[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

When did I say otherwise?

Thanks for the build though, I’ll check it out.

No adcth ShAARttered spec clears naked crucible in 9:15 like a God.

Zantai, if you’re reading this, please remember that it’s 2 OP things working in conjunction here which allows the build to pull this off. ^^

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeK3gQ2

@BOG : this is an AAR spec using heavy armor with little energy regen with one negligible energy reduction mod on the gloves.

Energy is rarely an issue with the arcanist.

Now try with no Bat Fangs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously I need some form of sustain :stuck_out_tongue:

But I imagine if I played it perfectly, I could pull it off without fangs. I’d maybe get ghoul + will of fallen king to bump my HP back to 100% when it procs

How does that timing usually translate into 3+1, spanky, based on your experience, cause I think fire with might just be stronger than that, considering the set doesn’t have any competition with fire aar mods.

@x1x1x1x2 9-10 minute clears usually translate to the 6:30 - 6:45 range.

But if you’re going buffed/bannered, you can very easily squeeze in more damage and probably bring the clear time down to 6min or so.

EDIT: The only reason why i went for aether AAR was because I wanted to see how tanky I could make the spec without relying on pulsing shard.

The video says it all.

Unfortunately that logic isn’t reversible, because it’s not crate’s intention to make an unbalanced game.

EDIT: Which is why they allow for mods so that people can play the game however they want.

In other words, use mods if you want to play with OP stuff

How is the skill unbalanced? Do you all want to return to base AAR? I 'member the pain of using it.

Cyclone set is more OP than AAR alone, I still can make high SR with that set.

EDIT: cyclone deserves a nerf more than AAR needs it

1 Like

Apologies if this sounds condescending, it’s not my intention to be rude - just direct.

1. You are conflating 2 things - (i) reigning back an overperforming skill/item/whatever; (ii) Over-nerfing said thing

When did I ever say that I want AAR to be brought back to its original state? In fact, I made a huge thread pushing for penetration on AAR:

1. Whether another item is more or less OP than AAR has no bearing on this discussion. And for the record, if your AAR spec is performing worse than your cyclone spec, you’re doing something wrong.

Without a GT, this claim is unfortunately unfounded and thus based on your subjective opinion.

Which is totally fine by the way. Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

But you cannot expect anyone to take this claim seriously.

It’s really funny that people complained for years about the lack of sustain and AoE but then it gets it and now people want the skill to be nerfed.

Well only the forum people really. I remember when it first got fixed the damage was terrible and people were complaining underpowered yada yada yada.

@Biostasys as much as a love to run an op build from time to time, currently Clairvoyant AAR is one of the most broken builds ever in GD. Comparable to old Agrivix. Last setup I made had 2.2k da, 1.5k armor with no absorbtion, resistances like you don’t care, and it played smother than most melee builds.

What do mean SR? Shredded Roquefort? Skim Ricotta? With the amount of cheese you can put on SR plate, this game mode is testament to nothing. Anyway I did 82 before I even started dying. A guy did 90 and killed all Celestials drug-free.

Cyclone has already been nerfed like 20 times. Honestly, I don’t know its current state because I didn’t touch it since Shoot (the holder of Crucible 3+1 record of all times done on Cyclone elementalist) but I doubt Cyclone can beat Clair at clear times anymore. In SR, sure, because Cyclone doesn’t have to touch enemies for a microsecond to deal full dmg, so in theory it could go infinitely.

Anyway, this exchange makes little sense because Zantai does what he wants with ZFG (Zero Fucks Given). And what he wants is for no build to be able to do under 6 minutes in Crucible. What he wants is for glass cannon meta to die and for everyone to use SR set only (joking but…). And Clair approaches 4:40 at the moment, laughing at all defense stats. And since it was Mad_Lee who started this thread (see that corpse over there? His name was Deathmarked. He used to be the shit until Mad_Lee decided to write a thread about him…:wink:) better get ready for some serious overnerfs :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I don’t know about overnerfs, and I hope it doesn’t come to that. IMO, as I’ve said, what needs to be targeted is adcth on AAR.

As demonstrated in my video, this will NOT kill the skill, and may bring it to where it needs to be - i.e. a powerful channelled skill which requires the caster to be sufficiently tanky in order to be used as effectively as possible

By forcing players to give up damage for other forms of non-adcth-related defence, clear times will be lowered.

Lee also has a point about the %WD conduit. Maybe that can be changed to something else.

It can’t. I have a Cyclone Vindicator. It has been brought down quite a bit by the nerf fiesta. And it was never really as broken as Clayrvoiant AAR imo.

That set is so disgustingly good its about time it gets the nerf hammer. I dislike any builds that can faceroll contents while also live through basically anything in the game.

And elephant in the room is again, binder’s mark of torment + mirror. You cant solve this without basically kill binder.

AAR builds run into a -crit modifier and would cry for ages since the damage mostly comes from crit, but binder stands out because you dealing damage while safe from basically everything in the game. Life leech alone will only carry you so far.

I also dislike the fact dev added flat damage to codex of lies - a tome already way too good for AAR other than a GG rolled Fleshwarped, so here you go, this abomination of overbuffed build.

That’s a complete lie. AAR builds have crazy crit multiplier, so slight crit damage reduction wont affect them. Let’s do some math. Say, you have 30% chance to crit for 2.5x damage. Your total DPS would be 145% of listed. Then you get -30% crit damage penalty, so you crit for 2.2x damage. Your total DPS would be 136% of listed. So you lose 6.2% total damage. And that’s not even counting OA gain from the same mod! It reality you would lose 5% total damage. That’s absolutely negligible loss! In fact, you do want -30% crit damage mod when playing an AAR build, because most other mods are far worse.

2 Likes

this isn’t the case really. You don’t really see any binders outside of AAR

Yes, binder is a natural choice for aether/vitality AAR, provided by quite strong Clairvoyant set.
I still think AAR is so strong only because some items/devotions supporting it are too OP. Lightning AAR, for example, is strong because it can get decent amount of DA and armour. Recently i’ve made dunefiend EoR dervish, and barely managed to get 2700 DA along with 12k HP and 2k armour! Even despite his DPS reaches almost 400k, he’s way too fragile compared to mage hunter.

1 Like

I mean… I used 2 items in my shAARtered spec… and those items aren’t that OP…

I made it a point to use the weaker ones too

@BOG - how would you explain that?

This DPS value is a lie. It’s amplifying the dot from sheet 2.

Fastest AAR spec right now is @romanN1’s and it has 2.4k DA.

My fire AAR spec has 2.6k DA and stomps on crucible. It can clear naked crucible as well.

EDIT: As it currently stands, AAR is more OP than 1.1.1.2’s warborn EoR

@BOG - pm’d you

Theres also agrivix which the set pretty much got nerfed multiple times but binders can still do 6min on agrivix now. That was the first sub 5 minute build from binder and also the first build that soloed crucible from AOM release, because you know, infinite mirror/torment cycle = immortal :confused:

The room for error is pretty much snooze level compared to a melee belgo.