Expac files extraction

How would one go about doing it? I can’t seem to figure it out

Attachment: worldEditorAoM.png

The gdx1 files should extract if you extract the game files as before.

Except they don’t. GDX is a separate folder in the installation directory and is for some reason treated as a separate “mod” from base game

EDIT:

GOG user

That’s fine; it will result in a mods/gdx1/ folder. If you wish to explore the gdx1 files, you can do so as though it were a mod.

From a question I asked about this topic:

Damn, oh well. Hope we get the update soon
Thanks

You should look for this change in the coming hotfix. I’ll add the relevant hotfix note here for additional clarity.

• Asset Manager will now add additional build and source directories to Import Record, allowing modders to import expansion files. If using default paths, Additional Source Directories should be set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\gdx1\ and Additional Browse Directories to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\

Thank you for the swift reply. Looking forward to the next hotfix

So we after hotfix we can fix this??

If that’s the extracted GD map then it should be fixed since it’s got to do with the expac records not importing

Omg, I am not the only one lol! I am waiting for info on this myself.

Edit because I am an idiot. I never read up because I didn’t think about new posts, lesson learned :stuck_out_tongue:

Still not fixed… Maybe I do something wrong?

Yeah I am still having a ton issues, No idea whats up. For some reason I cant even extract dgx1 worldmap anymore as its size 0Kb. It tells me when I extract
the game files that achivetool -extract has some error then it moved on to other files.

I also notice in that “some” stuff in my gameengine file no longer apply. for example - The way i have my spawns adjust work no problem, However my devotion cap stays at 55 ( I have it always set to 65 don’t judge lol ) No matter what and yes, that’s even changing the file in dgx1 however if I am reading this right my mods files should still be first? Who knows…

When it was working okay the only issues I had was like the picture above. just missing textures from aom and the world editor not loading textures into the world unless you had them in your mod.

Ive did a few clean installs with nothing working so I have no idea =/

Hi

I have a crash issue when opening some dbr since 1.0.2.1 (worked with previous versions.)

I had :
patched 1.0.2.1
Tools : extract games files
New mod,
Database, import record, creature,pc,playerlevel.dbr

It works with some others dbr

Can someone help ?

************** Texte de l’exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d’objet n’est pas définie à une instance d’un objet.
à DBREditor.Template.ParseTemplateData(Tokenizer tokenizer)
à DBREditor.Template.ParseTemplate(String filePath, Boolean initialTemplate)
à DBREditor.Template.Load(String workingDirectory, String filePath, Boolean editMode)
à DBREditor.ProjectManager.OpenRecord(String recordPath)
à DBREditor.formMain.DoOpen(String filename)
à DBREditor.formMain.formMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l’assembly*: 2.0.0.0
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.8762 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

DBREditor
Version de l’assembly*: 2017.7.28.0
Version Win32*: 2017.7.28.0
CodeBase*: file:///D:/gamez/steam/SteamApps/common/Grim%20Dawn/dbreditor.exe

System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Utility
Version de l’assembly*: 2012.11.8.0

ObjectListView
Version de l’assembly*: 2.9.1.22937

System.Windows.Forms.resources
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.8762 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L’application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple*:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging=“true” />
</configuration>

Hi, i put :

D:\gamez\steam\SteamApps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\ in browse

D:\gamez\steam\SteamApps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1mods\ in source

then extract the base

Then launch game and main campaign

then… it’s… nice…

Someone help ?

Ive seen this too

Powerful modding tools.:stuck_out_tongue:

Titan Quest had the good fortune of getting made because the devs were able to use the engine from an existing game. Chess.

Wut??

Also, hasn’t this issue been fixed yet. Extracting files takes too much time so I am asking here first

Bump.
So, does someone know, how to fix this??

the squares don’t really matter they should still be fine when you load it in game, so unless you want to place new stuff you don’t have to worry about it.
I also tried every possible variation with additional source and browse directory, it simply isn’t working for me either.

If you want to place the new stuff and as long as the additional sources loading isn’t working you can work around the issue, it’s not pretty but it gets the job done.

copy the database source to your mod (at least level art, terraintextures and creatures/enemies that’s where most of the dbrs should be in).
/mods/gdx1/database/records/ -> /mods/mymod/database/records/
after that build the mod. You can of course move everything from mods/gdx1/database/records/ to your mod but there is no need for skills or mastery dbrs and all that other stuff.

this will remove the pink squares and it will also allow you to place the new things, but they will be invisible because their mesh is inside resources, this time don’t copy the source files but the *.arc
Grim Dawn/gdx1/resources/ -> /mods/mymod/resources/

again Creatures.arc, Level Art.arc and Terrain Textures.arc is probably enough to cover everything, this only works if your source folders don’t include those, if you have a source/Creatures you are going to override your mod files.
When you build your mod for the first time after opening AM (like when the msg if you want to delete old files pops up) it will override those arcs and make them 1kb in size, so you have to copy them over again.

when you release it, you can delete those files again, the mod will work just fine without them, it’s only the modding tools that don’t seem to load them.

I did that with just one enemy dbr to test it:

EDIT: terrain textures are likely required as well, so I added them to the list