Eternal Embers - 4th expansion for Titan Quest

I fell out of my chair when I read the news. I just hope they fixed the bugs. And improved the voice acting. The ones in TQ:AE and Atlantis were just plain terrible.

1 Like

reminds me of dvergr saying “soup?” when they died, and the bald bandits having exaggerated or pleased (depending on the viewers) death sounds (they have good singing voices though).

2 Likes

And the trolls’ constipation chorus. Or that retarded performance from the beekeeper and the caravan driver in Asgard.

2 Likes

I’m not done yet but I’ve run into one area where there was a trail of blood on the ground for no reason… Just a decal. Maybe that counts heh.

Seems the community can add those tags strangely. Not on TQAE or Ragnarok, but is on Atlantis. :woman_shrugging:

It’s not a good sign when I scrolled through the screenshots and barely saw any new assets for areas or creatures. Heck one egyptian area even has Imhotep, so they are reusing the NPCs too? I think only the bamboo-bridge and root/mushroom-covered underground cave areas and the giant dragon head are new.

Sadly you are right, as much they improved visuals for the landscape wich is actually beautifull, in terms of monster its very disappointing (imo), as they re-used about 80% of the monsters you will find there (turtles,itchians,bears,pengs,spiders,bats and so on with the same textures).

I think there are only about 8-10 new monsters in the whole xpak, if i remenber correctly.

About Imhotep, yhea…they want to bring old npcs into new xpaks, same as they did with Leonidas and Sage in Ragnarok xpak, you will meet again the yellow emperor for exemple, but the main issue is the different voice actors. Imohotep new voice audio is tottaly different than you heard back in early act 2, in a strange and bad way i must say.

Ouch, 8-10, that’s very little. Can you tell me what new creatures they added? (in spoiler tags if needed). I saw some gorilla-people and baboons in gameplay videos.
And yeah, I never really finished Ragnarok, it just felt… well, more like a fan-made content than the real game. I heard Atlantis was better, but have not tried it yet. As for the voice actors, well, 10 years later I imagine the old ones would have been hard to locate.
Are there at least enough new areas? I saw some gameplay that looked a lot like the Great Wall/chinese cities part of Act III, and the Great Pyramids part of Act II. Even down to the same enemies - mummies, scorpions, tigermen.

If you are interested, found a video that details the new skills of the Neidan mastery. (If you can understand this guy’s weird accent)

The mastery is like Dream, a jack of all trades, we have:
-Passive resistance and healing boosting skill that triggers if you drink potions.
-Another passive that randomly gives you powers of the new stat boost potions when you drink health or energy ones.
-A skill much like Grenado, just with one rather lackluster timed grenade. Does area elemental damage, reduces attack rating.
-Basically the Flashbang skill from GD but here it roots enemies in place or disorients them
-A wave-like Ki attack that confuses or frightens enemies, does elemental, burn and poison damage.
-Drain Essence, under a new name, it doesn’t branch off and it drains energy and heals you, later support skills make it do more damage and debilitate enemies.
-Terracotta Warriors - summon skill, you can have a max of 2, they do physical and bleed damage. I guess they are sort are this game’s version of the Necromancer’s Blight Beast’s explosion modifier, because the support skills for these are all focused on killing the pets - Shatter makes them explode on death and Forged by Fire literally reduces their physical resistance and gives them a flame aura.
-Aura of Tranquility: Seems really unbalanced, a sustained skill that gives 10% physical resistance from the get-go as well as damage absorption, and other perks?
-The last skill is probably the most overpowered though, a left-click weapon skill that 50/50 does lightning damage or petrifies enemies on hit, and the support skills to it add area of effect.

1 Like

There are monkeys that spit fireballs , gorila warriors , eels , somekind of a flying dragon fish , Mogwai ( is hybrid between a serpent and mantid) , fire elemental and Yaogai ( similar to boarman-but with oriental aspect ) i think its all from china .

In Egypt there are Sobek Disciples ( crocodile humanoids) , sphinix and a Pharaoh Zealots ( Human soldiers)

There rest of monsters you find are yetis-pengs-turtles-wraiths-ghosts-spiders-mantids-saberlions-itchians-scorpos-desert hags-mummy-tigermen-bats-scorpions-sprites-skelletons-quilvines and dragornians warriors and mages ( with their reflect skill)

Between bosses and heroes what i remenber are ( qiong qi - horned flying tiger , mounted terra cotta general , Sihai Longwang , Ten Suns , )

The size of the areas in xpak are huge and kinda exotic and diverse wich is great, i think it what the makes the xpak great. Yhea they used some assets from Orient and Egypt but it feels very unique.

In New Egypt there are some secrets and kinda hidden doors inside the temples.

The caves layouts reminds me alot of GD , how they are build in and not simple plane point A to point B, kinda impressive. For exemple the 1st cave you find is very similar of Flooded Passage ( atleast for me)

2 Likes

I will probably wait until a 50% sales. Buying Ragnarok at release was a disappointment. Sparse maps with barely any monster, especially the frost jotun map; bad new 3d monster models; out of place enemies (white monkeys in Scandinavia, …); and horrible voice acting. And the plot is lackluster anyway. Atlantis is somewhat better but it still feels off in places.

It’s not a weird accent, he’s Greek.

1 Like

Thanks! Hmm, I think the main game had crocodile humanoids in Egypt already -they can be found around the Nile. But they had some generic name like Reptilians.
I think Yaogai were also in the main game, but not sure.
Huh Mogawis sure are different than in Gremlins, then! :smiley:

Might get this, but I need to play Atlantis first and see whether they improved the interface enough. It felt like I am back to the stone age when I played original TQ after GD, especially the whole “click hotkey - aim cursor to use” method, instead of just triggering the skill by clicking the hotkey.

That was my second guess after russian, at any rate, really hard to understand him. Never heard such english accent before.

Holy sht just realized there is a new xpack, but I’ll skip this one. Based on reviews, lazy VA is back and the map looks like an entangled cave with multiple levels or exits and a big empty area with no mob. The new mob are a reskinned with reddish tint. Hope there is no such as unfinished artifacts or undroppable items and totally useless charm and relic quest reward.

Damn, Atlantis scars TQ experience for me.

More content for EE:

It would will be nice if they fix the bugs of the previous DLC.

thought i heard they did fix some of them? :thinking:

They are fixing as many of the bugs as they can.

Yeah I can be impatient. I’m a bit frustrated with the Atlantis rare drops with no affixes. In the meantime, some footage from The Line of Epic Heroes: