Fall of Light

[i]In the beginning, there was only an excruciating, screaming void, wherein twisted souls writhed about, imprisoned in nothingness. Then the darkness was pierced by Luce, and with her came warmth and order. The time of men had begun, and would last many eras.

But the 14th era is one of Darkness…[/i]

Fall of Light is a story-driven dungeon crawler set in a world consumed by darkness, where an old warrior leads his daughter towards the last remnants of sunlight. Only together will they be strong enough to defeat the enemies born from the Shadow.
Inspired by games such as Dark Souls and ICO, Fall of Light rewards those who explore the world on their own and draw their own conclusions.

New ARPG dungeon crawler.
Looks good, so I’m definitely gonna try it. However, the fact that you have to babysit your daughter through the entire game can be irritating. Unlike this game, ICO had mostly calm atmosphere, and the enemies were as additional, but not mandatory element.

Also, not the fan of comparisons like look, it’s soulslike!.

When I read the description I was like… “Bring your child to work day” lol.

Tried the demo, didn’t get very far, doesn’t exactly control well with mouse and keyboard.

The voice-over during the intro is also rather unpleasant, and the old lady sounded like she was trying much too hard to be in a souls game…

Couldn’t even find a weapon, and kept falling off edges hidden by the camera angle. Also, unskippable puerile creation-myth guff in a demo, when all I want to know is whether I’ll like the actual gameplay? Whose bright idea was that?