[DW melee] Beginner's Virulent Dervish

No worries. I guess you are using grim tools to see how they look maxed out? I am just playing in game, and see that Raise the Dead base stat is 5 reduced res, while Manticore is 10. I guess they scale at different rates?

Yeah that’s both skills at max rank in grimtools. I’m not sure on how the values change at low levels but it does sound like they scale differently. I do remember that the max number of skeletons Raise the Dead can summon is lower at the start.

1 Like

I see, thanks for the clarification and tips! But yeah, I am kind of just following this build and playing along to try and understand the thought process in making different types of decisions. I am fairly new to Grim Dawn, and ARPGs in general so the guide has been very helpful so far.

2 Likes

Hi all. Sorry for the bad english. I am a complete beginner in the game,I really like this build. That would be my question this build viable in 1.1.9.1 ?. thank you for your reply have a nice day

Yes, it should still be viable since not much was nerfed about it.

Hello!

First of all, thank you for your build, Stupid_Dragon. I have been following it step by step while playing on Veteran and it works great; however, I have a doubt: I am currently on my way to fight the Warden (level 20, but will farm a bit first) and I noticed by then your build had dual wield but in the levelling descriptions there are no points assigned to the dual wielding skill.

Are you using any item that gives you the ability to do so? did I read anything wrong? I am afraid I’m missing on some damage potential or something. So far I’m using a mace+shield.

Thank you and congratulations for your detailed builds as they are very helpful!

The transmuter for pneumatic burst also enables dual wield

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hey man, really appreciate the effort of putting this together.

I’m delving into melee for the first time and I’m kind of lost as to what to prioritize when choosing a weapon. Is it weapon damage, attack speed, +%Acid/Poison?

I’m super lost in that regard.

All of them.

hey im really enjoying this guide! my question is does it matter if we pick kymon or the legion??/
thanks

Hello, it does not.

Hi Stupid Dragon,
Could you tell me how to keep those Blade Spirits in the middle of the character all the time like your videos?

It ain’t Blade Spirits, it’s Whirling Blades from the Seal of Blades component.

1 Like

Hi, SD. Great guide as always. Is it still viable?

1 Like

Oh sh*t missed it… TY, i am in stage leveling nightblade, when i should deside will it be blademastet or this one

Decide now:

Blademaster:

Dervish:

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I mainly have doubts choosing between damage types, and if i understood it right, dervish is more AoE oriented, while blademaster is more single-target nooker, but i think i’ll try both and choose one for more fun2play

Hey again, SD. New portion of nooby questions. First of all, fractions. If i get it right from Endgame Items chapter, mostly needed is Barrowholm, Resistance, Coven, Bysmiel Cult? Is that correct or i missed something? And one more, it is about world exploration. Is there any need to explore all the corners? Or i can go straight to the story? Actually, it is more to know, on which average level i should be in act 2, 3, etc