Factorio Ate Me Again...

60hrs so far in the last week. Still haven’t launched a rocket.

Oh lordy, I is dooooomed.

But at least I’ve got the foundations for extensive expansion down:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022040208/screenshots/

Mind you, doing rail roundabouts that have 4 lanes by hand is very, very time consuming. Fortunately, though extensive repetition I’ve got it down to an art, so I can put up the inner ring pretty quickly, followed by the outer ring similarly quick. But I am absolutely going to blueprint one on the later ones I make provided I get the measurements right. Just to speed up expansion latter on.

Running with some minor mods too, deep core ores so I can reduce expansion requirements, 0.17 science preview so I can get a headstart on 0.17’s changes to science pack recipes and a “dude, where’s my car?” type mod that will summon my car. Since I’m very good at loosing the damn thing.

Next step on this run is to get final infrastructure and military production modules up and running in the empty space either side of the main bus (i.e. the long yellow S-N lines) so I’ve got easy access to building supplies etc. And so I can get the nuclear industry off the ground as well finally and sort my power supply out, then build deep core mines to secure current ore supply. Followed by securing the inner zone and automating defensive lines along the outer edges of the core rail network.

Oof.

I am not looking forward to the full release of this game. I keep staring at it in my library wanting to play again, but I promised myself I wouldn’t let my life be devoured by it a second time until it was actually out.

I put 20 hours into it within three days of purchase. The game is nightmarish.

May the Forgotten Gods have mercy on your soul.

Frankly it’s as bad as Civ’s “just one more turn” addictiveness :eek: Because every time you sort out one thing, another emerges to draw you in.