Farming endgame gear

Hi all. I’m looking for comments on what people consider to be the most time efficient place to farm endgame gear.
I can do Elite SR 65, and Challenger Crucible but cannot do Ultimate SR 60 yet, nor Gladiator Crucible. (actually haven’t pushed Gladiator past wave 70). So obviously I have some work to do.

At one point, NORMAL SR 65-66 was quite profitable, but I think that was nerfed in 1.1.6. Is that still worth doing, since it’s easier to go into higher shards? There was this post which was pre-1.1.6:

Does anybody know how the loot tables were adjusted?

While I’m at it, I’ve seen posts that say certain builds are better for SR vs Crucible, and vice versa.

Why is this so? Ignoring the map differences, how do the mobs differ? I can see a slightly different playstyle due to the Banners in Crucible, but is that the only difference? I thought the mobs had different stats, but does anyone know how the stats are adjusted? That would impact where I want to spend my farming time.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The difference is that in Crucible you get waves of monster and they mostly attack on you at the same time which causes HP regen a bit insufficient and in SR you deal them as packs and they are not crowded(mostly) as in Crucible.

It’s all about your build right now. As I understand correctly you have a 100 level character that needs better gear right? or are you trying to farm gear for other builds? Anyway for either scenario you don’t even need to push SR or Crucible(it’s a choice ofc), you just farm rogue-likes; nemesises(I imagine you can kill some of them and maybe Lokarr) and totems(to get blueprints) eventually you get what you want. You can go mid-level SR for Shattered Guardian set, other than that it doesn’t provide more loot you just get them at the same time that’s all(nor crucible). I think Crucible and SR doesn’t meet the efforts on loot, they have no specific loot either but nemesises and rogue-like has.

That spreadsheet was updated for 1.1.6. And honestly Elite 65/66 is a really great place now to farm permitted you can do it in a timely manner. You can make a copy of the spreadsheet and use the loot per hour calculators on Tab 3 to get an idea of how good a tier is.

Video was updated too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhD-oEAKaAI

2 Likes

See if you can beat any of the roguelikes. They are mostly for farming rare purple MI but wth a fast build like Shadow Strike you can score a decent number of regular purples.

Also, consider trading just to get yourself in Crucible/SR farming shape. Gladiator 100-110 and 90-110 twice will net you 10-12 purples and some greens. Use blessings and banners if you can’t hack it, and do it in Crucible of the Legion where you have room to kite. SR is more forgiving but at the lower levels less efficient.

Post your build, too. Someone will surely give you advice what to change cheaply. To be honest, if you put it together well, you can farm SR75 without a single purple on some budget builds.

In SR, you deal mostly with single mobs and bosses (or you die, SR is unbalanced like that). In Crucible, there’s (mostly) no way around dealing with multiple mobs. So dmg you sink is higher (despite the blessings) because there’s more of them but also because they stack more debuffs on you, further increasing the strength of each one of them. There’s also little to no window to breathe in Crucible, while in SR you can stop and wait for your cooldowns after dealing with one mob. And most importantly, in Crucible you die and it’s over.

But SR also has downfalls. Enemies scale and with them scale the effects of mutators. Sometimes it happens that you just can’t pass because suddenly Brutal mutator shows up with the ridiculous +60% crit. That happened to me yesterday. I tested a build I posted in SR80. Then I leveled the same build legit and couldn’t pass 71 because of mutators (it was Korvaak kept one shotting me). Then I restarted and got to 75 tanking everything like it was a different build.

There’s also more emphasis on AoE in Crucible builds, while in SR single target is more valued. It influences how you build, bind devotions, etc. More emphasis on damage, too. In Crucible you can burst even the hardest bosses before they become a threat. In SR you usually have to deal with enemies’ full rotation of skills.

It’s case to case. Mostly, they lower health for Crucible and remove certain effects. Like there’s no nullification in Crucible. Some abilities are adjusted in SR, too, like Kubacabra’s heals, Kaisan’s crystals or Morgoneth’s low health buff.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t suggest this method and you are over estimating your legendary drops by a little in Crucible i think. You need to farm in a certain manner to get sustainable tributes as well to purchase banners/buffs and to respawn at tiers. Its actually confusing as hell. I made a video about it here and did a spreadsheet for the 150 and 170 loot rooms if interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cU2jumhxqgQWSbsvnM7NGbKskA_H0A6WQWq5WZtytEE/edit#gid=997456774

1 Like

Cool thanks!. Sorry I didn’t realize that sheet had been updated. Will take another look. Have you done a comparison with crucible loot to see which is more efficient?

I can do Elite SR 65-66 with potions. But can’t get thru Ultimate SR 60 for that last piece of the Shattered set (which would really help)
I can do rogue-likes, but always thought they were a little slower. Maybe that’s just my warped perception though since you don’t see all the loot all at once.

