Favorite set from utility stand point?

Has anyone created a post or something that links sets to their potential builds?

Most sets really spell out what kind of build you can make them on a basic level from the skills and/or masteries they support. From those you can often do a search of the Build Compendium or Forums overall to find what you’re looking for.

Outside of those, it becomes harder to say as there is a lot of creative freedom that can be taken with some of the more open sets that it becomes harder to list down every kind of build you can do with some of them. Like, when I first saw Bonemonger, I would have never have thought that someone would use it for Lightning Cadence and yet here we are.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. Im somewhat new and have been using Item Asst and have been kind of surprised what I have found in there… just the other day I realized that I had two mindwarps so now im making a krieg spellbinder. Would be interesting to see what else is in there but I dont even know where to start.

Take a look around at what looks interesting/fun to you and experiment. That is what I do and I imagine most others on the forum do nowadays.

If you’re worried about the final character turning out poor, every set in the game and a significant number of other build concepts by this point will have at least 1 or 2 builds for them somewhere that you can look over for a reference, and any that don’t it’s likely that someone will have tried them out anyway but not reported on/posted their findings so feel free to ask away regardless.

You can search the forum using sets names as tags.

Every build I submit is with tags including sets names. @eisprinzessin started the initiative for sets tags and add them to older build submissions. I think this is closest to what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Meanwhile a certain someone going around, changing all the set tags on their threads to Maya…

1 Like

That’s because all of your builds are better than Twilight and Zantai is a nerd :smile:

But I put both sets and Nery tags to my builds, there’s space for them both.

1 Like

Just my playful noob opinions, one of my favorite sets in the game is the Apothecary’s. To me the only downside is that one of the pieces is a pistol. Really wish it could have been a belt instead, and the proc % chance when hit or something. Love the stats and the skill bonuses on the items, and the gloves, my god… those gloves remain my favorite gloves in the game for the simple reason that when you bind Tree of Life’s Healing Rain to the ability it gives a 100% chance to proc when you’re hit- this is great in general and also on (my favorite) a healer/support build.

No it’s not end game material but I’ll be damned if it’s not FUN material! I love love love this set.

1 Like

Oh I like the appreciation of low level items and sets. This topic proven to be useful, with people like different items/game content.

And also GD have diversity, with many sets end game being in good state.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, also the recent item overhaul made a lot of items now super cool! Apothecary’s set is no exception, +2 blood of dreeg and +2 word of renewal on gloves with a healing skill at level 40, low level support deceiver’s wet dream!!!

1 Like

Another decent lower level set is Praetorian’s. Great resistances survivability offered from 3 items, none of which are weapons or shields or off hands or boots.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a mythical version of Praetorian’s. That set greatly outlasts its level range due to the phys res it gives.

3 Likes

I’ll nominate the now (sadly) nerfed silver sentinel. It’s relatively acquirable, and has good conversions and (had) good skill bonuses. Perfect to get one started with the early endgame.

For legendaries, it’s the almighty Vanquisher for speed. I wish it got occultist support, because let’s face it, a fire/burn warlock (DEE or Doom Bolt or even (Burning) bloody pox would be a fun thing to play, even without the speed.