Familiar Becomes Unresponsive in Shattered Realms (Xbox Version 1.2.0.5)

The Familiar frequently becomes unresponsive during a Shattered Realms play through. It just stays in one spot with its wings moving. You do continue to get its Storm Spirit buff when you come back in range of the Familiar. Otherwise the Familiar doesn’t move, attack, or heal.

The workaround for this bug is to resummon the Familiar whenever it becomes stuck.

This is now the third bug I’ve encountered this week while playing the Shattered Realms on the Xbox version of the game. Only the Shattered Realms portion of this game seems very buggy.

This issue is not specific to the Shattered Realm, and not specific to Xbox. It has proven very difficult for us to reproduce but is, as you surmised, resolved by resummoning the pet.

If someone can determine specific steps to cause this issue to happen, we will happily address it.

2 Likes

Yeah, this has happened to me at least two times back in 2022 (on the same character, two days in a row). First time I noticed this was after fighting Kravall, second time was in SR boss room.

I have a video of the second occurence, but it’s not very helpfull as it just shows Familiar being frozen in time mid wing flap, not reacting to anything. Perhaps it’s tied to CC effects applied on the bird somehow, but I wasn’t able to reproduce this bug in “field conditions”. Maybe trying this in isolated testing environment would help, but I don’t have access to that.