Thanks!

Sorry … replied to your first post before seeing your 2nd. I’ll definitely check out your sheets and videos.
Much appreciated!!!

Crucible really isn’t that great for loot in my opinion. And proper farming is time consuming. I linked a video above where I explain why its a little confusing and the loot isn’t that great compared to SRs IMO. Some would prefer it but you always need to make sure you are netting positive tributes to consistently farm it.

If you can rip through Elite SR 60/61s in like 10-12 minutes stress free you’ll be styling. Thats a great way to farm right now. 8+ legendaries per run.

Edit: saw you just replied dog. Good luck hunting for loot.

You do get the tributes back from 100-110 and twice 90-110 when naked (no buffs) for sure or iirc even with 2 blessings (I suggest Ulo and Empyrion). Or was it 100-120 three times? Anyway, I suggested this because op has a build problem, and 120 is harder because of two nemeses.

Once you get a sub 6 build, Crucible is still better in theory. Except the RNG death fiesta that Crucible is struggling with especially in the last few patches since FG (chain stuns, unlucky debuff synergies, movement skill jamming, etc.). All in all, yeah, SR is better for loot because, well, you can die like 4 times without a penalty. Especially with camera abuse, where bad RNG situations happen rarely.

That’s the Zantai Interpretation. Imo Cr170 is certainly not equal to SR65. If you can consistently do buffed Cr170 you can usually do SR75 with ease. SR65 is more like Cr~100 naked, more or less.

With revamped mobs and nerfs to blessings/banners, Cr170 is a bitch now. Blame the speedrunners lol.

That’s most true. Basically the best farming ground is the one you enjoy more.

and this is why I prefer and recommend challenger crucible. Challenger 170 x3 is more realistic and the loot per hour is still great too. Though gladiator to 150 works too, whichever OP prefers though.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input.
I’m having fun as long as the loot is dropping and i’m not dying too much.
:smile:

Now that we have monster totems, I highly recommend you get as many factions to Nemesis status as possible and develop a farming pattern for each. Some of them are close to multiple potential totem spawns, and when combined, you can net yourself a ridiculous amount of legendary/epic drops. Plus you can grab rare crafting mats like Blooms and Seals, etc. I used the world map on Grimtools to look at spawn points for Nems and totems to determine the best farming patterns.

I personally like to farm Alex, Kai and Reaper/Kuba the most, those areas are all good for totems as well. Or you can run SoT multiple times and maybe find Moose in there. Nems like Fab and Zant/Maiden are super fast to farm bc of limited spawn points.

But yes, you do want to get to Ult SR60/61 eventually, I farm that the most for legs, it’s the most efficient for me based on time played.

Hi,
Could you tell me if there any difference between doing SR75-76 and e.g. SR75-80 in drops?
As I noticed many people do 2 levels of SR.
Do you know how to drop scales?

MikeFic_YT’s videos were very useful. He commented that there is no benefit to doing more than 2 shards at a time.

Just an Ugdenbog farm(including Ancient Grove and Borrowholm Cellar) with 2 Nemesis and totems.

12 Legendaries+ 22 Ugdenbloom + Epics, MI’s and a lot of mats.

1 Like

I changed my mind because of to doing 2 shards and getting reward is a lot more efficient than both long SR session and Crucible by loot.

So MikeFic_YT is very right. Doing 10 shards is no better than 2 shards and it takes much shorter so it’s also shorter than area farming with nemesis and totems. Yes there is lesser loot but again it’s faster and due to RNG you get a lot of MI’s too, if you’re lucky you get what you want, the only negative thing is you do not get that much mats. Mat farming is still based on areas.

The MI drops are the actual selling points of Cruci and SR in my opinion. If you just want to farm legendary items in a relatively safe and stress-free manner you can do that with a good Totem farming route.

3 Likes

Followup questions …
Does anyone know if individual legendaries have different weightings for chances to drop? Are some more rare than others? Excluding MI specific items of course.

If it’s truly random, I would think any level 94 legendary should have the same chance to drop, if the engine determines a legendary item will drop.
And would that change for, say, a level 84 legendary?
(Looking at you, elusive Mythical Spellgaze helmet!)

(I searched and found an old post about a utility called GDLoot that examines the data files and spits out probabilities … but looked like it hadn’t been touched in 3 years)

I’m not %100 sure but, imo engine determines different percentages for item loots depend on the character you’re playing. For example, with my Warlord Mythical Ultos Stormseeker(and other set pieces of Ultos) drop is very high. I got 3-7 in a week on farming same places but with my Sorceress, I almost none Ultos set pieces while farming the same area. I noticed these little things from my 5 months and almost 900 hours of experience but I can not be sure ofc. So while searching for specific items that no drop for you but everyone else get dozens of them, try to farm with another character.