Evening from Finland by an old fart :)

Indeed. I’ve got somewhere between 10 and 11k hours in Titan Quest over 11 years. GD’s about 3-3.5k. I usually play 3-4 hours a day at least most days of the week, varying between the two games depending on what I feel like playing, what needs testing.

1 Like

OMG, TQ mentioned, I just fricking love that game, I am still playing it. It’s way better than any D* game. But D3 has way better multiplayer tho.

If crate ever does GD2, I hope they invest in the multiplayer section, D3 has absolutely great MP atm for ARPGs. And wait what D4 does… Blizz knows that shite.

You need to bow or to … pow to players like this :slightly_smiling_face:

I have lots of hours in GD but never gonna reach sick amounts, just normal more or less.

And I never played multiplayer and except WoW which is multiplayer only game play only single player. But that’s something special about Grim Dawn too. It’s single player dominant game that’s have good receptions and big amount of content and diversity to keep players engaged for long periods of time. So I hope Crate boldly goes to GD 2!

Why is that, you do not like online games? I’m not bashing or anything just asking :slight_smile:
I have played online since 1995 when it was practically possible in here in Finland. I played MMOs since Ultima Online, it was 1997 or so. WoW since 2004 and still going strong. <3

I remember the days before the public Internet. We played Doom in local area network (LAN) when I was studying. It was something spectacular. After Doom of course we had Quake and such :slight_smile:

Because I don’t have internet access most of the time. :sweat_smile:

But even when I do prefer to set my own pace and not try to compete in rankings, ladders and stuff like that. GD is excellent fit because of that. But then again I compete when it comes to builds crafting. Oh well…

Personally, I don’t anymore. At least certainly not with RPG’s anymore. I rather dislike being tied down waiting on other people. I much more enjoy the freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want - without needing someone else.

When it comes to diablo-likes, especially, I do not like online-only at all. I want my diablo’s offline and moddable and for that there is only one game in town anymore worth it: GD. You could also toss in TQ in there but GD has long replaced TQ for me.

The only time I was seriously into MMO was the original Guild Wars. WoW was simply too cartoony graphically for me - reminds me of saturday morning cartoons of the 80’s and 90’s - no thanks. I grew up since those days and have need of something a bit more mature graphically :wink:

2 Likes

There are TONS of games which allow you to focus JUST to yourself, no MP required. And I also tend to have situations when I just want to play by myself without any outside influence.

Witcher3 is a good example of that, a wonderful RPG with a wonderful story and graphics too.

I have 120 hours playtime in GD in about 14 days i think , when i read all this it isn’t much.
I tried the first Witcher some time a go i think its a good game but i don’t like to play a male maybe stupid but it doesn’t feel right for me

1 Like

Still, not bad for just 14 days. It’ll soon add up.

1 Like

The first witcher is bad, and the second one has pretty bad controls also, control lag. But W3, it’s wonderful, It’s many years old but it has very very nice gfx too!