[Expansion] What we know about the new classes

Vortex of souls has a 100% chance for shots to pierce targets, although it’s not stated in the tooltip (don’t know why). That means each target hit with the piercing Fire Strike bullet procs its own instance of Explosive Strike.

I want it!

Might be an easter egg from Zantai, I do not remember where I saw him talk about this “hidden stat”.

You can also use Will of Fate if you prefer elemental damage. Goes well with Inquisitor WPS.

Ranged weapons do in fact have a maximum range, but for the purpose of that explanation it hardly matters.

That would then also work with Valdun’s Rifle?

https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8842-Valdun’s-Rifle

8 Projectiles
100% Chance to pass through Enemies
3 Seconds Skill Recharge
75 Energy Cost

Though Valdun’s would be working better with Cadence (considering the +5 it gives). Currently levelling a Commando for a Valdun’s build, but didn’t get my hands on the rifle just yet.

I’m thinking of a Vindicator that I’ve nicknamed Kataigidaurge (that’s probably pretty bad Greek; it’s supposed to be “user of thunderstorms”. Or maybe Thyellaurge/“user of tempests”). Basically, use Stormcaller’s Pact as the unique skill, and load up on lightning, electrocute, and frostburn. The involved skills (that we know of), with * signifying that the stem skill gets just one point:

–Ranged Expertise
–Chilling Rounds
–Storm Spread
–*Rune of Hagarrad/Biting Cold/Chillsurge (the Rune itself doesn’t supply any frostburn, but given Biting Cold, I wonder if it merits further points)
–Storm Box of Elgoloth/Lightning Tether
–Inquisitor Seal/Arcane Empowerment/Null Field
–Deadly Aim?

–Savagery/Storm Touched (not sure if Tenacity of the Boar is needed)
–*Wind Devil/Raging Tempest/Maelstrom (RT may not have frostburn, but it does further decrease enemy resistance)
–Stormcaller’s Pact
–*Mogdrogen’s Pact/Heart of the Wild
–Storm Totem (…maybe; I’m a bit worried about creating a “lopsided” Vindicator with far more points in Inquisitor than in Shaman, so I initially looked for ANY further Shaman skill that would fit the theme.)

–Either Word of Renewal or Wendigo Totem. May want to see what the second modifier on WoR is.

Now the question is, will we GET enough skill points to fill all that in with appreciable skill levels? Especially with the diminishing returns for the new levels.

(Of course, with my luck, this sort of thing was already covered in the Vindicator stream…)

Added some speculation/divination on the devotions based on the last dev stream! Speculate away!

Also if you have any info on them from other dev streams/diaries that I missed (and you are not a Pretorian!) feel free to add them below!

If you have free time, you could try to parse how many attribute points each class gains per level in the master bar! It’s not that important, but it is information that you haven’t gathered quite yet…

In yesterday’s Dev Stream, all the skills of the Inquisitor were explained in detail and the remaining two unknown skills were revealed! :slight_smile:
Those skills are “Steel Resolve” (01:10:10) and “Horn of Gandarr” (01:31:42).

Steel Resolve
“Word of Renewal sharpens the senses and steels the heart against corruption.”

1/10
+5 Energy Cost
+5% Pierce Damage
+5% Elemental Damage
+3% Damage to Chthonics
+3% Damage to Eldritch
5% Aether Resistance
5% Chaos Resistance

Horn of Gandarr
“Study of the Horn of Gandarr was forbidden for centuries due to its mind altering properties, but desperation called it into use when High Inquisitor Serenir utilized the Horn to great effect while singlehandedly taking on an occult coven. The cultists turned upon each other in a bloody brawl, allowing Serenir to finish off the stragglers with ease. This earned the Inquisitor a commendation and the Horn was later replicated by the Luminari scholars for field use, though with reduced potency.”

1/12
65 Energy Cost
8 Second Skill Recharge
1 Second Duration
3 Meter Radius
Control target’s mind for 5 Seconds
8% Reduced target’s Elemental Damage for 5 Seconds

Thank you!

Hehe don’t have that much free time (also wouldn’t really know how to gather that data). I do believe from the dev streams that the physique is pretty low for Inquisitors

I’m kinda eyeing that Necro WPS and the Harvester of Death modifier for Bone Harvest. That Ritualist combo looks really, really tempting for a 2-hander build. Unfortunately, the damage types don’t look like they line up at all for Necros and Shamans, save for the Shaman’s occasional splash of Vitality damage.

