Eternal Embers - 4th expansion for Titan Quest

Vienna/Austria, December 3rd, 2021 - Action-RPG Titan Quest is getting a new expansion! In Eternal Embers, players will set foot in the mystic realms of the Far East. Legendary entities from Asian mythology like the Jade Emperor, the Ten Suns, and the Dragon King of the Four Seas are part of an epic storyline, spanning four new acts. Over 30 different types of enemies and bosses are standing in the player’s path and a new mastery becomes available. With the legendary powers of the ancient Neidan masters, the blessings of demigods, and the will of ancient emperors, all the power is at the player’s fingertips.

With new weapons and new gear, new relics, new potion types, and additional game modes - Titan Quest: Eternal Embers offer a divine amount of fresh content for the critically acclaimed Action-RPG.

Titan Quest: Eternal Embers is out now for PC at an SRP of $ 19.99 | € 19.99 | £ 17.99.

Watch the trailer on YouTube: Titan Quest: Eternal Embers - Release Trailer - YouTube
Download the assets: THQ Nordic | Directory listing of https://media.thqnordic.com/Titan_Quest/Eternal_Embers
Titan Quest: Eternal Embers on Steam: Titan Quest: Eternal Embers on Steam

9 Likes

HOLY FOOKIN SHIT, ANOTHER TQ EXPANSION? WITH ASIAN MYTHOLOGY! YAS!

I thought they were done with Atlantis holy shit

throws wallet at

you can milk a cow more than once :wink:

case in point :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

They make a good game, or else I wouldn’t! I came to GD because of TQ. It’s rare I buy any game nowadays.

Also

1 Like

Better not mess with a tigerman!

2 Likes

Didn’t liked any of the previous THQ Nordic expansions, so it’s a pass for me.

Honestly, i would prefer TQ 2 instead of three expansions to a game that came out in 2006.

4 Likes

Neither of them? I loved Ragnarok, not Atlantis so much.

But there have been leaks/rumors that TQ2 is in the works. It would be made by a different team than the original devs, though - HandyGames I believe. I don’t know much about them.

i believe they handle the mobile port of TQA, and THQnordic is handling the sequel internally

1 Like

Reading your words here I don’t quite think you realize that both Ragnarok and Atlantis were not done by the “original” devs, nor is it even owned by the original devs OR publisher anymore, and hasn’t for many, many years now.

The original devs were Iron Lore Entertainment. They went under over a decade ago. The publisher that funded them? THQ - they went under eventually as well… And were bought by Nordic Games, who also bought the name “THQ” when they bought them up, and then proceeded to change their name to THQ Nordic.

Make no mistake tho… none of these are the original devs. Even the Anniversary edition release was not them.

1 Like

Yeah I’m aware. I’m not talking about OG Iron Lore, that goes waaaay back. I was saying I assumed TQ2 would be made by different people than the ones that who the expansions- I’m sort of lumping them together when I say “originals,” since the Anniversary is kind of the definitive version by this point. HandyGames was not a name I recognized so.

This was a really nice surprise,i kinda enjoy not being revealed months ahead like other companies do…but…it comes with its own issues,with GD i also like seeing the changes develop over time and get changed after testing,idk how big the internal TQ testing team is,and their updates and fixes seem to be far more rare than GD

I picked up Titan Quest for free this year during the 10th anniversary special. Coming from Grim Dawn, my first real ARPG experience (I’ve played Fate a lot as a kid, but it lacks any real depth) I was a bit disappointed. The setting is great but GD is so much better mechanically, and I ended up uninstalling it for the time being. I would love to see a TQ2, but with some QoL changes. It feels so outdated compared to GD, unfortunately.

Well, devs have their own QA testers and then there were beta testers drawn from people who’d done previous testing for Ragnarok and Atlantis - about 40 of those.

Well, that’s because it is. Crate have done a lot of work on the old TQ engine over the years, so much so that it’s now the GD engine; TQ would never run on it.

1 Like

oh wow 40,yeah that sounds pretty good for this kind of game

I really didn’t liked Ragnarok, to the point i didn’t even finished it.

The sad thing is though is that i have wanted a Norse act since when the game came out, but it comes like 10 years after Immortal Throne and it’s really disappointing. I have wondered since Ragnarok’s release if Iron Lore would have done a much better job given that Immortal Throne is great.

But really, i can’t play Titan Quest anymore. Grim Dawn’s numerous improvements, better loot, devotion system and better balanced masteries just makes TQ look inferior in every way except for the setting and music. It’s why i want Titan Quest 2 instead of expansions to the first game, to see how a sequel can improve on the original.

1 Like

That makes sense, yeah. I definitely won’t argue that Grim Dawn is mechanically superior to Titan Quest in just about every way, that’s an objective fact, and it’s why I have so many more hours logged in GD. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Nostalgia/setting is the thing that keeps me returning to TQ though, it’s funny like that.

I too am very much looking forward to TQ2 in the future, for the same reasons.

eternal embers? is titan quest going for dark souls 3 atmosphere now? oooh unkindled undead of ash, please bear thy curse and put the rogue lords of embers in the kiln so that our eternal age of fire is more eternal…

yeah i didn’t think the word eternal embers sound far east enough. in case of china, they often use words like celestial dragons of immortal cultivation of harmonious confusing confucianism or something.

hope the expansion will explore more japan/korea/mongol/south east asian regions. because we already got quite a lot of chinese exposure in act 4 of vanila titan quest. wonder what’s the name and effects of new eastern relics.

also, looking at the trend of titan quest dlc exploring different regions for their myths and cultures, i have a feeling that they will make some middle eastern/african/eastern europe/indian/meso american/native american dlcs in the future. maybe they’ll do ancient babylonian/sumerian after this one, since in vanilla titan quest we got a very brief tourist vacation in the hanging gardens.

ok. it seems the expansion is focusing more on china (silly me for expecting other east-southeast asian regions to get more exposure) and egypt (what a nice surprise. egypt’s myth exposure was kinda lacking in vanilla TQ).

and we got a new mastery! Neidan - Alchemist Kungfu Master Emperor. now i can make proper severus snape build (rogue + alchemist magic!), chucking poison magic bottlenades at dunderheads while sectumsempra-ing them with flying knifes and the sectumsemprachinegun blade traps, with some out of context eastern chi magic to buff/debuff stuff. the options to buy various new potions with unique effects (other than the boring health mana potions…) further enhance the new alchemist class feel. balance might get skewed with the new mastery, but titan quest is never a competitive game, its a single player sandbox diablo.

btw, i noticed a very out of place tag for the eternal embers dlc… gore??? since when do titan quest have gore!!! there isn’t even blood spilling animations!!! let alone limb explosions!!! only gore i noticed was when we scattered all them poor skellies’ bones to various edges of TQ universe.

1 Like

My Problem rn is that my PC simply can’t run the Game… it’s pretty frustrating. Since my Gfx card broke down and i had to use a old one. Well i will save it up for when i’ve my new rig. Meanwhile i will enjoy GD on XSX.