[DW Aether Ranged] DW-Pistols Ranged Cadence Aether Battlemage

[b]BUILD HAS BEEN ABANDONED. CHECK THE LINK BELOW IF YOU’RE STILL INTERESTED IN THE CONCEPT

[/b]

It’s common to go Fire Strike when going ranged Aether. You have nice item support there but i wanted to try my hands on how good Ranged Cadence is and i am not disappointed by the results. This build is good with burst damage thanks to Cadence.

Ranged Occultist vs. Ranged Arcanist-

LMB builds and mostly Cadence benefit greatly from attack speed and it’s obvious to pick Occultist and convert the bonus chaos damage in it to aether for an OP build.
It’s good and would definitely work. Below i present concept for Aether Ranged Occultist for those interested-

1. Pistol/Rifle Aether Pyromancer vs Sorcerer-

Had i gone Aether Ranged Pyromancer all i needed to do was convert the flat chaos damage in Brimstone using AD rings and flat fire damage using Arcane shard of Agrivix and i could’ve made a ranged aether pyromancer.

This works awesomely cause we can easily convert the major damage types (Fire and Chaos) of the Fire Strike line.

These are the same conversion tools (AD ring & Arcane Shard) that any Sorcerer would use
and hence in some ways Pyromancer is better than Sorcerer and in others inferior.

2. Pistol/Rifle Aether Witchblade vs. Battlemage-

Unlike Fire Strike where Fire and Chaos are the major damage types and Occultist had no issues converting them to aether, Cadence’s main damage type is Physical.

Physical to Aether conversion works well with Melee Witchblade because of Mindwarp’s proc giving us 100% Physical to Aether.

Ranged Witchblade is a different story as we would lack enough sources of Physical to Aether conversion to make the most of the flat physical damage on Cadence. So Witchblade lacks in this department, which is why we pick Battlemage.

So with current itemization available to us a Ranged Aether Witchblade would always be inferior to Battlemage.

Build Concept-

1. Conversion-

Physical to Aether shines when working with Cadence and hence Reckless Power is the way to go. There aren’t many sources of this and since we don’t have something as convenient as Mindwarp proc we can only achieve 55% Physical to Aether conversion with our BiS setup.
If you use different pistols then the conversion can be more but these provide attack speed.

2. Phantom Bullets-

Ranged Cadence has a chance to make bullets pass through your enemies completely and thus somewhat makes up for the lack of AoE it provides when compared with Fire Strike (especially Brimstone).

This can be used to proc things on multiple targets in a single shot.

3. Racial Damage and Resistance Reduction-

Our damage type does provide use the advantage that not many are resistant to our damage type.

Those who are can be dealt using resistance reduction and racial damage (%damage to aetherials).

We have 63% Resistance Reduction available.

Arcane Mark -33
Acid Spray 30 flat reduced resistances.
Eternal Haunt -15

This is the Level 100 version of the GrimTools link. Please refer to this from now on the rest of the guide will be updated at some later point

Battlemage - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zKObRV
DeathKnight - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQvYYV
Tactician - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mM0k02

GrimCalc-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-q6Ip4V

Keybinding-

LMB- Cadence (w/ Acid Spray)
RMB- War Cry
Keyboard 1- Aether Tendril (w/ Arcane Bomb)
Keyboard 2- Mirror of Ereoctes
Keyboard 3- Nullification

Screenshots (w/ Toggled auras only)-

Rashalga kill-

Items-

Weapons- 2x Warped Bloodsworn Repeater of Fury
Helm- Helm-Clairvoyant’s Hat
Chest- Empowered Gunslinger’s Jacket
Shoulders- Warborn Pauldrons
Legs- Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Kings
Gloves- Voidsteel Gauntlets
Feet- Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Reforged Chains of Oleron
Ring 1- Band of the Eternal Haunt
Ring 2- Albrecht’s Duality
Amulet- Empowered Essence of Beronath
Medal- Mark of Divinity
Relic- Agrivix’s Malice

-Full Warborn (minus weapon) also works but i wanted to show how well not going the complete set also works. Also, with Warborn you get more attack speed.

-There does exist a prefix/suffix that gives you more %damage to aetherials maybe that could work

-Use Empowered Soulflayer if you don’t have these pistols. Soulflayer is pretty awesome.

Bosses-

Kite and kill, you have decent single target damage due to Cadence and the fact that not many are resistant to your damage type. You’ll notice some trouble with enemies like Shar’Zul who has Impaired Aim and Valdaran who is resistant to aether.

In Closing-

It would’ve been easier to make a sorcerer or even a pyromancer when picking Dual-Wielding Aether Pistols.

But i wanted to try out how a Battlemage would work and i am happy with the results, it’s not the most stylish of builds but i find it unique and am happy it can kill stuff.

Although i found my other experiment, aDW-Pistol Lightning based buildmuch more fun (personal preference, more flashy :cool:), this one is pretty fun in it’s own right

For those interested i presented some points on Ranged Aether using Occultist for Pyromancer and Witchblade under the section “Occultist vs. Arcanist”

When going Dual-Wielding Pistols you can go Chaos, Fire, Lightning, Cold, Acid, Physical, Pierce, Vitality. So i decided to present the concept for Dual-Wielding Pistols with Aether.

I loved this build cause it’s unique and i hope you guys enjoy playing it

(Reserved)

Reserved for later

Reserved for later

Interesting, damage breakdown on cadence?

Give me a sec, i’ll post it.

Updated the guide

EDIT:

Updated the guide

Btw, does anyone have any good screenshot locations? I really don’t like the current one :stuck_out_tongue:

No seriously, i’d like some recommendations

Stat point?

maybe u can try:

1. Bastion of chaos rift at the Necropolis
  2. Darkvale gate Throne or floor rift
  3. Bathhouse At Darkvale gate
  4. depraved sanctuary altar
  5. Cronley Secret room
    6.Mogdrogen’s Hangout Area
  6. Stoneend quarry with Venarius at the Background :rolleyes:

maybe not the best places but worth a try, loving ur build btw :cool:

1. Did it with Light of Empyrion Pyromancer

2. You mean the place where we meet Zaria?

3. Nice, i will give it a look. I play at low res so i miss many things.

4. Lol, forgot it existed. Where is the alter btw?

5. Nah, too bland. But then again never seen it in high res

6. Nope, nope, nope. It’s hard to control the urge to fight him :rolleyes:

7. Oh yes, this is fucking awesome. I love that area and the boss. Thanks for reminding.

Thank you :cool:

1. the rift entrance at the necropolis after the bridge, not within boc
  2. the throne room before we battle karroz
  3. just before we fight the blade of chthon, am not even sure if its an altar:rolleyes:

you could also add boris pit master spot or one of the overlooking areas of four hills and the new harbor area. there is one cool looking cliff in the shaded basin as well, the river background is awesome. just put your settings to max:p

1. Oh, gotcha

2. No idea :eek:. The one that has weird rifts in it?

3. Oh, yeah i know what you mean

4. Boris area sucks. Four hills one is kinda nice, not the best (maybe i need different camera angle)

5. Shaded Basin? What’s that? Some secret area?

the area between tyrant hold and jagged waste… where the caves of old mcbriar and ungoliax lies… just check those corners and u will see the cliff is protruding a bit

Lol, i forgot what it’s called cause i speed run Mogara, Bloodbriar, Gloomweaver and Bloodfeast:)

Thanks for the recommendations, they’d be helpful for this one and any others

what kind of pistols are you using?
EDIT: nevermind - the page was still not updated from yesterday!

Umm, it’s listed in the items. :eek:

of course, sorry I only woke up recently and you replied too fast :smiley:

Lol /10char

stat point in phys/cun ?