are using my second favorite weapon in the game i say go crazy… Aether Lightning :cool:

Thanks all, will give it a shot.

Sorry I keep posting here, but I don’t know where to put this, and can’t find anything on this.

In the Build Compendium, you list 3 skills/abilities as “passive,” even though they look like skills/abilities that could also be active.

How do you make skills/abilities passive. I see they all have one thing in common, and that’s the statement about “toggling.”

How do you toggle a skill, and does it have to be toggled every so often, or only once the game starts.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm, those “passives” are actually auras

Permanent auras that once toggled remain active till you either die or till the next game session

If an Aura “x” is assigned to slot 1 (you click on the slot to pick the skill you want in the slot)
Then to activate aura in slot 1 in press “1” (default key, can be changed in settings)

Thank you.

Hey PrinceXavier i actually scouted all the location you suggested and turned settings to max in those locations and tried every camera angle. The ones that were helpful have been used in recent guides

But the rest were kinda, meh. Anymore suggestions for cool looking screenshots? (I have a Cool build and the only reason I can’t post it cause i can’t find a good screenshot location)

i dont know about you but I have a fetish for hanging people… :rolleyes:

there is a cool spot in the east marsh just north of balegor the swamp king’s throne ( you can also try balegor’s throne)… the dead bodies are so close to the ground that it’s easy to capture them with your SS.

or you can visit the bonehunter kaliska at the end of east marsh where giant bones lay around! :eek:

Will try those spots, thanks again

Important update since it helps Aetherial kill speed which frankly felt a little low to me before this

This build needs more support from the game side as Pistol Aether itself is pretty underdeveloped even though i find Empowered Soulflayer to be pretty awesome pistols

-Skill distribution change
-Lost some OA but improved damage considerably by adding more RR
-Devotion binding change

What do you mean by “Aether Tendril”? Is that a skill? I cannot find it anywhere…