Farmers unable to work

Since the last update farmers don’t go to work, they’re “idle” or “unable to work”. The tilling never gets done and there’s a red exclamation mark on the crop. I tried firing them and hiring them, the only way is to quit the game, I have to quit every year if I want any crops.

I have the same problems.
farmer

We are investigating this issue and working on a hotfix.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing a bug with farmers unable to work and just wandering around for quite long now. Even after the update 0.8.3a in new games the bug still happens. I started a new game today.
First duty of the year was planting, nothing happened, second duty was clearing the farm worked. First duty of the second year everything worked perfectly, planted crops and harvest, then on the second duty I encountered the same problem, wandering farmers unable to work.

I am playing the game in Geforce Now but the game is updated to the latest version.

Edit: apologies for the duplication :slight_smile:

Happened to me once after “crops lost due to feezing temp” and it would stay like that forever, had to rebuild the field.

What was the status in the crop field window?

This is the kind of thing you save and share with us if possible. Thanks.

For me it’s always marked as done, late harvest

Then what is the issue? Are the crops not appearing in your town’s resources?

No resources, or even any animation of farmers transferring the goods to the storage. During the season they are always either unable to work or idling

So you have no Flax in your Resources window after that harvest?

correct, no Flax

Alright, upload your save please and I’ll take a look.

Saves are located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\Farthest Frontier\Save

Zip up the entire TownName_###### folder along with the .map file and .sav that reproduces the issue. If the files are too big, you can use a service such as Google Drive to share it with us.

I am in Mac and I am playing the game with geforce now, I have no access on my save games

Next Flax planting, pay attention to what the farmers are doing, and see their inventories and your town resource summary during/after the harvest.

It happened to me again but it seems it’s also fixing itself after reloading the save, same as “soldiers in plate armors want jackets too”. I can send you the save game next time it happens but not sure if it’s going to be much of a help then.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.