Fashion Dawn

Please imagine the lightning under the character’s feet is the color of Aether.

2 Likes

The Soldier and the Witch

Got back to GrimDawn after a while, and while I wasn’t able to create the outfit I wanted (and that I actually got back to make), I rolled out two other outfits instead.

Rienne van Setten (Vindicator)

Rienne is a riflewoman serving her time in the Black Legion, doubling as a scout, an infiltrator, an executioner. Her prey of choice are mages and witches, and while she cannot evoke the null-aura like the spellbreakers do, she makes up for it with her iron will, sharp eye and steady hand. With a custom-made carbine on her shoulder, this soldier will march one thousand miles and one thousand more to root out the threats to the Empire, just as she has sworn to do back in the day - one round and one hole in the forehead at a time.

Samedi Lykaon (Warlock)

Answering the call of the wild magic, definitely unsanctified by the Luminari, Samedi has sacrificed a lot in her life. And now, when she has finally gained the firm grasp on it, with both powers of Aether and Chaos bent into submission, she is going to challenge the Witch Gods themselves. They are weak, she knows, masking their impotence with false arrogance and pretencious silence. And she is going to lay their lies bare for all to see. Just as the king walks naked, so do the Three.

2 Likes

- Happy Summer Holidays -

2 Likes

Dude, I miss that background.

1 Like

Haha, ‘Vanilla vibes’ was the other title I considered.

1 Like

You can easily have that background. Just follow the steps as listed here…

[Request] Main Menu Selection

Did some rework, with Tenebris she was looking more badass but these weapons also really cool.

And changed the boots with this one, better than krieg boots.

2 Likes

I tried to recreate Mogdrogen outlook. The helmet model does not exist in the game (as far as I know), so took another with antlers. And, of course, Blessed Cleaver of Mogdrogen as weapon illusion :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

My Harra Spellbreaker. I like the witch look for this and the badass scythe

My Virtue Aegis Paladin. Closest I’ve done for a Taskmaster cosplay

2 Likes

4 Likes

Great, now we only need insect leg and aoe heal skill :stuck_out_tongue:. Now, here is mine:

Lord Judicator

Erulan General

Possesed Myrmidon

Dreeg Sentinel

7 Likes

ad 1. These shoulders have always grabbed my attention, nice to see a full consistent optimized illusion with it.
ad 2. Same but for the helmet.
ad 4. This sword is magnificent at high resolution! I feel like we’ve just started to discover and fully appreciate the work of Crate artists. Or maybe it’s just me because I play at a very low resolution and settings. But even with a high-end computer you don’t zoom your characters that much.

2 Likes

Looks familiar :thinking:

Though your helmet illusion fits more thematically. Sentinel is good :+1:.

2 Likes

Whoops, well perhaps it’s the same person. Your style is when he is going full ham on battlefield while mine is when he do corrupt political things in capital :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, who knows that turning off menu background will yield more crisp screenshot.

Perhaps someone would like to challenge themselves to play fully zoom in :wink:

1 Like

Grim Internals also enables you to zoom a character so that it fits the whole screen. You can see my screenshots are 1080 pixels in height. Makes a difference especially if you click on the picture here on forum so that it pops out bigger.

I played once with partially zoomed camera. Improves immersion quite a bit.

1 Like

I dunno about “fully” zoomed in (via GrimInternals/GrimCam) beyond just messing around, but otherwise I often play with the camera fairly zoomed in. Max zoom out tends to make you feel disconnected from what is happening below so I’m not a fan of using it often - preferring instead to see what is going on in greater detail at medium to close zoom.

1 Like

I prefer to actually see what’s happening around - especially keeping a look out for all those pesky “arcane” monsters - so I rather go for max zoom out.

That looks really awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t actually play FULLY zoomed in, but on occasions when farming Nemesis or Totems on familiar maps with one of my killer characters, I do often zoom in 50+% and randomly change the camera angle to something different.

I find this makes the game pretty fresh again as the different camera angle can make areas you thought you knew are now very different and you actually see things you have not seen before.

For Korvan Wyrm’s build with yellow Physical Primal Strike and Inquisitor Seal

20200822091332_1%20-%20Copy

7 Likes