Exploits and Honor Codes

it was a nice sweet cheat while it existed. think i easily added +8 or more points to the skill with a gear change script (not just weapons) to have a really tanky ally summoned.
this wasnt really uncommon and has been a thing in many other games where stats were onetime checked at summoning time. iirc Path of Exile had this too in early stages.

i personally miss more tanky pets in the game, but we have to agree that this is in a way unfair to other skills.

you could still mod it back for yourself.

Um-hum, ditto

No mods, back to the drawing board. Pets might be kinda liability now on, we’ll see…

I pray and hope that Zantai will mod 1.1.8.1 so that Hardcore mode prevents you using potions, or movement, in combat. You wanna play Hardcore, pussy? You gotta stand in all the things.

Furious gear swapping should totally be allowed however. Because nothing intimidates a Celestial like an armoured striptease.

10 Likes

Zantai please remove auto-pickup for health potions to help me preserve my e-bushido.

9 Likes

lol

e-bushido

1 Like

I will use a life respect potion however when I’m so deep into gamer lingo as to know what e-bushido means.

In all Honesty, i really can’t tell if you are dead serious, or if you make this nonsense up because you are way to butthurt over the Fact that Crate fixed a Exploit?

Oh Boy, what a good way to start a day to read someone claiming using Pots is a Exploit.

1 Like

Seems to be the other way around, some of you are butthurt to the idea of a coward play style and disguise it with some wrap-up lol. Try not snowflaking and argue the point instead.
Yes, anyone can easily win gobbling consumables and tail-turning every tough boss or argument (tail-turn -> butthurt).

When you’re done playing in the sandbox, up the challenge. I am doing just that as I test if mortal pets are help or hinder with the changes; seems the latter and I wonder if former developers designed pet gear swap intentionally.

KEKW

A) Former developers?

B) They did not. It was an oversight that was momentarily allowed to continue until it was exploited.

1 Like

Playing without using potions is definitely an interesting approach. It makes Constitution actually matter, which is always awesome since for some reason Constitution still exists. I honestly like the Constitution mechanic, too, so to make use of it is fun.

I’d argue that Potions aren’t an exploit though, by your definition. They are intended to be used for the temporary stat bonuses. Does that mean we HAVE TO use them? No. But again I’d argue that choosing to use them doesn’t make someone a coward. It seems the perspective of cowardice, in this example, will be different for everyone.

1 Like

I still have the nightmares, you know. Whenever I sleep, I see the faces of my ancestors, shocked and confused. My grandfather steps forward, tears welling in his eyes, and asks me:

“Why? Why did you use that health potion back at Cronley’s Hideout? You may have finished the game, but your victory is tainted! Our family name forever stained with dishonor!”

I step forward, trying to explain that my aether resist was super low because it was a new character with self-found gear, but my voice catches in my throat. Then, my ancestors slowly turn away and leave without a word, heads held low in solemn vigil.

I know in my heart that I had naught but excuses. I could have equipped a runestone, I could have swapped out my belt for one with a warding affix, I could have done anything but succumb to the temptation of easy power that those diabolical red potions promised me. I fall to my knees, my face clutched in clawed fingers, before crying out to the heavens in anguish.

And then I awaken, drenched in a cold sweat. The dream may be over - for now, at least - but the shame will never leave me.

That, my friends, is the power of e-bushido. It is a code that binds every gamer, and without it, we lose our very reason for being. Carry your toons with honor, and learn from my mistakes that they may never be repeated.

20 Likes

To this end, it would be cool if there was a space on the character stats page for HP Potions Consumed, and perhaps an achievement for beating the game on HC Ultimate with “HP Potions Consumed: 0”.

Only the strong survive.

EDIT: The truly strong beat it Classless HC Ultimate, HP Potions Consumed: 0. @Contragor, you’re not finished yet!

2 Likes

GDDefiler already tells you that info.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll bite. No one here is even remotely telling you that your decision to not use potions or not die or whatever self-inflicted parameters you set on the character your way is wrong, a problem, stupid or anything. In fact, I’m willing to bet a lot of us on here who have done some pretty serious challenges in this game (heck, just take a look at some of the shenanigans @Knife tries), would commend you for it.

The problem is your labels. Because that IS stupid, head-up-your-own-butt, condescending tripe that no one wants here. It’s a game, we’re all here to have fun. Even more so it’s a SOLO game which means my fun can definitely be different from your fun but it doesn’t make either better or worse.

So maybe step off your high-horse, join us in having a good time and throwing out all kinds of crazy stuff to try in the game (which is one of the wonderful things about the game and all it has to offer). Take a look at the recent spats of PvP play contests that have been done, it even got the two winners spotlighted as NPCs in the actual game. How about you set up a contest that maybe similar with rules like, no potion use, or whatever you fancy. You’d probably get a number of takers that would love to hop in for the challenge.

But please, leave the judgmental stuff at the gate, especially if you expect to be taken seriously. If you don’t expect that, then by all means, have at it because I’ll enjoy seeing the further adventures of @Jabarto e-bushido sensei-in-training. :smiley:

I did not know that! I dont use Mods, so Im not surprised this does exist somewhere.

It’s not a mod, it’s a tool like Grim Internals, Rainbow Filter, etc.

1 Like

oh well shiver me timbers, I dont really understand what the definition of a Mod is lol. I meant an external thing separate from the default game and its DLC, which requires downloading/configuring.

Like in my mind its a mod if its not something I can enable from the game as is without editing files or anything. Like if rainbow filters was an option you could toggle on or off in the options menu, in my mind its not a Mod. If that makes sense.

Youll have to forgive me Im a bit computer illiterate.

You could have spared the whole spiel, let me quote myself from a couple of posts ago:

“Again, this is personal - play as you see fit & fun”

Are you campaigning to write game lore?