Still, though, that combo sounds like it could be fun as hell, and I actually really like it thematically. Maybe I could go for Vitality/Bleed/Cold. Or Cold/Vitality/Lightning.

But in any case, Reaper seems like a much better choice for min/maxing a weapon-wielding Necromancer, but that’s not gonna stop me from trying that juicy Ritualist combo.

Don’t forget to add to this (new) devotions and the new conversion gimmick. A lot of gear will now have change %dmg to %dmg or otherwise modify skills.

Looked at it a bit more (Ritualist is certainly something I am going to try out) “Death Speaker Shaman”

It would probably be using:
Reaping Strike (vit/aether)
Necrotic Edge (vit/cold)
Bone Harvest / Soul Harvest / ? / Harvester of Death (pierce/vit/cold)
Raise Skeletons / Undead Legion / Will of the Crypt (vit damage)
Spectral Binding / Spectral Wrath

Brute Force / Feral Hunger / Upheaval (bleeding/lightning))
Wendigo Totem / Blood Pact (vit)
Storm Totem / Corrupted Storm (vit)
Devouring Swarm (bleed/vit)
Primal Bond (bleed)
Modrogan’s Pact / Heart of the Wild / Oak Skin

Most of the damage is centred around vitality, and it includes bringing down resistance to vitality. I have excluded savagery, as you probably don’t want to include the lightning part (also bit shame that its in Brute Force / Feral hunger / Upheaval), instead you would want a variation of the auto-attacker given akin to Mistborn Talisman or Shard of Beronath.

I also reckon it would be a most excellent for this build if there is an item added in the game that does the Corrupted Storm effect to all Lightning -> Vitality or an item that does Elemental.

What also would be excellent if the “Winter King” items (Crown and 2-hander, possible then more) would become an actual set; and be for Shaman/Nightblade/Necromancer

Regarding Horn of Gandarr, is it a targeted “grenade”, or does it radiate out from the Inquisitor nova-like? Mostly my wondering if we’re looking at a crossbreed of Titan Quest’s Flash Powder and Enslave Spirit. Either way, I’d probably regard it as a one-point wonder (charm the enemies massing around you, get to a safer space while they’re preoccupied).

(By the way, your descriptors at the beginning of the thread are missing Endless Flame.)

Thanks for noticing the Endless Flame - added it now.

As with regards to your question - perhaps KoalaeiO can elaborate on this (if he is allowed to)

best to keep things secret, we will find and learn more with the dev streams :wink:

so no spoils from the preatorians

Originally, i was planning on an Acid/Poison hybrid pet Necromancer/Occultist but now i’m wondering if Necromancer/Shaman and Vitality would be better.

Soul Harvest and Master of Death from Necro and Blood Pact from Shaman would be great for focusing on adding tons of Vitality damage or some Physical to Vitality conversion to pets. Add in the big amount of resist shred from Devouring Swarm, Spectral Wraith, Acid Spray and anything else from gear (for example).

Reap Spirit’s Wraith, Blight Fiend and i’m assuming the Skellies all do Vitality damage as a base and Briarthorn/Primal Spirit/Eldritch Hound can be made to do a bit with the sources from above so there’s a nice selection of pets to invest in.

You could probably start a full pet build from these skills as a core but i’de rather try make it into a hybrid. For supporting damage spells to choose from, there’s transmuted Storm Totem on the Shaman side and plenty from Necro - Drain Essence, Siphon Souls, Ravenous Earth, Bone Harvest. It’ll depend how gear lines up since a handful of gear slots will go to some of these.

Ritualist all the way!

If there’s a way to convert some (or preferably all) Lightning damage to Vitality, then I’m going to be veeeeeery, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy. If that were the case, then I could run Savagery.

As for Raise Skeletons… I dunno, I’m a little skeptical. I know that Bone Harvest buffs them with flat damage and a few other bonuses, but isn’t the build focused primarily around 2 handed, leaving pets overall pretty weak?

If there is indeed proper lighting to vit I would indeed skip the skellies and go for stormcaller’s pact instead of primal bond.

Otherwise, I think skellies + primal bond make up for it well enough, considering the many skills affecting skellies, making any ‘+1 to all necro’ a great increase in their damage

Yesterday’s Dev diary was full of treasure - updated accordingly! All skills of both the inquisitor and necromancer are now revealed (subject to change!) as well as 13/14 constellations (did I miss the 14th?)