Enemy level cap

would like to see the enemy level cap be removed from normal and elite. would also like to see some kind of Story Reset with in the same difficulty just like its done in Borderlands 2 where you can reset DLC.

Sounds like excuses to not move on from normal/veteran difficulty. What benefit could this bring to the game?

If you want to reach max level in normal just do SR

1 Like

To the enemy scaling : Not sure if this is answer youll like but there are mods that does this (and usually more), if you would be interested in mod that allows full scaling of nemies and nothing else, PM me and i can cut that feature out of my mod and make it standalone. that would also mean u have to play “custom game” and transfer your characters there unless you are doing that already
this probably wont ever be allowed by crate tho since it would mess with the drops, 94 legendaries are intended to drop only on ultimate i believe, and with level locks removed they could drop in normal.
another downside of not playing ultimate is, that you miss on elite skillpoints / atrib points, aswell as those form ultimate, and most important, there are quests / bosses that are doable ONLY on Ultimate difficulty

To story reset : First of all before you attempt any of those, BACKUP YOUR CHARACTERS .You can achieve this manually, by simply deleting proper files from your save files
it should be YOURSAVEFOLDER/Grim Dawn/save/xxxx/_CharacterName/levels_world001.map/Normal/

check files there, one is for saved conversations, one for quests, one for map, if you delete those, i believe you can play same difficulty again, BUT the downside here is if i recall, that you actually can get more skillpoints then inteded this way, since you will be able to repeat skillgranting quests.

also you could probably use this method to copy your normal progress to ultimate when you feel like ya ready for it, but that could again result in actually LOOSING the skillpoints from that difficulty, since u wont be able to redo quests there unless wiping the saves… complicated as hell :slight_smile:

i understand that you are suggesting adding those things to base game, just wanted to let ya know that there are already existing options/workarounds

1 Like

i have lvl 100 oathkeeper that laughed all the way through ultimate. ultimate is not my cup of tea id rather relax on elite.

some interesting work arounds i might try. i always back up my saves :slight_smile: skyrim has taught me well to do this hehehe.

Sounds like you’re contradicting yourself there a bit. Your L100 Oathkeeper laughed through Ultimate, but you find Elite more relaxing. What is it you’re actually after difficulty-wise? An easy passage or a more easy passage? :thinking:

If you use a merit token then you can skip from Normal to Elite or Ultimate as you choose with a low level character. Monsters will scale from 1 to 100 if you do.

to clarify while my 100 oathkeeper easy moded ultimate my lvl 100 necro did not. i have a few other high lvl characters around 86-94 and ultimate with them is a pain.

Edit: even when it comes to crucible i prefer challenger over gladiator. i prefer the uncapped enemy lvl from ultimate but not ultimate’s faked difficulty through Sponge/OHKO

who doesnt like new game+ ? but why is the only option to keep going up in difficulty? Elite is my prefered way to play the game. it offers a moderate amount of challenge without it being a chore.

Then stock up on the merit tokens you can get in Forgotten Gods Elite difficulty and use those to skip straight to that with new characters.

ill give it a go.

@Feralwarlord and @Mendez42 thank you both. you knew my exact intention with these suggested changes. i was actually shocked that SR offers more xp than Crucible. it makes me a little sad as well

@medea_fleecestealer while i like that you can skip modes with the merit tokens im not looking to play through with -25% primary resist. my intention with these changes is to allow going to 100 in the prefered mode of difficulty, and to allow going through the story again in the same difficulty. grim dawns story might not be super tier but i actually like it. reseting the campaing could also reset the shrines, and while i wouldnt be looking for more shrine points i very much enjoy fight shrines.

If you explore everywhere through GD, AoM and FG on Normal and do the same on Elite I’m pretty sure you’ll hit 100 in Elite. Between them Normal and Elite have 98 shrines so plenty to cleanse.

I doubt Crate would consider this change since the idea is to play multiple characters, not keep running the same one over and over even if it is in just one difficulty. What you could try is what Mendez42 suggested. I think that’s the only way you might be able to do what you want - sort of with the provisos he pointed out.