Farm blueprints for normal legendary version, not mythical?

Hi @all, I assume this has been asked lots of times already, but I couldn’t find anything: for my current build I’ll need a “normal” version of a legendary helmet(Crown of the Revenant King), NOT the mythical version because I wanna have the proc it gives and mythical version sadly doesn’t have the proc.

It is craftable, but how could I try to get the blueprint before outleveling it? Cause I’m guessing that with char lvl 90 or 100 I’ll only get the mythical version of it which I don’t want. The helmet is Lvl65. I wanna do this without trading or using other characters for farming it, so what can I do? Is there any realistic possibility at all to get this thing? My toon is Lvl45 and still in veteran atm, but that need of this blueprint(and some low lvl relic blueprints like Fortitude, Fervor, etc.) already worries me…any tips would be much appreciated.

Pick the monster you need to kill by their loot table percentage and do runs in veteran in order to avoid higher tier blueprints from the pool of options.

This is actually very fast per run because the monsters are so much below your char.

Too bad this is only up to Ashes of Malmouth and doesn’t include Forgotten Gods expansion.

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile: But will this still work on veteran for a legendary lvl65 blueprint? Is this not already too high an item lvl for veteran? And legendarys drop much more often on elite, is this not the same for these blueprints of legendarys?

What I’ll also need are the blueprints for Eye of the Storm and Agrivix Malice relics, looking at these drop rates it seems quite impossible that I’ll be able to get all 3 of these drops :frowning_face: basically forced to trade or GDstash them, sucks…

It should because a char @ that level is often still playing normal difficulty so i suggest you do a whole bunch of runs in veteran.

If that doesn’t work, you can always do it in elite but that can yield lower results due to the pool of potential drops include mythical blueprints, thus the odds of you getting the one you seek become lower.

True, but i’m not sure all lower level blueprints can be attained there.

A while back, i lost all my blueprints due to a stupid mistake so i had to get them all over again. Bought all i could find from vendors (this was before the 4th rogue-like dungeon came to be btw) and tried to get the rest by doing multiple crucible runs in lower difficulty, including aspirant but, though i was finding higher level blueprints, the lower level ones were being “hard to get”, including Squall relic, which i needed to get in order to craft a mythical relic. That’s how i found that topic i linked in my original reply in the 1st place: had to resort to do multiple veteran Gollus’ runs until i finally found it, which took less than 10 runs IIRC.

That’s why you need to do it in veteran difficulty: to remove from the pool of blueprints the higher level ones, thus actually raising the drop rates for the lower ones.

Update: Well, at least I got the relic blueprints to drop :slight_smile: Totem farming’s the shit for mythical relic blueprints :sunglasses:

But I still haven’t got the helmet blueprint, and char is now Lvl 75 already :cry: What annoys me a little is that the Ancient Grove vendor Vinelton seems to sell all legendary helmet (and others) blueprints, which is VERY nice btw, but only the ones from the original game obviously, but not the ones from Forgotten Gods :frowning_face: Why?? Did they just forget to update his “selling pool” or what? Shouldn’t this just update automatically with the game database? Thought this was the perfect idea to get this blueprint, but nope. And totems don’t seem to drop legendary armor blueprints very often, so yeah, think I could also just play till Lvl100 now and then do the farming you suggested, H_T_C. I just fear I’ll only be able to get the mythical version then, and I need the normal one. Or else I’ll try to legit trade for it, idk. But I soo much want this char to be purely self-found, dammit :frowning_face:

Try doing some normal/veteran SR up to shard 25-30

I only play with one char, which is lvl 100: it’s the char i use for those veteran runs i mentioned.

IMO, your best bet to get non-mythical relics is to artificially increase the odds by using a high lvl char (to speed it up considerably) in veteran and perform the runs associated with the blueprint you’re looking for, as per the tables referred to in my original reply’s link.

Unfortunately, that only works with non-Forgotten Gods’ blueprints as those tables predate the patch. The user that wrote the OP in that topic has since been banned, which is why it wasn’t updated and, to my knowledge, there’s no other topic with similar but more up-to-date content, which is a shame IMO, but it is what it is …

You can also try Crucible Aspirant difficulty which may net you some low lvl blueprints too: Challenger difficulty, when it drops blueprints, tends to drop mythical blueprints rather than low lvl ones.

This may work as well: something that i didn’t think of myself.

@H_T_C: Thanks, yeah, I also wish these loottables would be updated, but ok, is what it is. I got most non-mythical relic blueprints from Hyram vendor, and most mythical relic BPs from totem runs. Just not sure where the chance to get armor bluerpints is the best…

@fordprefect: Thanks :slight_smile: I already did SR 1-15, but wasn’t sure if its wise to proceed - lots of EXP there which means leveling too much :wink: - and if proceed then how far. But I’ll try 25-30 then :slight_smile: 5 shards per run is most effective you think? Or what about just 30-32 or smth? I’ve got no experience with SR at all, played a LOT, but mostly before Forgotten Gods was released…

Those levels are not efficient on loot. You should get to level 30 or something once then just farm 2 shard in one time. More than two shards doesn’t affect the loot that much so it’s time wasting. You can farm 25-26 than get the reward then repeat the process. But I didn’t get your aim here. Eventually you’ll level up and become 94. Yeah some low level legendaries and relic can make your leveling and difficulty transition much easier but it’s not that important. I’m now leveling a character in elite(81) with 50-60 level seperate greens and legendaries. And I’m sure I’ll be using those gears until 94. You just need to max the resistances ans get some skill bonus that’s all.

I just want/need the normal helmet instead of the mythical version because of its neat proc(aether cascade). The mythical version doesn’t have it, and my toon is a proc build. And the only other slot where I could get that proc(hands) is already occupied by another item(or it will be once I’ll get said item) which is even better for the build. I know I’m sacrificing armor and other stat values by choosing the low lvl version of the helmet as end gear, but its worth it to me. That’s why I don’t want to just level to 100 and then farm(which I’ll obviously have to do anyways for all the other end gear items I want) bc then I fear I’ll only get the mythical version blueprint to drop, but not the lvl65 version I want.

15-25 SR didn’t get me any blueprints or legendary items, still too low I guess. I’ll try 25-30 next, then maybe 30-31? Or should I still go higher, like to 40 or 50? Up until now it was very easy on normal, no deaths and always ~3 min time left on the counter. I want that stupid blueprint!!!1 :wink:

1 Like

I guess the better the shard level is the better the blueprint and other loots will be and don’t worry even if you reach level 85 or so while searching still getting normal blueprint chance is higher than mythical blueprint chances on normal difficulty.

And he should do it in VETERAN instead of ultimate to further reduce the chances of having mythical drops, thus increasing the chances for non-mythical.