Farthest Frontier v0.9.2 + Hotfixes

This is what the walls look like in Stronghold. The same way they should be laid out, we should also allow the army to enter the walls. Archers would be allowed to shoot. Also, towers should integrate nicely and overlap the wall.

Edit:

Another problem is the wrong ratio of masonry strength to gate. The gate falls very quickly, there should be an addition like a spare door or bars. Instead of destroying the whole gate they only destroy the door that can be repaired. The door can be upgraded, from wood to, for example, iron.
An interesting idea would be to introduce a siege, enemies besiege the city by which we have a problem with food, we have to give them ransom or do a counter attack.

Additional bugs that came to my mind:

• During an attack when the gate is closed, villagers can enter through it even when enemies attack it. The gate should be closed and the villager should take a different course
  • Through a closed gate our troops can go out by which they are quickly killed. Changing to defensive mode causes them to do nothing and watch our city fall.
1 Like

this isn’t Stronghold.

2 Likes

I am not comparing the two games.
The only things that could work similarly would be visually the walls and possibly the ability to climb the walls.

Edit, I just played a few extra hours and remembered some important things:

Another thing that is very annoying is the automatic improvement of houses. Sometimes we can upgrade a house on contact. If we don’t provide enough good then the houses are abandoned. Once they are abandoned then people don’t want to live in them even if we meet the requirements. It is necessary to demolish the house. Instead of abandoning the house, a punishment could be applied, people live there but are unhappy, for example.

In addition, ornaments should have sustainable satisfaction. A small cheap ornament affects the residents as much as a large nice monument. There should be more variety.

Once you meet the requirements again the house will become occupied again.

At my place, a house in the center of the city stood empty, even though others in the area had promotions no one wanted to live in this house. It seems to me that there is a game error.

v0.9.2d is now live, you may need to restart Steam for the download to take effect.

v0.9.2d

[Tech]

• Soldiers now correctly aggro retreating raiders of no active threats remain.
  • Fixed an issue where building placement on sloped ground was excessively restrictive.
  • Fixed an issue where raid camp raiders could trigger raid notifications unintentionally. This fix may not be retroactive for raid camp raiders that are already spawned.
  • Fixed an issue where the game could fail to save based on your barracks configuration, ex. if town had more than 20 barracks.
  • Fixed an issue where a Barracks or Cavalry Stable window would instead show information for the last non-military building you selected.
  • Fixed an issue where relocation a Barracks or Cavalry Stable, then saving and loading, could result in a duplicate stuck rally flag.
  • Fixed an issue where Herds could become abandoned when relocating a Barn/Chicken Coop/Stable and saving and loading during that process.
  • Fixed an issue where excess laborers could get assigned to a task.
  • Fixed an issue where villagers will incorrectly grab resources from production buildings when handling storage limits. This previously resulted in, for example, wagons grabbing one item at a time from mines.
  • Fixed an issue where gold reserved by villagers could not be used to recruit soldiers.
  • Fixed an issue where saplings at work camps would get cut down after a reload and yield max wood.
  • Fixed an issue where raid indicators could appear on top of the HUD.
  • Fixed an issue where Rally Points could become unplaceable. Consequently, this fix also addresses rare cases where less animals or raids could spawn than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Fruit production was counted incorrectly in the annual report.
  • Fixed an issue where villagers could ignore fires or react them with an excessive delay.

[Game]

• Items dropped on the ground are now hidden by default. You can toggle their visibility by holding Alt.
  • Game difficulty is now displayed in the top left of the screen for easy reference.
  • General Lighting improvements.
  • Increased Tree regrowth speed.
  • Hay is now prioritized for Barns, Chicken Coops, and Stables regardless of distance.
  • Barracks upgrade to Fort is now available in Tier 3, down from Tier 4.
  • Additional Raider tuning based on player feedback, particularly on Pioneer and Trailblazer.
  • Increased attack range of Archers and Pikemen.
  • Increased speed of Cavalry and Lancers.
  • Increased grow time of Hay.
4 Likes

One other important make to this game:- Is to separate Animal attacks from human, ie make them separate from each other, so players have a choice of ether one or both to start with.

I would prefer animals at the start and then human at a later date., not both at the start.

Worth a thought !!!.

@Zantai

Hay now has an increased grow rate so I cant grow Clover with it. Was this intentional? I am not seeing anything in the patch notes about it.

Just loaded up a game to find this is indeed happening, and a retroactive weird thing happening.

