Expac files extraction

Yeah, thanks, man, you helped much.

Ah so the procedure is essentially similar to TQ asset import in some ways

I am interested in developer response to this issue though

But thanks Bare, your wisdom is always appreciated. Going to use this method for now:D

Sexy /10chara

Oh man, this is ruff. I was hoping they were going to confine the expansion resources to:
Grim Dawn/resources/gdx1.

This would have been less confusing and similar to:
Titan Quest Immortal Throne\resources\xpac.

I never got Crucible so was never hinted towards their new arc placement and folder structure method.

\o/

So, it appear one still needs to rely on a roundabout method to use expac assets.

Ahhhh is this is why I’ve been so damn confused about the AOM assets not being in the Editor? =/

I’ve been searching high and low for them, and as I’d added the extra directories I was perplexed as to why it wasn’t working, as I could only seem to find about 2 assets from AOM (which were likely in the files before the Xpac itself).

Wish I’d not been blind and seen this post sooner; I’ll have to try this to see if it works.

Under Database -> Import Record allows you to import gdx1 records into your mod.

Think of GDX1 as its own mod as far as file organization is concerned, but you can import/copy its records over to any other mod as the core files are in your game installation.

I’ve just checked the Database > Import Records, and it looks like it would mean having to import each record one at a time, and there’s a lot of them. I thought that adding the GDX1 folders to the Browse and Source directories should mean they’re there for all new mods by default. Or have I missed something?

As it seems doing it the way they mention in this post would be way faster; though it does mean copying over 2gb of Database and Resource files from the GDX1 folder, to each separate mod just to be able to browse everything from the expansion. Then building the database once all the files are moved takes quite a while.
(Edit: To keep the original question intact, it looks like when I build the mod) from the Sources tab, after importing the files, it asks you to delete unassociated things (like WareBare mentioned), I guess that cleans it all up? As it looks like even though I copied over 2gb of date to the mod, it’s around 300mb. So I guess that’s A-OK?)

<Sorry, very new modder here, so if I’m off base about it all, then I’d appreciate the education!>

1 Like