Exploits and Honor Codes

True that, only a clarification: there’s such a thing as cowardly play-style which may not be an indictment on the one playing it. I wouldn’t know you from Adam.

It’s no biggie. Basically we consider “mods” as anything that is made with the provided modding tools - such as Grimarillion, Dom, RoT etc. Anything that you have to select Custom for in the game menu to access and play it is a mod.

Tools are external and run outside the game - GD Stash, Grim Internals and so on. There are some tools that kinda straddle the line a little bit, like Rainbow Filter and the base GrimUI themes, because they do interact in a more official way with GD via the Settings folders. So some tools/mods could be considered either or to greater and lesser extents.

1 Like

I’m flattered but I don’t think the tone of my writing is really appropriate to a dark fantasy world. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

… if so, unfit for MAGA people but if sarcasm is going to be this canny, keep making fun of me.

Haha. I’ve actually found this discussion to be inspiring. Your delivery is blunt and may come off as disrespectful to some people, but I can also see things from your perspective and I think I understand. Just when it feels like I’ve tried everything, I meet someone new on here who’s doing something I’ve never fully attempted. I love these forums, man.

The closest I have ever come to going “potionless” is not buying or crafting any potions as a self-rule. I’ve never made a rule, across the board, to use no potions. It could absolutely change the way the game is experienced quite a bit. I may attempt this in HC Classless just for the thrill… trying to think of a fitting name for the character… Lactose Intolerant Larry… Diabetic Dante… Stuart the Straightedge… My AA Sponsor… Hah!

1 Like

No-Chug Charlie.

Altoholics Anonymous.

Eatin’s Cheatin’.

Crate O’Beer.

1 Like

Power hungry builds eager fast kills but when it counts, they spend much time running away. A defensive and meticulous build on the other hand, end up doing the job faster and… ahem dignified :wink:

You claimed earlier that each person should be able to play the game his own way, but then you ruined it with this. You need to take notes from my mother in law, she’s much better at snide comments and implied criticisms while appearing super nice and sweet.

1 Like

We know you feel we’re ruining everything now; in a few years your mother and I hope you understand we love you very much.

Sincerely,

Lester and Carolyn Burnhan

I was skeptical about this thread to begin with, but I think its already limited purpose has been spent so I’m going to lock it…

5 Likes