Editing conditions for quest activation

Hello. I was wondering how you can lower the condition for certain quests to activate. The quest I’m trying to edit is: The origin of the Slith. I thought I could do this in Quest Editor (sq_slithlab) but it did not show the activation requirements for the quest. The condition tab started from objectives section. Can anyone please teach me how to edit this quest? I just want to make it so I can start this quest right after “Helping out” part, you know the one with aether crystals and cleaning water system.

Thank you.

The quest offer conditions are set in the NPC dialogue.

Note that if you want to make this change to function in MP, you will also need to edit the _MPQuestControl.lua script to match the conditions set in the dialogue.

1 Like

Oh thanks for the guidance. I’ve been working with the file and realized this is much more complicated than I thought so I changed the course and decided to just lower the requirement for slith lab quest. This is how it went.
I found this part in kasparov’s conversation file ( by the way the conversation file was in a folder named, working, just as beginner’s guide taught me) :

(QuestTaskComplete sq_dismantling.qst, ?, True) AND (HasFaction SURVIVORS, >= 10000) AND (HasToken DC_HELPED_KASPAROV, TRUE)

I’ve taken out (HasFaction SURVIVORS, >= 10000) part then saved it. However, when I re-launched the game I couldn’t see the slith lab quest being triggered above Kasparov. So I guessed this is because of that _MPQuestControl.lua you’re talking about. Thus I googled how to add lua files and I downloaded this software named sublime text 3, opened _MPQuestControl.lua then found the part with reputation check in slith lab section like below:

if (questTaskState == QuestState.Complete && player:GetFaction("SURVIVORS") >= 10000) then

There I took out player:GetFaction("SURVIVORS") >= 10000 part and saved it. However, when I went back into the game I still didn’t get any quest pop up above Kasparov. Did I miss a step? :frowning:

Most importantly, the folder structure of your mod has to match the folder structure of the file you are editing in the game…so that it gets overwritten.

Also, did you right-click the source files you created in the Asset Manager and created Assets for them?

Finally, you need to build your changes.

As for lua, that can be edited with any text editor, including Notepad. Personally, I’d recommend Notepad++.

1 Like

Oh no! :fearful: I don’t know anything about handling sources in Asset Manager. I DID gave it a shot though and this is how it went. Below is my asset manager directories setting:

%20Asset%20Manager%20directories

so in conversation editor I chose kasparov file in folder “working” to edit the condition part:

%20Conversation%20editor%20-%20file%20I%20edited

as for _mpquestcontrol.lua, I also chose the one in folder “working” and edited it:

%20Lua%20file%20I%20edited

Then I imported these edited files in Asset manager (which I’m pretty sure I did wrong):

After that was done I performed “Auto - create asset” on both the files within Asset Manager by right clicking them, pressed F7 to build but there was no change in game. I believe I am lost. Hahaha :joy:

Oh my god I did it!! I did it! WHOA~~~~~! Hahahahahaha :laughing: Oh gosh it feels so good! Hahaha
When you said the folders have to match I didn’t quite understand it due to my lack of modding skills but I tried like my previous reply up there and realized I had those lua and conversation files in the folders I designated them in at Asset Manager. So I got this hazy feeling that I should open those files and check the contents and what do you know, turns out those files are not edited at all! Hahaha so I opened those files, edited same way, saved them and then executed build in Asset Manager and BOOM! Kasparov had “!” above his head!!! Hahahahah Oh I feel so great right now! I’m so pumped! Hahahaha Thanks Zantai.

1 Like

Great work! :smiley:

2 Likes