Favorite starting town/base?

+1 for DC. Honestly, one of the few things I dislike about AoM is how the “main” base shifted from being DC to Steelcap, and…I really don’t care for Steelcap that much. It looks nice enough, sure, but it doesn’t feel relaxing or cosy in the slightest, especially with all that fighting going on right outside. Not to mention that ridiculously long walk back to the portal whenever you die and respawn there. Yes, I’m impatient. :cool:

DC felt much more chill, a nice secluded corner of the world to hang out and do some inventory management and character tinkering in, with that music playing in the background all the while. But no, they had to go and kill off the Spirit Guide and now I have to make do with a war-torn city if I want every service NPC in one place. :cry:

Or just go upstairs. :smiley:

Homestead. I like watching towns add people and improve in appearance as I help them. :slight_smile: The only mildly annoying thing is the riftgate outside the walls, but since you restart next to the well, it’s a minor niggle.

Sewers/Steelcap are nice, but they strike me as too makeshift to feel like a real base.

Well we do have extra guards in DC now. Too bad we had to loose Sardine Can and Rook to get them there

Hmm…

It fits their theme of being nomadic people

I do find it refreshing to see a few of them in dark places like Gloomwald the game gets pretty bland otherwise for me

Agreed on DC
Malmouth Resistance base shifting is the best part for me. Though I can see why you don’t like it

Btw, I don’t recall a spirit guide in Steelclap district

Homestead’s repair quests are indeed what make it my second favorite base. I wish DC gets more repair quests now after the attack
Or better yet give us some repair quests for New Harbor Town :slight_smile:

Yes, turns out there is a spirit guide, standing near the Illusionist. No idea how I missed her before :undecided:

I voted Coven. I just like being out in nature. :slight_smile:

Spirit guide is up the stairs, by entrance from sewers base.

I like homestead best by far, just bc of the music.

I like Fort Ikon the most, but only now with the expansion, since we can finally get to be friendly with the Black Legion easier without having to kill the Outcast over and over again. It has everything closely grouped together - blacksmith, vendors, smuggler, bounty table… Of course I will still return to Devil’s Crossing due to Darlet as the easiest to reach Inventor.
Now, I would say the Steelcap District has everything AND an Inventor too, but for some odd reason if I finish my game there, and start anew, the game places me back in the sewers when I restart.
The Coven is a nice place too, but the music is VERY loud for some reason, and the smuggler is close but I always get stuck in that wall before her.

It’s the riftgate I don’t like there. Whenever I go back, my pets storm away to attack the Aetherials gathering nearby, even when I am just there to shop quickly.

Voted DC because it’s hard to beat first impression. 2nd place would be between Coven’s Refuge and Fort Ikon

DC is my city :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I leave my pets on normal now, partly to avoid that, but also because I’m usually directing them anyway, so the extra aggression range doesn’t make a big difference. And it’s a pain to change everything to aggressive every time I load a game, anyway. I wish they’d save their aggression settings.

I voted for Devil’s Crossing.

It just feel like home and everything is there, well almost since crate killed Sardine Can.

I think I spoiled her name for others

Bourbon’s my man. DC.

I just wish we could do some small repair quests in New Harbor as well:undecided:

That could be combined with a side-quest about the nearby Rovers. Each of the groups might want to have their own camp. But with them living so close to each other, there should be some interaction.

Steelcap District :smiley:

Hate the sewers, love steelcap. Wish you could log straight in to steelcap.

Conclave is now my new favorite

Yeah, that was to be expected. I’d still prefer the Steelworks as the vendors are more closer to the riftgate, but sadly you cannot start there.
The only annoying thing is how you need to get to the Sunbane Oasis before you get the inventor. Otherwise, love how there is a vendor and the smuggler right next to the riftgate.

GD just needs a snow town and we all complete:p