Expansion Database Extraction

Hi All,

I know I’m probably getting ahead of myself asking this, what with the expansion having only been out for a day, but has anyone else successfully extracted the database.arz file? I wanted to get a look at some of the new affixes for my modding project I’ve been waiting to resurrect but can’t get into it. Other files in the expansion folder seem to extract fine.

If it is disabled on purpose to keep some things secret for a while, that’s cool too, but I just wanted to check so I can either keep troubleshooting it or stop trying for a while and work on other aspects of my mod.

Here is the error I got (linked since it isnt letting me embed for some reason):

https://imgur.com/a/Eh3V7

Thanks.

I believe the files you are looking for are in MOD under GDx1, That’s where I found the world map files and all other stuff.

The problem I am having right now is that if you open the world editor up all I see is black with pink " Missing texture " Boxes, upon looking closer it sames the only files the editor is noticing is the ones only in my mod ( which isn’t much )

I don’t know much about this stuff so I don’t know if its something I am doing or what =/

It looks like the mod folder under gdx1 is for actual mods. Looking in the GDX1 folder I see similar structures to the main game and the .arz files unpack except for the database one.

Never really messed with the world editor, so I can’t assist there unfortunately.

I extracted the whole thing just fine.

What I am having trouble with is building a mod for both the base game and the expansion at once, since they both have their unique folders and asset manager doesn’t seem to use the gdx1 folder.

do you simply cut and past directoryfolder/mods/gdx1/database&resources to directoryfolder/database&resources to merge both the base game and the expansion database&resources before building the mod?

I got that idea too however, I am now having a problem extracting the dgx1 worldmap and cant really mess with it anymore. When I did merge them the assists from dx01 would not show up for some reason so I got no idea.

That’s pretty much where I am too, none of the mods I build (even after merging and stuff) seem to use the content from the expansion, the 2 new character classes are broken on the class selection user interface for example (no image or description for anything) whenever I play with a mod (even if the mod doesn’t really change anything related to that), works fine playing the campaign without mod.

Edit: .

I don’t mean to point blame or anything or even say this is an issue but I think ( and hope ) that its crates doing so people couldn’t just go in on day number 1 and find out all the hidden stuff in the game via the world editer

If you load the game and go to devils crossing, if you look at the monster that was killed you see a metal plate infused on its back saying " gdx1 tag not found " I think its crate way of having a running gag and well played.

Time will fix these issues they always do, I am just going to chill and give it more time.

directoryfolder/mods/modname/gdx1/database&resources instead of the usual directoryfolder/mods/modname/database&resources

your root folder is now gdx1 since that’s how the game is being launched, if you are modding something from the base game, you have to cut and past the base game database&resources (that you are modifying) into the gdx1 database&resources when modding.

EDIT: Really, Okay ill give that a go.

I just edited my post btw, maybe that’ll help. I don’t use the world map myself, only modding database and resources

[QUOTE=fe2o3;547150]That’s pretty much where I am too, none of the mods I build (even after merging and stuff) seem to use the content from the expansion, the 2 new character classes are broken on the class selection user interface for example (no image or description for anything) whenever I play with a mod (even if the mod doesn’t really change anything related to that), works fine playing the campaign without mod.

Edit: removed

Nah, I was tired or something, I didn’t work either.