Farming endgame gear

I seem to have the opposite results … I see more stuff drop that is not relevant to the toon I’m playing.
Anecdotal evidence aside, I’d be very surprised if they coded the loot tables that way. It would require separate tables for each class, instead of one table for each lootable ‘thing’ (mob, chest, shrine, etc)

Maybe it’s a question for the modding community, to dive into the tables and have a look. Anyone know how to do that?

1 Like

No, I don’t mean that they have a different loot algorithm for each class combos, no I mean that perhaps the engine in your computer(that is completely yours, there is no main server or something) creates a sequence of algorithm for each character when it is created. So each of your character has little equation differences that affects the loot results. Or maybe it’s just my imagination :smiley: It might be totally random and so chaotic that in same event may occur in a row like it’s predetermined to our perception.

I believe there is a “SEED” which is a pseudo-random number the game generates and is used throughout your game session, to somehow interact with the tables to create the appearance of randomness. Not sure if that’s generated once at installation, or if its generated fresh when you launch the game?

In my non-existent free time I may take a break from playing the game, to sift thru the database. But my coding skills are 20 years out of date. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well that’s more or less how random numbers are generated in general.
Computers cannot generate truly random numbers, there’s only “appearance of randomness” you’ve mentioned.
Another way would be to take a system time when item drops and generate item based on that. Or combination of seed and time :thinking:

Thanks. I know it’s normal. I think I’ve gone off track. I’m not concerned about the inability to create true randomness in a programmed environment.
I really just wanted to know if there are different drop probability weights for items that theoretically are the same ‘rarity’ (ie: level 94 legendary items)
The seed may impact which legendaries you actually get, but theoretically the chance should be equal, if they’re all weighted equally. It’s that weighting I’d like to confirm.

1 Like