*EDIT* LVL 100 Witch Hunter - looking for more feedback

Hi,

A while back I posted about my LVL 100 DEE Witch-Hunter and a number of people were kind enough to take the time to provide in-depth comments. Over the past months, I’ve gone about trying to maximize the build and would still appreciate feedback on the current state of it, after getting the Dreeg’s mythic set (farming totems and explosive chests for hours, a few false starts, more farming for crafting mats to transmute and craft…).

I’m trying to get the Closed Fist ring, but don’t know where else to optimize, as the gloves, pants, belt and medal are pretty decent. I suspect there are plenty on here who have preternatural knowledge of the game, items and stats to look for, so I humbly submit my current witch hunter for your consideration.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

1 Like

First off, hi!

Second off, I see a lot of things I don’t quite like at first glance - that is having that poor blue set “Daega’s Oath”. IMO, even Dreeg’s own set is way stronger due to its in-built procs on the head and set as a whole, although when we talk about using DEE as the main skill… having different boost items could show better results like wearing “Voice of Dreeg” instead.

I am not too sure honestly cuz I never liked to use DEE as a primary skill tho I say this (which could be the culprit of your problems altogether):

1. 90% armor absorb - needs 92% (yea very specific but that’s the min standard or get it to 100% if u can.
  2. Why don’t you use healing and speed boosting, as well as OA/DA increasing ability called “Pneumatic Burst”.
  3. You have too many spammable skills (I hope u don’t use the mall at once cuz it’s a mess) - Bitting Blades, Acid Purge, Bloody Pox.
  4. Your amulet and screams of aether ring could use some change as well because they barely do anything for you.
  5. If u want to cast DEE and stand a lot, I also highly suggest (since u will get hit a lot anyway)… use Giant Blood or Chariot of Dead devotions because sometimes even tho u attack to get health u can’t attack by being frozen so that’s a good failsafe.
  6. Normally we like to get at least 1 3rd tier devotion like Yugol or Abomination.
  7. Your health is 10k but needs a minimum of 13k as a standard fighting horde.
  8. I noticed u don’t have any “Damage Reduction”. You might ask: “What’s that?”. And I answer it’s the best of them all for survival. It’s quite tricky to come by, by the same Yugol devotion (although it’s being active only by being hit) or component on medal/amulet lodestone is an easy fix, or u could wear Judicator’s Seals rings for that matter but it’s quite obvious that by leaving it out u are missing a lot.

That’s my 2 cents from here on out, hope it helps in any way… :blush:

Hello!

Ah, Daega’s Oath: a nice blue set for a first char :wink: And a good stepping stone for farming more powerful items.

I’m not very active on this forum but here are some piece of advice:

1. only use one “channeled” skill, i.e. don’t mix Acid Purge with DEE
  2. with a channeled skill, you should try to get as much cast speed as reasonably achievable
  3. don’t underestimate the power of MIs, especially for a first lvl 100: their two affixes can give you great stats
  4. Damage Reduction works great, especially combined with Damage Absorption. Note that DR reduces the debuffs enemies apply to you
  5. Pneumatic Burst offers good stats, a way to heal, and a chance to negate incoming damage: it’s a pretty good buff
  6. Homebrewed Potion can be used to trigger Giant Blood only when you need it

Here’s a draft of a DEE Witch Hunter, using a lot of your items, with changes mainly on skills and devotions: Witch Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

No advice on components and augments: it’s an other puzzle, played after having chosen your best items.

Hello!

Thank you for responding. I apologize for my delayed response.

I’ll work towards getting some of the stats to the levels you recommended and hope you don’t mind if I respond to some of your suggestions.

1. I’ve been looking for an alternative to Daega’s Oath, but only have the Hood of Dreeg and have otherwise been getting off-class, or lower level drops from SR and Crucible. I’m not sure where / how to get the rest of the recipes for the set. Would you think it better to sacrifice some of my DPS to improve survivability?

2. I’ll see how I can fit Pneumatic Burst into my build. I don’t know which I should sacrifice between Frailty and Pox.

3. I don’t use Acid Purge much at all, but spam biting blades to get the defensive devotion to proc. They’re there because of the seals. Would you recommend different components over the seals?

4. I agree and am looking for new items, but haven’t had any luck so far. Do you have any suggestions for what I should look for on GT?

5. Hahaha, yes, I get hit a fair bit but generally try to move. I need to find more reductions to stun duration, so I’ll look at those two devotions.

Thank you very much for your time and for helping me out.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

1 Like

Howdy,

Thanks so much for responding and sorry for not replying sooner.

From the sounds of it, I should be getting Pneumatic Burst and probably reducing my points from base Frailty and Pox.

I’ll look to rebalance my devotions, as it looks like I can probably do away with Scales of Ulcama by replacing it with Behemoth and it gets me more points in the direction of Yugol.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

you don’t wanna do that
reducing Pox is fine, but not curse of frailty
curse is directly affecting your RR, and you don’t wanna lower that
^same reason you want more points in Night’s Chill for more -acid resist

Hey!

Thanks for such a quick response. I’ll reduce base pox and maybe black death.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers.

Hi again!

If you got Hood of Dreeg, I imagine u have its recipe because it doesn’t drop (at least as hoods do so).

So what you could do (which is expensive but almost guaranteed) is craft 4 more of them and transmute them to other parts of the same set via Inventor (You have to unlock its function via FG story).

Others have kinda answered your question about Burst, I see.

Overseal, I recommend either that “Vitrollic Galstone” or something like that, maybe even “Seal of Might” because of the defenses it gives. You can definitely proc your devotion via Blade Spirit instead imo.

In Grimtools, for wanted items, you obviously want acid retaliation or poison retaliation, as well as the usual acid-boosting items.

Yugols devotion kinda does fix u a bit with Petrify but regarding stun, you either grab Chariot + Empty Throne and that should do it (~37% stun by doing that).

Hi again (x2),

I’ve tried to make a build that incorporates the feedback from you and the others on the post and here it is thus far:

Unfortunately, I transmuted the Dreeg’s set, but it was capped at 75 and ended up worse than Daega’s. I’m doing 128k and have a lot more survivability alternating between Blood of Dreeg and Pneumatic Burst, so I think it’s working out pretty well.

The best drop thus far is the Sting of Dranghoul. Everything else has been medicore.

Thanks again for your help.

Take care.

that’s because you transmuted the non mythical set :sweat_smile:
you can’t transmute a non mythical into mythical, same tier to same tier only, so would have had to crafted the lvl 94 helmet or pieces from the 94 set

Well… shit.

I crafted the helm on ultimate at level 100.

Dumb question - how do I get mythics?

this doesn’t matter
you can see in the blacksmith window what level it is/what the outcome item is when it’s not a random item (randoms have ? tags i think as rightside output icon)

play farm/kill stuff high enough to drop mythics
Mythicals are level 84+, so enemies need to be about lvl 80+ or higher
if you’re level 100 on Ultimate you should only see either Mythics or max level items with no lower level version (ie no Mythic tag because it’s not an upgraded lvl because no version prior to 94 existed with that name)
example could be Octavius set, there is no level 70-75 Octavius so 94 version is the first/only so no Myth tag, same reason why your Daega set didn’t have Myth tag either since it’s the first and only version