Embarrassing moments from GD

I’m fast approching a thousand hour and if we can really do that I just did learn it

To be fair I discovered it by accident early on, so it’s not a big deal if players miss this

Yeah, that’s the one. Was it fixed? Funny, guess I’ve never had gotten the patch that supposedly was meant to fix this exploit :rolleyes:

Freshly made screen:

Ok…so you’re running the latest version of the game?

Because I cannot reproduce the steps from that thread anymore.

Of course http://www.mediafire.com/view/7lc3am379ni9tgf/ofcourse.jpg#

Although after reading that thread, my way of accessing Ultimate on Normal character’s is a bit different the Koalei0’s.

I’m sure you’re getting a kick out of this, but can we skip the part where you rub your trick in my face and simply tell me what the bug is so we can fix it?

I’d rather, you know, get back to work on the expac and all.

If it helps, I’m on the latest GOG version and I can’t seem to scroll through characters when the difficulty selection menu is open. The mouse wheel and arrow keys are disabled at least and I can’t think of any other binds that would do it…

Ok just tested it.

It does work. BUT it actually create a Rift

I kinda was thinking you could go directly to the world map and Rift Away (meaning you could go to place A leave your portal. Move to place B use the Map and then take your Portal as a kind of Permanent Rift for the game session if you never opened it again) Guess it was obvious that it would “take away” your previously opened rift but it did sound a whole lot cooler than it is really.

I remember this one time i was playing on my max level aether fire sorc and everything was going perfectly fine on ultimate. Of course that was until i ran into everyone’s favorite commander Lucius, after a slightly long and drawn out battle with a few close calls here and there i see him prepping his meteor barrage style attack. Seeing this i instinctively went to pop my mirror as a precautionary measure, and much to my surprise i hit the wrong button, deactivated my aether resist aura, and proceeded died instantly…

That was also the first time I’ve ever died on that character, damn you Lucius for ruining my perfect KD ratio!

Boasting to a friend about facetanking Fabius in crucible then getting one-shotted by The Mad Queen in the next wave. XD

Hardcore Elite, Bastion of Chaos, searching for my nemesis buddy Benn’Jahr. I was talking to someone and accidentally hit the key that switched between your main and secondary gear. In the last session I had tried out The Guillotine for my bleed warder but I prefer the safety of a shield and 1H axe for high level HC. So switching the gear accidentally to the 2H disabled my shield-based passives like Menhir’s Bulwark among all other things and I was thinking “why the hell am I getting hit so hard?! oh shit oh shit oh shit”
Facepalming ensued. Also considering eye doctor. Luckily my stupidity wasn’t punished this time. Not like the time I died to Ultimate Valdaran because I was too arrogant to run away after meeting him pretty early on. Live and learn!

I’ve just noticed that I was searching for Valdaran in the wrong Burial Hill after 2 weeks of farming him non-stop…

That damned Markovian Visor blueprint really doesn’t want to drop :furious:

Thinking that by some bug i suddenly lost my weapon and shield, due accidentally pressing the weapon swap key.:rolleyes:

It’s not particularly embarrassing, but I’ve been out of Grim Dawn for a while and I offed myself by Shadow Striking right into a pack of Burning Ones and forgetting that they explode on death. :frowning:

On my first two chars I have sided with the Kymon’s Chosen. On my third one, I sided with the Order and was confused for days because their HQ was filled with Kymon’s people and I couldn’t find on Google what bug caused it. Turns out the Order HQ was located on the other side of Sorrow’s Bastion.

LOL! Been there, done that! :smiley:

I honestly still do this for time to time, specially when i play several characters in a row who joined Death’s Vigil. Other stuff that happens is when I switch to a character that is allied Kymon’s Chosen, go to the Death’s Vigil base thinking i’m allied with them and suddenly the guards there attack me, and i just yell “Hey, assholes!” every time it happens.