Exact method to unlocking difficulties conventionally

Hi, I tried searching for a precise answer but couldn’t find it. What exact checkmarks/flags need to be passed in order to unlock elite and then ultimate difficulties? I’m trying to shove a guy through the game as quickly as possible in a headlong effort to level up quickly, if the context helps. Spoilers I suppose, tell me if I’m totally wrong on this:

From what I gather, here’s what needs to be done:

1. The door NE in Homestead needs to be open, and some conditions have to be met to do this
    1-1: You need to have reported the Aetherial Amalgamation’s defeat to Cpt Somer
    1-2: You need to have been told by Ulgrim to talk to Cpt Somer in the first place
    1-3: For Ulgrim to be there, you have to have made it to Deadman’s Gulch and done his quest to get everyone over to Homestead
    1-4: To make it to Deadman’s Gulch, you have to amass 3000 iron bits and 6 scrap to rebuild the bridge NW, then follow the path through Cronley’s Hideout, Arkovia, Broken Hills etc. to get there
    1-5: Basically this means you gotta farm a bit in “act 1” content or just enough in the Crucible to buy your way through

2. You need to unlock the NE gate in Fort Ikon
    2-1: Ulgrim or Creed or someone have to be there for the Ikon questline to begin (Outcast and Aetherial general quest) to let you through
    2-2: In order for them to be there, you have to finish up Cpt Somer’s quests (I believe this entails finding the farmers in the Blood Grove)

3. You need to get into Seal of the Logorrhean area, which I believe just involves meeting up with Ulgrim there and destroying their blood supply

4. Kill Logorrhean, unlocking the next difficulty

Is this about right? My character is currently standing in Fort Ikon with like 2 hours and 45 minutes on the clock and I can’t figure out for certain what I need to proceed. I haven’t done the Blood Grove farmer quest yet. Thanks.

I think simply killing Loghorrian unlocks the next difficulty. But you won’t get access to him before doing everything you described ofcourse.

complete the quest to kill loghorrian or use a merit

Yeah, that’s what I’m assuming, but short of just being ported right to him by another player, what do I have to go through to get to that point?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You need that farmer quest done to proceed.

1 Like

Cool, thanks

it’s basically

• Talk to ulgrim in deadmans gultch
  • Kill the amalgamation for the black legiion
  • rescue the farmers
  • bring karroz’s tome to creed
  • Kill Lucius
  • Kill loghorrean

just follow that quest line

1 Like

That’s perfect, succinctly put