[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

That iirc would be the classic nuker Clairvoyant by that Japanese guy - I forgot his name.

I’m not advocating for any AAR nerf except maybe Clairvoyant, but the devs don’t have this mentality. It doesn’t matter if the game is not a MMO. If something is actually OP, then it gets nerfed.

But wasn’t the Clairvoyant set already nerfed?

It was actually buffed 2 patches ago when Anasteria helmet and Flashwarped Tome were nerfed. Just in case those nerfs weren’t enough to keep people from breaking the set. Codex of Lies was also buffed at that time, iirc, as if to complete the great statue of cookie-cutterism.

1 Like

Codex of lies buff could be reverted and it’d make AAR fall in line again. I really disliked that buff considering codex of lies is already BIS defensive tome and it completely killed fleshwarped’s unique build. Not to mention it’s so good defensively, it is now also good at offense, it is one of the key reason such out of line build exist.

Getting a GG rolled Fleshwarped doesn’t mean safe sub 5 min faceroll at all, if you sucks at avoiding disruption pools you die straight away, so at least clearing becomes more skill based and unsafe. On top of the awkward arcane bomb on Aether corruption (because you need fang in ray).

1 Like

you honestly don’t

The fang is for lifesteal and damage actually.

Since it pierces in a line where AAR is firing it adds a nice chunk of damage. Otherwise fleshwarped build would gone same devotion as Codex. Except the unique damage conversion on fleshwarped make that extra damage worthwhile.

It really is great for sustain, but you can always bind it to something like ravenous earth!

For like optimal optimal DPS including devotions you’d want ravenous earth on renvant to get all skeletons up constantly. They bodyblock and deal damage instance per skeleton. You only need to cast ravenous earth once or twice to get them all up for 15 seconds. Twin fang on aether ray give you abit more control on which direction your damage goes to (incase to dps down a problematic target.). You dont want to cast ravenous earth all the time on AAR build so still imo twin fang best on ray.

Other than the ray, aether corruption is still the best go to for arcane bomb. The damage on it is neglectable and you only want it for the RR.

Hmm…I would bind skeles to seal of corruption, AAR to widow, RE to fangs.

I tried seal of corruption on skeletons and was really inconsistent.

Because you already dealing alot of damage a single mob dies too fast for the chance proc, and with a boss you cant get your skeletons fast enough. I think revenant on aether corruption is also lower chance at 20% but arcane bomb is 25%.

Its not ideal like arcane bomb on ray with codex build. But it works best with fang on ray, bomb on corruption and ravenous earth on skeleton.

That’s good to know. What about skeles on a charge rune?

That would be awful. Anything lower than 4 sec you dont get 100% trigger and anything higher than 1.5s CD sec you lose efficiencies on skeleton spawning. You want them to spawn fast for body block and damage. They actually do a fair bit with 6 of them.

On top of that, ravenous earth is a cast and forget proc machine. Zoom zoom doesnt fit AAR very well.

In fact i dont bind anything on movement skills because you absolutely cant spam it but save it for clutch.

I dunno…68% (iirc) chance for every target hit. It’s pretty good imo. Probably not so much in SR.

Or you can also do what roman did - bind it to devastation

Since it has a cd, once you charge through all the mobs only one skeleton spawns. Ravenous earth constantly fires over a few seconds over comes the short CD. But if you have dot component on charge skill it might work, as it still procs from a dot component.

I tried devestation too and again not enough skeleton up time for my taste. Each have a small health bar and even if you summon all 6 they die within first boss AOE. But ravenous earth allows me to constantly summon them even while they are being killed.

I think the CDR of fallen kings is low enough personally. I also reposition a lot to get the best angle for AAR

I hope that Crate adjust only affected items in OP builds so my chaos laser pointer will be unchanged for MC and still funny killing

clairvoyant trigger to 150% damage bonus, 7% OA. Revert the buff to tomb of lies, 15% weapon damage on amulet and it’d fix most of the OP.