[Expansion] What we know about the new classes

Indeed it’s still mentioned in the reddit one. I purposely excluded it.

The next part is pure speculation: From what I gather the original plan was to have skellies with a duration; while the modifier would make them permanent at the cost of less and weaker skellies. However when reading the original skill description now I get the idea Crate moved away from the temporary skellies all together (thus the modifier became obsolete).

Hello,

As far as now, it seems bone harvest wont be usable as a main attack (neither with harvester of death, since this transmuter isnt -100% CD labeled).
And it a big disappointment for me, because i expected something like ‘obsidian tremor’ effect from the ‘Obsidian Juggernauth’ 2 hander, as a skill.
I was so excited to try a soldier / necro with a big 2handers, unleashing cold waves on enemies …
But it’s still in developpement, so i’ll cross my fingers till all the skills are revealed !

Time to grab yourself a Crown of the Winter King then. :slight_smile:

Hopefully the Mythical version will get some skill bonuses to the Bone Harvest line, the potential 2h/cold/pets synergy between the two seems like too big an opportunity to miss. Or if not the crown, then at least something within the Crown/Bane/HotM pseudo-set.

Or maybe Crate will release far better then i expected, hehe … no, they will ! :wink:

Very interesting thread, thank you !

Obvious synergies : Cabalist petmancer should be very popular ofc, Purifier as caster or ranged, Vindicator ranged looks promising too imo. and it looks like Reaper could also be top tier (NB DPS + adcth + cold/vitality).

itemization can change a lot and we will have to wait the final version but theorycrafting is never bad isn’t it ? :smiley:

Oh no doubt about some serious MP synergy there.

In my head I was/am caught between soldier or arcanist for the most part for a hardcore inquisitor. New gear will hopefully synergise with all of the inquisitor’s damage types.

Like Chthon mentioned, I don’t find myself as terribly excited for necromancer…not sure why, really.

You know what is funny? You were one of the people that were looking forward for the Necromancer the most, and I wasn’t excited when Crate announced the Necromancer, because I was expecting something else other than having a pure Necro for a mastery, but after looking how the Necromancer turned out during those streams, I’m actually loving the Necro as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m planning on making a Death Knight, a Reaper and a Cabalist, and I’ll probably start with a Reaper, because when we got a Legendary version of Alkamos’s scythe, I’ve been looking forward to build a “Grim Reaper” ever since. :cool:

Reaper is my Nr.1 - started levelling a NB a the start of this year (sadly don’t have that much time to play these days). Figured I could then add Necro to it when the expansion hit. I am almost 85 with pure NB now :eek:

I hope the duel blade lines get some changes so that they also apply to a 2-h, properly honouring belgothian who apparently assassinated people with a 2 hander, as well as for the scythe (though 2x 1h scyhes is also cool :cool:)

I don’t think Cabalist will be as popular as the Conjurer when it comes to pure summoner. While Master of Death grants more pet damage boosts compared to Primal Bond, most of the boosts are too specific and benefit better the necro’s summons (Eldritch Hound from the Bysmiel Bonds devotion can work well because of it being a poison/acid damage dealer though). Also, PB grants health to increase the pets overall survivability while MoD is just offensive boosts (only vitality resistance as a defense), and not being Shaman also means not getting Hearth of the Wild and Oak Skin.

I think that Necromancer will support better a hybrid style of summoner, and Death Knight will be my pick when doing that. Since one of the skeletons strenghts is numbers, I think Field Command and Squad Tactics will work well with them.

From an RP perspective, I would prefer Neco+Occ over Occ+Shaman. Never liked the random collection of zoo animals. Where as Skellies, a Raven and a Hellhound seem to match much better.

I also wonder how effective HellHound’s Aura will be on a group of skellies

Necro+Shaman also seems promising: Deathspeaker shaman with an army of undead - though then I would like to be able to replace the briarthorn with a bone golem.

Also the Golgari Swarm from Magic the Gathering. Ravnica comes to mind. In the Ravnica lore they employ plant-zombie hybrids. Rather than reviving the corpse, its plants replacing muscle tissue. Wouldn’t mind replacing the Briarthorn with a board skeleton plant hybrid. Anyone creative enough to create a mod for that ^^ ?

May I know how do you get these 2 classes?
I am playing with latest version but my class menu is missing these 2.

areyouabc, they’re not out yet. They’re part of the expansion the devs are working on at the moment - Act 5 of the game effectlvely. They were introduced in the Grim Misadventures a while ago.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48843

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52416

If you backed certain levels of the Kickstarter (pledged $45 or above) or have bought the Loyalist edition of the game from the website here then the expansion is included. If not, you’ll need to buy it, but no price has been confirmed yet.

The expansion is getting close, the devs said in the Twitch GD live stream last Friday that it was supposed to have gone into testing that day, but they found some bugs which they’re working on fixing. Hopefully they’ll track them down soon and the testing can begin.

More news can be found here

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=522823#post522823

and in the Misadventures which come out every two weeks.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Next one will be on the 24th July.

I was thinking about that. I imagine it will be not much effective, I think it will be more effective if you use Storm Spirit instead, because it boosts the 3 elements (lightning/fire/cold), while Hellfire only boosts fire and chaos, and it does not seem that they will deal chaos damage.

My reasoning is because I noticed in one of the streams that the skeletons are pratically a lottery of damage. They seem to deal mainly physical damage with a bit of flat vitality on melee by default (you can see it when he hover the cursor on the skill), but you summon different skeleton types by random, and I’ve seen the archers shooting frosty bolts. And I imagine that at higher ranks revenants can show up, and I have a hunch that they will be a random element out of the 3.

And not to mention that Will of the Crypt (one of the skeletons upgrades) enhances elemental damage, which reinforces my hunch.

Word of Pain + Blood Orb of Chthon’s conversion to chaos is going to be so great.

In the latest Dev Stream (00:32:06), one of the skill of the Inquisitor was revealed. :slight_smile:

Deadly Aim
“For an Inquisitor facing off against some of humanity’s greatest foes, sometimes a single shot is all the opportunity they have, and the only one they need.”
(1/12)
25% chance of Activating
10 Second Skill Recharge
5 Second Duration
+5% to All Damage
+5% Crit Damage

Sweet, hadn’t had a chance yet to watch the stream. Thanks for posting, I’ve updated the introduction & inq post respectively.

Also sweet skill!

Hm, so %CDR Arc+inquisitor may end as a better DoT combo that Arc+demo or even demo+inquisiotor , I bet this passive scale up to 25% crit dmg at 10/10, combine it with Elemental balance and burn stuff to the ground :fire:

So it’s a Deadly Momentum / Lethal Assault that can be used with default weapon attacks? Neat. No weapon requirements either, which is nice. Bit weird that it’s described as a “single shot” that can be done with a melee weapon though, but okay. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there are ways to close the gap between its duration and recharge time a little though.

I think it would be guns only, seeing it’s named deadly aim. Didn’t see the stream yet, did they demonstrate/say it also works on melee? In that case it would better be named ‘moment of opportunity’ and replace ‘single shot’ with ‘single hit’

I don’t think it was shown off in the stream, but skill descriptions usually mention weapon restrictions if there are any. Maybe the skill used to be guns-only and they’ve just not updated the description yet? Who knows.