[DW melee] Beginner's Virulent Dervish

Hey there.

1. Barrowholm, Resistance, Coven and three cults are a staple. In fact you probably won’t need Barrowholm, but you can include them just to be on the safe side. The vanilla factions are usually unnecessary.
  2. I do not explore everything since my current style is to get the char done as soon as possible. I basically beeline shrines and quest, but not all of them either. E. g. recently I’m skipping shrine in Arkovian Undercity because that’s a bit too long of a detour to my taste. It requires knowledge of locations though, and is not something I can just teach you in a few sentences.
  3. For veteran I’m usually 18-19 by the time I kill Krieg and 37-40 by the time I kill Loghorrean. But then again as I said previously my current style is very rushy. I basically try to get done with first difficulty and get to the second one, as you level faster that way. Downside is you won’t be getting rep for quests for factions you care the most, I fix that by doing bounties on Elite, which can be done relatively fast once you know how to pick the easiest. That also comes with experience and can’t simply be taught in a few sentences.
    Then again I wasn’t always like that, 3 years ago I was quite a grinder and a completionist, so it wasn’t unusual for me to do the full clear of veteran, after which I usually ended up with level 65-70. It’s a matter of preferences.
1 Like

TY for answers, really became more clear now. The deal is i am too lazy to grind everything, but it is too sad to miss any shrine or free skillpoints, and i think it is a matter of knowing the easiest way, which is a part of expirience… MB when i will have around 200+ hours in game, it will be more easy to just run the right rout. Anyway, this build is amasing in terms of damage done and survivability yet, TY for it))))

1 Like

FYI skill / stat point quests on normal and elite are only present in vanilla campaign, and the only one that isn’t straight up along the “main route” is Hidden Path chain. This is the main reason why AoM and FG on normal / veteran are easily skippable.

Devotion shrines through, sure, main reason to visit various optional locations. I’d say get a list of them (should be in grimtools checklist) and try to go through a game while clearing it, once you do that you’ll have a basic idea of where the shrines are and how long would be the detour.

1 Like

Does this build only have 1 default movement ability (shadow strike)? is it okay to add an xtra point in vires might for the xtra movement?

Totally okay. A lot of Dervish players go with triple mobility from SS, Vire and some rune.

Hi Stupid Dragon is the update in the guide written above or on this particular post? Can i still follow ur above guide step by step or do i implement these changes you post about?

Hello again, I’m afraid I don’t get what you mean by the “changes I post about”. Can you link a particular post / quote?

The guide in the first post is the only version I have and I consider it ok to follow as is. It’s not perfect and I can see some room for improvement and polish, but it will work.

These changes are what i meant sorry didnt quote it. Are these changes updated in the original guide above and can i follow the guide above step by step or do i have to take into account these changes?

First line in that quote says “Updated the first post.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, that one. Yes, it’s already included in the first post.

Ok thankyou for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

Got it thanks for the info :smile:

How do you get the Venomblade set?

Luck. Its a random drop.

You can hope for the blueprint. There is transmute npc in Forgotten Gods. There you can exchange the crafted Item for another one of the same set

Hey SD

One more time outstanding guide and outstanding build. After long time testing everything around (many different builds) returned to this one, and Also kept Nerys vit opressor. Thanksalot for your work on it

UPDATE
After finishing malmouth DG looks like easy mod,(on normal and on elite too). Should it be so?

1 Like

DG? What’s that?

FG I guess. But I think 2nd part of FG is harder than Malmouth :thinking:

1 Like

Yep, FG, i misprinted) maybe i was doing it wrong? And maybe on ultimate it is really harder… Anyway on leveling this build is outstanding, will se on it when farming endgame gear

It depends on many things but I’d say first part of FG is relatively easy.

Overall don’t worry about it, there’s no definite right or wrong. I’d totally ditch normal if it feels too easy.

1 Like

By the way, SD. In constellation rout you are writing your recomended bindings everywhere, except Ghoul. Just noted)))

1 Like