Fashion Dawn

4 Likes

Stay away from me or my eye or my eye eyes or my other eye or my other others eye

3 Likes

4 Likes

Cold/Vitality Phantasmal Blades Reaper

6 Likes

oh my that’s a gorgeously captured buff moment

1 Like

leveling fashion :blush:

2 Likes

Here’s an oldie from my past builds:

The Punisher (Stronghold Shieldbreaker)

Grim Dawn’s version of Tactical Body Armor and nightvision goggles! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Here’s another fun one:

Celestial Wrath (Vortex of Souls & Veilkeeper Aether/Lightning Upheaval Ritualist)

3 Likes

Awesome illusions and the second one I find very creative! I need to use it in some build.
The poses seem to be making a big difference.

1 Like

Thanks and thank you for teaching me about that feature from GrimInternals with your Fashion Dawn - it really does make the characters look awesome!

Not sure if I have shown this guy before, but I’ve made a few corrections to his look, now that I have more skins available.

Sporting my favourite helmet available in game, favourite rifle, and one of the favourite chest pieces.
As for dynamic posing, this is the closest you’ll get -
… As first, I don’t have GrimInternals, and I’m a bit reluctant to get it (dunno even why). And then I so wish the pauldron was on the other shoulder. It looks just bad in ready-to-fire rifle pose.

3 Likes

Ha, I see we’ve went kind of opposite directions with our shieldbreakers (as in the concept behind), but still on the same line (that being the Stronghold based build). :smiley:

Initially I wanted this guy to be a BWC caster, so I wanted to give a suitably riot-ish vibe to him - a hood, covered face, a sawn-off double barrel as the main hand weapon. I initially wanted him to have a focus, but that’s where the first obstacle arose. There is none that would fit - nothing that would have even remotely resemble a bag of grenades, or a bottle with a rag, or even a lit torch (the best suitable skin is a mace).

So I went back to the drawing board, and replaced the initial choice of sidearm, and then switched focus for shield. Krieg’s tower shield gives a anice heavy duty riot shield vibe, so while it’s not exactly what I wanted, it’s still a good fit.

So, a Stronghold Shieldbreaker, that wasn’t even supposed to be one to begin with. :upside_down_face:

Might change the shoulders for a different scarf colour (black-ish?) and will probably have the surcoat swapped for one less “elegant”, more tattered or something. Maybe have the gloves changed to fit less of reds on him. Dunno. I kind of like the red-brownish colours on characters.

1 Like

Yes it does, that’s for sure. My Punisher build was originally a Commando back when the Alpha first came out and used a pistol with that shield. He rocked the shield, a pistol and the Incendiary Casque/Shoulderplates combo. Always loved the Riot Shield look - it’s very nostalgic for me! :slight_smile:

Excellent! Hit 'em with the butt of the rifle and stick 'em with the bayonet!

1 Like

That’s exactly the reason I want to put a charge-type augment on the medal, instead of my usual teleport (as they seem to be able to be used even under CC debuffs). A proper bayonet charge. Hoorah!

My first ever character in Grim Dawn was a commando as well, starting from Demolitionist, and brandishing a rifle. I was so hyped I could actually carry a rifle, and after looking at the skills, Demo seemed a no-brainer. I don’t exactly remember why I went Soldier for the second class, might have been because I thought I would actually swap weapons between rifle and some close-quarters alternative. Or might have been a coin toss (I remember considering shaman and nightblade as well).

Then I realized this setup won’t work (leveling both FS and Cadence, first for ranged, and the other for melee), so I paid a visit - and a nice sum - to the spirit guide, went with handgun+shield, plus mortar trap, then replaced FS with Cadence and swaped a gun for a melee weapon completely.
So from a big gun my Commando went to smaller caliber, and eventually to axe+shield - charge in, shield bash, pop a mortar, laugh.

I remember reading a lot of hate towards mortar trap, and still can’t understand any of it. Especially when combined with Ulzuin constelation proc. And when the Big One procs. :fire:

1 Like

In the service of Solael! I really struggled with the gloves, still not too happy with them but oh well.

7 Likes

I thought there are gloves that match the shoulders. Maybe I’m mistaken… :thinking:

1 Like

did you try valgur, bloodrite, emberguard, or the gdstash illusion “infantry vambraces”(darker version of valgur) ?
really diggin’ the solael outfit tho :ok_hand:

1 Like

I used Voidrend Talons. They fit nicely.

3 Likes

No GD stash for me, though I did try the others. Just wasn’t a huge fan of how it looked.

1 Like

Yep, Voidrend Talons match. Don’t know how I missed this. I guess that’s what you get for drinking at 7:30 in the morning.:joy::rofl:

2 Likes