The Hay change was intended, added to the changelog.

We’ll do something about existing crop rotations that may be affected by increased crop times in case we need to do this in the future.

1 Like

A clerical error in your favor has actually delivered more fixes than foreseen. The changelog has been updated to reflect the full list of fixes included in v0.9.2d.

v0.9.2d

[Tech]

• Soldiers now correctly aggro retreating raiders of no active threats remain.
  • Fixed an issue where building placement on sloped ground was excessively restrictive.
  • Fixed an issue where raid camp raiders could trigger raid notifications unintentionally. This fix may not be retroactive for raid camp raiders that are already spawned.
  • Fixed an issue where the game could fail to save based on your barracks configuration, ex. if town had more than 20 barracks.
  • Fixed an issue where a Barracks or Cavalry Stable window would instead show information for the last non-military building you selected.
  • Fixed an issue where relocation a Barracks or Cavalry Stable, then saving and loading, could result in a duplicate stuck rally flag.
  • Fixed an issue where Herds could become abandoned when relocating a Barn/Chicken Coop/Stable and saving and loading during that process.
  • Fixed an issue where excess laborers could get assigned to a task.
  • Fixed an issue where villagers will incorrectly grab resources from production buildings when handling storage limits. This previously resulted in, for example, wagons grabbing one item at a time from mines.
  • Fixed an issue where gold reserved by villagers could not be used to recruit soldiers.
  • Fixed an issue where saplings at work camps would get cut down after a reload and yield max wood.
  • Fixed an issue where raid indicators could appear on top of the HUD.
  • Fixed an issue where Rally Points could become unplaceable. Consequently, this fix also addresses rare cases where less animals or raids could spawn than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Fruit production was counted incorrectly in the annual report.
  • Fixed an issue where villagers could ignore fires or react them with an excessive delay.
  • Fixed an issue where an invading army could demand payment again a year later after being defeated.
  • Fixed an issue where resource tooltips could get stuck on screen for objects in the fog of war (ex. boars)
  • Fixed an issue where Fences would count towards Walls and Cavalry Stables would count as Barracks in the building counter, and vice-versa.
  • Fixed an issue where relocation a building count result in a duplicated building.

[Game]

• Items dropped on the ground are now hidden by default. You can toggle their visibility by holding Alt.
  • Game difficulty is now displayed in the top left of the screen for easy reference.
  • General Lighting improvements.
  • Increased Tree regrowth speed.
  • Hay is now prioritized for Barns, Chicken Coops, and Stables regardless of distance.
  • Barracks upgrade to Fort is now available in Tier 3, down from Tier 4.
  • Additional Raider tuning based on player feedback, particularly on Pioneer and Trailblazer.
  • Increased attack range of Archers and Pikemen.
  • Increased speed of Cavalry and Lancers.
  • Increased grow time of Hay.
  • Stables now correctly indicate that births per year drops to 0 when they are at capacity.
  • Updated unhappy villagers and soldier desertion notifications to be more clear (English-only text until the next update’s localization pass).

With Hay being prioritised for livestock buildings, what does that mean for feed stocking? Does it mean that only Hay will be stocked as feed, or simply the majority of the feed?

Hay will be used if possible, supplemented by other foods if there is not enough.

Oh, now that makes me feel quite alright with the Hay change not allowing space for Clover :slight_smile:

А компостніе дворі так и не исправили

Was the Hay grow time change reversed or made lower than it was before? Hopped on a save to update my Vanquisher guide to adjust for the changes, but found my fields have reverted back?

Was wondering if that grow time was coming back?

There should be no slope restrictions on paths or walls, especially if the settlers/raiders are literally walking up the same path. Having slope restrictions on walls kind of makes them pointless if you can’t ever fully close them.

" * Stables now correctly indicate that births per year drops to 0 when they are at capacity."

Why wouldn’t it be the case for barns for example, where overpopulation results in slaughtering the extra animals for meat, etc.?

Because horses aren’t expected to be slaughtered for meat, they’re only for lancers atm. While all the other animals can be slaughtered to feed your villagers.

1 Like

With latest patch (0.9.2d ) lightning changes my performance is abysmal with a large town (> 400 villagers). Before the patch, my fps were steadily above 30 at 1440p, now they are constantly under 30 and the game feels really laggy. My 6800XT is sitting at 30-40% utilization. Anyone else has noticed this?

1 Like