Energy regen on caster sabo

I’ve been messing with a few sabo builds using bwc and canister bomb, but I keep running into the issue that energy regen is terrible. I tried using harp on one setup and it helped a decent amount. Now though I’m using some different items, and my main devotions are witchblade, torch, magi, behemoth, and blind sage. I’m not sure where I can go to really help my energy issues without giving up a lot. Right now I’m just getting by chugging lots of energy pots.

My first thoughts were lantern or scythe, but I don’t know how much they’ll really help, and it’s hard to squeeze them in. Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

There are a LOT of ways to offset energy drain on classes that are less than ideal for casters.
Components:
arcane spark
ectoplasm
seal of annihilation
mark of illusions

Augments:
arcanum dust
oysr’s guidance

Devotions:
You had already mentioned them. If the build is constantly running out of energy then they are worth it to drop some damage.
Finally if you post the link to the actual build you will get much better personalized feedback on the issues.

1 Like

Post Grim Tools link with your current devo if possible.

Thanks, I was holding off on putting stuff on because I was lvl 91 or 2, but I hit 94 and was able to put on my endgame neck and a decent medal. So the seal of annihilation, Arcanum dust, and a spark seems to have taken care of it.
I didn’t feel like adding my entire build into grim tools, but for anyone wondering this is my devo path. Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

It’s actually painfully easy to upload your build as is in-game to grimtools. There is no need to manually build it on the site when the player.gdc file already contains 100% of what it is.
But I’m happy to hear that my suggestions helped.
:slight_smile:

Yup, super easy to do. Just click the “Load character from save file” icon here:

Then click it again from the popup and follow the directions on there to find your character file:

Then once it is loaded, click the “Link to this build” icon here:

Then copy and paste the link to the forums and you’re done! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Using caster gear, especially caster chest, helps a lot with regen. Casters that use gear without regen (like ulzuin’s set) can struggle with energy.